IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry, have only skimmed through the last few pages but is this genuine? Can't be, surely?

I think everybody who has visited these pages thought it was a wind up until somebody posted this link ......

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/2017/08/30/our-dsa-have-been-busy/

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry, have only skimmed through the last few pages but is this genuine? Can't be, surely?

Terrifyingly: yes.

Our newly formed Disabled Supporters Association have been hard at work and are starting to make a difference.

Their secretary Zoe says, “Some of you may have seen the wheelchair shelters on Saturday. This is something that has been needed for a long time. Due to the visual lines of all supporters these shelters had to be roof only structures.

“BUT they will offer greater protection from the elements for all supporters using these areas than before. Bristol Rovers FC are working with the DSA to try and improve matchdays for everyone. Sometimes even a small basic change can make a big difference! As always let me know what you think especially if you are someone who uses these areas”.

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/2017/08/30/our-dsa-have-been-busy/

A previous poster has already made the following comment, albeit in less words, but the attached new photo puts it into perspective. 

As some may be aware, I am my wife's full time carer. Just assume, and I stress just assume, Mrs Norn Iron wakes up one day not only to find that she she loves football  (almost a modern day miracle) but that we've inherited several million quid. The downside is that she's fallen in love with Bristol Rovers and wants to go to a home match. 

After getting permission from Otib to attend a Rovers game, I dutifully buy a couple of tickets making sure, as her carer, I can sit by her........in their new disabled area. 

They want me to sit on a B&Q plastic outdoor garden seat? Really? Well, I'll suppose that's OK as a carer is allowed in for free provided the disabled person has purchased a properly priced ticket (I'm again assuming Rovers operate this kind of policy).

However, assuming my wife's wheelchair can get into this disabled area, how the hell is she going to see properly? Maybe you could get 3 wheelchair users into the front by the barrier but how are 2 of them going to see all of the pitch with a pillar (whoops, B&Q timber) clearly obstructing the view?

The metal grille separating the area from the staircase is there to protect the able bodied using the stairs. Full time carers are forbidden to throw plastic chairs or wheelchairs at other fans. That is a great safety feature. City can learn from this. 

Fortunately, the height of railings means my wife won't be able to see any of the game. 

Until you become disabled or have to look after a loved one who is, you don't realise what a selfish, mean spirited and patronising society we live in. Try it for yourself. My wife is also registered blind. Borrow a white stick and see what kind of reaction you get. Whilst your at it, don't bother to think about parking in a disabled space, because they're for people who are in a hurry and believe in the mantra, "I'll only be a minute in the shop and nobody will want this space".

And finally for the snowflake generation who took offence at a post saying the Memorial Stadium disabled bays are unavailable as the players have parked in them.....we all laughed including my wife. 

Disabled area? Really? 

Screenshot_2017-09-26-13-07-44.jpg

• Like 9

One of the things that really impressed me when i saw our new stadium was the quality of the disabled areas and the views they have. When I remember people in chairs etc, sitting around the edge of the pitch, when I was a boy, it's great to see. It appears that the Rovers ground has been brought screaming and begging into the 1960's in comparison.

It's all good though. Rovers fans are OUTRAGED.

Sadly, not at the latest improvement to the Mem (redevelopment has started!), but because their stadium manager is no longer the matchday host in their hospitality utility room.

You would have though a stadium manager would have put the mockers on the thing they've just built.

As redevelopment in the Memorial stadium gathers pace, the latest addition is hoped to be in place before the end of the year. 

Bespoke, state of the art Dugouts, for both home & away teams' management & substitutes, aim to provide improved comfort during match play. 

Darrell Clarke is understood to have thanked club owner Wally Al-Wotsit for financing the "championship ready" structures and believes that it demonstrates the ambition of the football.

"we've never seen anything quite like it here" exclaims the delighted Manager, before hastily departing in the direction of a nearby stray dog. 

IMG_3510.JPG

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As redevelopment in the Memorial stadium gathers pace, the latest addition is hoped to be in place before the end of the year. 

Bespoke, state of the art Dugouts, for both home & away teams' management & substitutes, aim to provide improved comfort during match play. 

Darrell Clarke is understood to have thanked club owner Wally Al-Wotsit for financing the "championship ready" structures and believes that it demonstrates the ambition of the football.

"we've never seen anything quite like it here" exclaims the delighted Manager, before hastily departing in the direction of a nearby stray dog. 

IMG_3510.JPG

Are they the same people that did the upgrade to the changing rooms?

changingroom.jpg.287a50039dff210226b6ea7170f4cee6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nothing says we value the support of our less mobile supporters more than sticking them under a fence panel.

Plus putting it in a position where they can't see the pitch unless they're right at the front, in the rain!

Then again, not seeing the pitch up there is probably a benefit.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Plus putting it in a position where they can't see the pitch unless they're right at the front, in the rain!

Then again, not seeing the pitch up there is probably a benefit.

In response to news of Bristol Rovers' new disabled enclosure, supporters groups are outraged at the preferential treatment being shown to the club's disabled supporters. 

In a statement on the subject, life long supporters & memorial ground terrace legends Paul Gadd & James Savile, argue "if disabled supporters are shown the courtesy of not having to watch that load of tosh, then we feel it's only fair that the club show some equality in the stadium improvements and provide all supporters with a privileged view" 

IMG_3511.JPG

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

In response to news of Bristol Rovers' new disabled enclosure, supporters groups are outraged at the preferential treatment being shown to the club's disabled supporters. 

In a statement on the subject, life long supporters & memorial ground terrace legends Paul Gadd & James Savile, argue "if disabled supporters are shown the courtesy of not having to watch that load of tosh, then we feel it's only fair that the club show some equality in the stadium improvements and provide all supporters with a privileged view" 

IMG_3511.JPG

But that's the thing.....the fans aren't saying a thing about it....zilch.....nada.....not registering at all,  which means that they must be TOTALLY HUMILIATED AND INFURIATED about it. An embarrassed Sag without any avenue of retort will go into shutdown mode. The la-la machine goes on and the painful subject is blocked out like it isn't happening. 

You would have thought they would have least started a thread to show their disapproval at such a shoddy attempt at catering for disabled people, followed by an outpouring of anger at the "quality" of all of these Mem improvements in general, whilst seriously questioning Wally "Where is all the ******* money Wally?", but no.....silence. Sorry Sags, but it doesn't prevent us Teds from talking about it and pointing out what a Tinpot shambles you are!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

IMG_3510.JPG

I've got some old crap I've chucked out in a skip on my driveway. Do you think I should send it to BS7 as I'm sure they can make something 'Championship ready' from an old wardrobe? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've got some old crap I've chucked out in a skip on my driveway. Do you think I should send it to BS7 as I'm sure they can make something 'Championship ready' from an old wardrobe? 

Yeah do it! Half time Tombola. The winner gets a plastic chair and a KKK hat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Without putting too fine a point on it, this "Disabled Enclosure" really shows up their owner for the charlatan he is.

Pretends to be loaded and want to develop the club, yet their less able fans have to shell out themselves on something a primary school would be embarrassed by.

If he had any shame, any good intentions, or any cash he'd see that and be so embarrassed he'd stump up the cash to provide a proper facility.

He won't - because he's not in it for the fans but the land grab. They won't question it, because if they did, they'd be "teds".

It sums up him, it sums up them. And I feel sorry for the genuine fans who want to question Wael but are shouted down.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Without putting too fine a point on it, this "Disabled Enclosure" really shows up their owner for the charlatan he is.

Pretends to be loaded and want to develop the club, yet their less able fans have to shell out themselves on something a primary school would be embarrassed by.

If he had any shame, any good intentions, or any cash he'd see that and be so embarrassed he'd stump up the cash to provide a proper facility.

He won't - because he's not in it for the fans but the land grab. They won't question it, because if they did, they'd be "teds".

It sums up him, it sums up them. And I feel sorry for the genuine fans who want to question Wael but are shouted down.

Spot on.

If it (this, the closed pasty shack, no locks on the toilets, the ground fully mortgaged, the UWE stadium dead in the water) was happening at City we would be having the "Sack the Board" demos every week because we have a high level of expectation and recognise when we're being taken for fools.  This means that several poor Boards have been forced out.

Rovers fans for whatever reason never do this. They accept whatever rubbish they are given without complaint and bizzarely think that this makes them better fans.

Well I would say that all fans get the Board they demand and deserve and from that flows the ground and the on the field success.

I haven't seen any comment on the gas forums about this shameful disabled provision because as with everything else they will accept it.  Sheep.

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

How I miss my Sunday morning football,those photos have got me feeling quite nostalgic.

If only it had scratch and smell - deep heat, stale alcohol breath, sweat, rank farts, damp and mould aroma and all those smells strong enough to stay put even with an icy blast through the far from draught proof changing rooms..............  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2