IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Welsh sag flags too, I know that some of our fans are welsh, but I’d be pissed to see a City welsh flag!

You are entitled to your opinion but I like that we have a small percentage of Welsh fans crossing the Severn to watch games.

Remember that during Bristol's big expansion as a city the population inflow came roughly 50:50 from the Somerset lowlands and the South Wales lowlands.

There is a lot of Welsh ancestry in Bristol if you go back far enough.

Edit: I'm not Welsh btw, despite the sidebar.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Nothing to see here, all a conspiracy by The Post...

"I swear that the Bristol Post is having a wind up. Constantly digging at Rovers. Oxford are always trouble when they come to Rovers. With their army of 15 year olds dressed as bananas gobbing off its hardly surprising that something went off. Not the first time they have tried to take the Wellington. Toddle off back to posh land and bum Swindle. "

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10894/woman-football-punched-police-horse

Army of 15yr olds gobbing off?? Anyone for the Oldham minibus 'windiw headbutt' incident...anyone?! :facepalm:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You are entitled to your opinion but I like that we have a small percentage of Welsh fans crossing the Severn to watch games.

Remember that during Bristol's big expansion as a city the population inflow came roughly 50:50 from the Somerset lowlands and the South Wales lowlands.

There is a lot of Welsh ancestry in Bristol if you go back far enough.

Edit: I'm not Welsh btw, despite the sidebar.

I could of explained my opinion better, I’ve no problem with our Welsh supporters, however I would not want a Welsh City flag as there’s nothing Welsh about our club! The same way no Cardiff or Swansea fan would want a St George’s cross associated with their club.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

I could of explained my opinion better, I’ve no problem with our Welsh supporters, however I would not want a Welsh City flag as there’s nothing Welsh about our club! The same way no Cardiff or Swansea fan would want a St George’s cross associated with their club.

Strange that Swansea is one of the few league clubs that feature a UJ prominently at their ground these days (not a flag I would fly).

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing the Gas get KO’d by another non-League club. Truro would be amusing.

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Strange that Swansea is one of the few league clubs that feature a UJ prominently at their ground these days (not a flag I would fly).

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing the Gas get KO’d by another non-League club. Truro would be amusing.

Not for the good folk of Truro! Fortunately the ground is a fair way out of town so they can kettle the horse punching racists up there.

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Celebrations in Nottingham tonight.

County fans know that financially they are going to be fine for decades after the visit of Rovers and their massive away following. Must be a relief.

Thank God for those deluded, bubble head ****ts keeping clubs afloat.

The blue few fans I know continually wax lyrical about their 'amazing' away followings...yet I can stop them dead in their tracks and witness blank and disbelieving stares when I simply ask "when are you going to invade a home game, you just never sell out a tiny ground....?" It's quite incredible, it's as if time goes into slow motion as I watch them try to compute the logic...

Oh and we get bigger crowds at home and bigger away followings...why can't they just accept that?! And they are obsessed with the year 1982 - we've won more honours since 1982 than they've won in their entire history....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2