IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

With the my little pony film due out in a weeks time. There are demonstrations planned at Longwell Green cinema. Apparently the rovers supporters club shop in Kingswood have teamed up with the Flowerpot and organised a coach, sorry mini bus, opps mini. They plan to blockade the doors, sorry 1 door. 

They say the film portrays orses the wrong light and that they are vicious nasty animals with a hatred for a all things blue and white and should be locked up with the key thrown away. Showing these animals as clean and light and fluffy should not be allowed. 

The organiser of the protest, who has asked to remain nameless has said he is prowed that none of of his family and friend will be seeing the film, was heard to be muttering 'ard luck the shiiit' as he was trying to locate the Vue cinema on a map but apparently all he could find was Aspects Leisure Park. 

There are already demonstrations. 

IMG_0069.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Coincidence? 

The article in the Post about horse punching also contains a link to an article about favourite dog names? 

Darrell has no doubt been browsing that link  

Edit - oh, and a Sainsbury's advert.  Ha ha, well played Post  

IMG_0014.PNG

Rover hates having a Bath, he’s Hitchin from his fleas, he’ll Chesham around the park and he loves Barrowbone.

*Gets coat*

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, she went back in and finished her drink by all accounts.

Vodka martini, shaken not stirrup.

She's partial to a double White Horse whisky, the police tried fobbing her off with a Black Horse and she was having none of it, Pretty soon the Bells were ringing and she had a bit of a Grouse which was Dewar, the rider was Jame son and she had to do a Walker, before hers Teacher saw her.

Coat got and leaving.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, glynriley said:

Sounds like she was a roverzz fan. The eyewitness report in the post said she went back into the pub after to finish her drink. A Moscow Mule I presume. 

Neigh, I reckon it was this classic tipple......  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_(whisky)

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

36 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Welsh sag flags too, I know that some of our fans are welsh, but I’d be pissed to see a City welsh flag!

Noticed flag there before but last time said 'Cwmbran Gas'. Both hung wrong way. Welsh flag has Dragon facing left when you look at it. Maybe they turn it  facing away fans in case it gets punched by the sags..................

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Big day for the little teams today hoping to draw a giant in first round of the FA Cup. Home to Pompey or Blackburn maybe? 

How to sum them up in one sentence ...

"Bath, Hereford or Truro. Preferably away so we give them a decent payday from our away following."

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/10901/any-preference

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"Bath, Hereford or Truro. Preferably away so we give them a decent payday from our away following."

Yeah because it is absolutely massive, but no doubt their Tote Enders will go on the rampage causing trouble and the club will end up losing all of the money via police bills!

Just spoke to a lad I work with who incidentally had no idea about the horse punching incident.....He knows now.....his response?......"Family Club" :laughcont::clap:fair shout.....I couldn't disagree mind. He now knows that it is "Racist Horse Punching Family Club"

Nothing to see here, all a conspiracy by The Post...

"I swear that the Bristol Post is having a wind up. Constantly digging at Rovers. Oxford are always trouble when they come to Rovers. With their army of 15 year olds dressed as bananas gobbing off its hardly surprising that something went off. Not the first time they have tried to take the Wellington. Toddle off back to posh land and bum Swindle. "

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10894/woman-football-punched-police-horse

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Nothing to see here, all a conspiracy by The Post...

"I swear that the Bristol Post is having a wind up. Constantly digging at Rovers. Oxford are always trouble when they come to Rovers. With their army of 15 year olds dressed as bananas gobbing off its hardly surprising that something went off. Not the first time they have tried to take the Wellington. Toddle off back to posh land and bum Swindle. "

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10894/woman-football-punched-police-horse

So, as I read the story, Oxford fans were drinking in the "Welly" before the game, but when they turned up after the game for a post match drink they were treated like an invading army. Seems like they deserved everything they got, not sure about the innocent horse though. :)

2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Yeah but they travel everywhere in huge numbers..."it's just what they do"

IMG_4945.PNG

Shame they don't give their own club a 'decent payday' by actually turning up in good numbers for a home match for once.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6