IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting question, if the "whispers" on the street are to be believed someone who recently left a job with us was interested in this position

So the Gas have some cash to spend on wages as I can't imagine he or the Brighton one they've employed would be cheap. One last throw of the dice to make the club look good and attractive perhaps? Good luck with that!

59 minutes ago, RedM said:

Has he come straight from Brighton to the Gas or was he 'released' from Brighton a while ago? I can understand him trying to get work if unemployed but to go to them from a Premiership club, no way. From what I saw at Brighton he got their name out there and the flag waving was good for their promotion match.

Im losing track with our comings and goings, who is our equilivent person here?

From what I read, he left end of Aug...

Had a few weeks off I assume and started at the Gas yesterday...

Our equivalent I guess would be Chief Commercial Officer of BS - Caroline Herbert 

Thanks @Septic Peg, just wondering really as I like to know how these people get these jobs, the reasons why they switch. I guess the commute was a decider with a young family so that's understandable. Don't recognise our lady's name, I guess she is new? Was this Billingham's role until recently?

• Admin

Hmm, choice of moving closer to work, work with a Premiership club that you claim to have a great affinity with, or leave and join one of the most raggy arsed, down to the bare bones division 3 clubs, with a tented, comedy ground, an owner that has had his purse strings drawn tight by his family and unless there is a secret and espensive plan with backing, nothing much looks like changing.  Allied to that glowing LinkedIn profile, something doesn't add up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Thanks @Septic Peg, just wondering really as I like to know how these people get these jobs, the reasons why they switch. I guess the commute was a decider with a young family so that's understandable. Don't recognise our lady's name, I guess she is new? Was this Billingham's role until recently?

Billingham was Chief Exec of BS. Essentially, Caroline's boss. Martin Griffiths was Chair of AG but is the new CE of BS. No idea who is chair of AG now unless our own @Mkelly has stepped up?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

5 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I can see why the 15ers have grabbed this guy.  With him they might finally actually become the Family Club. :rofl2br:

He's full of crap. There is only one Family Club and they have been the Family Club since at least 1985 when they realised their time at Eastvile was up and a few people took pity on their sorry situation.

28 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Whilst one of our academy products just made his full England under-20 debut.........their under-21s just got thumped 5-1 at home to Cheltenham.

The futures bright! 

...but Wally will be over the moon because ...

"Former Chelsea defender Alex Davey shone as Cheltenham Town Reserves brushed aside a much younger Bristol Rovers XI at Yate Town's Lodge Road on Tuesday afternoon. "

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/former-chelsea-defender-shines-cheltenham-429123

34 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

...but Wally will be over the moon because ...

"Former Chelsea defender Alex Davey shone as Cheltenham Town Reserves brushed aside a much younger Bristol Rovers XI at Yate Town's Lodge Road on Tuesday afternoon. "

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/former-chelsea-defender-shines-cheltenham-429123

You can't expect Rovers to compete with such a long established football league club, every time they play. 

With their tenure in the football league and (hard standing with solid roofs & everything) stadium, I can imagine that Cheltenham are very much what Bristol Rovers aspire to be..! 

The delusion continues; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10655/bit-disrespectful

Just saw this in an article on the BBC Sports app discussing the Wales game tonight. "But maybe this might spell the end for James Collins, certainly he'll be disappointed to be released from the squad because Ethan Ampadu and Tom Lockyer are very inexperienced. "Lockyer is playing at Bristol Rovers - not the highest of levels - and Ampadu even though he's moved to Chelsea, he's only playing under-23 football, so it's a big call." ....but how many more games does Tom need to play to be considered "experienced",......and surely we're massive!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

There is good news for the Gas today.

In addition to celebrity fans Rod Hull, Jeffrey Archer & Roy from Corrie champion jockey Davy Russell has now nailed his colours to the mast as a fan of the blue few...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/41159983

IMG_0631.PNG

Sorry, missed that, what's with the Roy Cropper connection ?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe David Neilson (the actor who plays Mr Cropper) is a Leicester fan but has been seen at the gas so they've claimed him as their own.

Think us and Russell Crowe, but much, much sh!tter and equally as tenuous....

They've been making noises about wanting to build a ground on land formerly owned by Rolls-Royce, and they've ended up with Roy's Rolls.

#TheGift

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe David Neilson (the actor who plays Mr Cropper) is a Leicester fan but has been seen at the gas so they've claimed him as their own.

Now now. After the infamous Photoshop April Fool of a few years back, Mr Crowe himself tweeted he loves the City. Us and Dirty Leeds. 

I don't think Roy Cropper went public...

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Were they playing Leicester at the time..? Oh no, of course not..!

Roy Cropper does live in Bristol area, so he probably just fancied a day out somewhere that he'd be the coolest kid in town for a change.