IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

And questioning where the new training ground is. The penny is dropping about Wally

All's not well with the Blue few

Nope the penny's not dropped yet, delusion is still top dog at fortress Chernobyl

Sorry what I mean is Darrell deserves an opportunity at a Championship club with decent facilities similar to LJ

If he stays here for five years, he'll get it.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, B block said:

Nope the penny's not dropped yet, delusion is still top dog at fortress Chernobyl

Sorry what I mean is Darrell deserves an opportunity at a Championship club with decent facilities similar to LJ

If he stays here for five years, he'll get it.

When the guy called him LJ I thought "cover blown maybe?" as that's normally more our term for him, but apart from one calling him a Ted they're mostly too busy fighting like cats and dogs to notice...

10 hours ago pirate said: How can our budget only be the 13th-17th best when we had the 7th best average attendance last season and currently 8th best this season???

9 hours ago bluebutterfly said: Where have you been though to say that? 
Attendances are less and less important by the season,look at bournemouth and fleetwood,look at our dogshit ground!
Its all about TV and commercial outlets and activity,conference facilities,hotels and wealthy owners throwing money at a project without being certain they will get the money back.

9 hours ago pirate said: I know Fleetwood's chairman has moved some of his businesses to the ground so there is more rental income and apparently have decent corporate stuff going on, but we also sell out our corporate stuff. Bournemouth were bankrolled by a wealthy Russian and partly spent millions on transfer fees to get where they are (along with astute management from Howe). Do the teams with the 6th/7th to 13th best budgets really rake in much more than we do? They might do, but I doubt it is considerably more. I know the ground is dogshit and we need better to increase income, but like I said, we had the 7 the best attendance record (more than 4 times Fleetwood's) and always sell out our boxes and corporate side of things as far as I'm aware. Perhaps the answer is to "throw money at a project without being certain they will get the money back", but that might fall under the 'revolution not evolution' category. Before anyone says we spent such and such on so and so, we also raked in 300k for Taylor and a rumoured 300k for the Chelsea match, both unexpected incomes. I just feel like we've been sold a bit short on the playing side of things and expected a higher quality of player arriving.

Firstly I wish they'd learn to break things in to paragraphs...

Secondly they're still screaming about attendances, not realising that despite being very expensive for the poor facilities their supporters have to put up with that attendance isn't the be all and end all for clubs these days.  Their rival clubs can now make a lot more where they've got newer facilities.

They honestly seem to think their car boot sale in the car park brings in the same as conferencing facilities or commercial rentals - the ones who can tell "corporate income" aside from hospitality that is...

I see the plank that is  Henbury Gas claims that the dog fiddler turned down a lil £500 k sweetener from Leeds to go to there , or stay at Squatters HQ

:laughcont:

'cmon Darrell , come to Eleland Road , home of a massive club with title wins in our history , we will quadruple your wages and give you a lil half million sweetener'

DC ''Thanks , npbut no,  it's ok I'll stick with the Sags   , We have a new stadium just around the corner , and my dog is settled here'

Amuses me that Nichols (Nearly a full Tillson ££££ ) hasn't scored for them yet

So they sell Matt Taylor , and spend more on Nicholls

:laughcont:

Don't know why they didn't keep Matt Taylor......

:whistle2:

4 hours ago, Red34 said:

Firstly I wish they'd learn to break things in to paragraphs...

Secondly they're still screaming about attendances, not realising that despite being very expensive for the poor facilities their supporters have to put up with that attendance isn't the be all and end all for clubs these days.  Their rival clubs can now make a lot more where they've got newer facilities.

They honestly seem to think their car boot sale in the car park brings in the same as conferencing facilities or commercial rentals - the ones who can tell "corporate income" aside from hospitality that is...

I got told by my Sag mate when they were coming up from their non league year that "the FFP don't count for teams coming up so we can spend what we want for the next 2 years", they then spent next to nothing but still got promoted to League 1. I then got told "when the ground is built we will be taking all the external business from Ashton Gate, as nobody will go down there for meetings and/or events, they will come straight off the motorway to the new UWE Stadium" (don't worry about a lot of the business stuff will be with Lansdowns own company). 

They then again spend next to nothing and finish a few points off the playoffs, but now "there is no need to spend money as there is no point in getting promotion", or indeed building a team for a few years time.... It is now "Wael ain't the money man so unsure if he will spend it". Jeez - the majority still keep believing the wishing Wael is going to come up trumps and put millions into the club. Wait until the 10 million loan is up and when he actually has to spend the families own cash.

The UWE collapse should have told them all exactly what the owners are putting in, no plan B, no looking for another site, no real explanation of why it fell through etc etc etc.

Joke of a club and I cannot believe how most are not even questioning anything. 

Tick fooking Tock.....

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I seemed to have missed the Tilson exchange rate explanation, anyone?

A 'full Tilson' £370,000

A figure unsurpassed since 1992 by the blue few in terms of transfer spend.

For example, if you were to buy a 10 million pound player for 300k, you might well exclaim, 'Blimey! That's not even a full Tilson'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A 'full Tilson' £370,000

A figure unsurpassed since 1992 by the blue few in terms of transfer spend.

For example, if you were to buy a 10 million pound player for 300k, you might well exclaim, 'Blimey! That's not even a full Tilson'.

Or Steve Lansdown to Maggie "could you take a look down the back of the sofa, love. I think I may have dropped a full Tilson down there"

• Like 2
  • Haha 8