IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Can only pick one? That hardly seems fair, can we have an "all of the above" (and more) option?

Why of course :)

Complex needs, challenging behaviour, attachment issues, material deprivation,  cultural deprivation, low intelligence, limited education, pathological isms/intolerance of others, pathological lyers, a history of sexual and cross-species abuse, a history of homelessness, borderline personality disorder, persecution complex, hypermanic, ungrounded unfounded fear, have I mentioned anything about delusional yet? 

I believe a 4-0 loss has also sent them overnight from possible play-off contenders to the bridge so bi-polar tendencies as well.

A psychiatrists wet dream if ever there was one.

I jest of course - for anyone genuinely affected by any of the above diagnoses and issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Why of course :)

Complex needs, challenging behaviour, attachment issues, material deprivation,  cultural deprivation, low intelligence, limited education, pathological isms/intolerance of others, pathological lyers, a history of sexual and cross-species abuse, a history of homelessness, borderline personality disorder, persecution complex, hypermanic, ungrounded unfounded fear, have I mentioned anything about delusional yet? 

I believe a 4-0 loss has also sent them overnight from possible play-off contenders to the bridge so bi-polar tendencies as well.

A psychiatrists wet dream if ever there was one.

I jest of course - for anyone genuinely affected by any of the above diagnoses and issues.

I would suggest "status anxiety" as egghead Alain de Botton puts it, be added to your list. He wrote a book about it. He writes about a universal anxiety about what others think about us (big club/tinpot), about whether we are judged a success (Championship, played at top level) or a failure (L1, played in part-time banana league). He says we care what others think about us ("we took 40k to Wembley. No, really! We did!")

We all have "status anxiety," but Rovers have it so bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I would suggest "status anxiety" as egghead Alain de Botton puts it, be added to your list. He wrote a book about it. He writes about a universal anxiety about what others think about us (big club/tinpot), about whether we are judged a success (Championship, played at top level) or a failure (L1, played in part-time banana league). He says we care what others think about us ("we took 40k to Wembley. No, really! We did!")

We all have "status anxiety," but Rovers have it so bad.

Oh dear, it gets worse for them then :(

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

My reply is exactly what Stevie said! Nothing wrong with it - but I’d be embarrassed if we banged on about taking thousands to each away game but took 500 to the midlands!

Exactly.

They constantly slag off our away support and claim that they travel everywhere in huge numbers when clearly they don't. 

Any other L1 club taking 500 away on a Tuesday night I'd say fair play but they can't have it both ways. Either they've got amazing Leeds style away support that sell out every away allocation or they've just got average away support like most other clubs...including ourselves.

They aren't no better than us away from home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They really are up themselves aren't they?  Should be challenging at the top end eh? Why?

Massive fan base hmm as someone else has correctly stated they haven't had a five figure average crowd for 40 years.  Massive potential, an owner who won't spend and the worst ground in the league.  Loyal and patient fans, hardly unique no matter what they may think!

Apparently we're the ones with delusions of grandeur....

puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago
Post by puregas on 6 minutes ago
Just got back. Certainly won't be up there with the one of the great trips!

To be losing 4-0 and having 'you're just embarrassing' sung to you by about 100 spotty teenagers with a drum, in a stadium that looks like it was contsructed out of corrugated plastic on a wet Sunday morning, was, quite frankly, humiliating.

Can't believe they've got the cheek to take the p*ss out of someone else's stadium! :rofl2br:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

8 minutes ago, Red34 said:
puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago

To be losing 4-0 and having 'you're just embarrassing' sung to you by about 100 spotty teenagers with a drum, in a stadium that looks like it was contsructed out of corrugated plastic on a wet Sunday morning, was, quite frankly, humiliating.

Can't believe they've got the cheek to take the p*ss out of someone else's stadium! :rofl2br:

Bully for them if they rather play in a refugee camp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red34 said:
puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago

No matter how shit your own day might be going these ******* idiots brighten it up with comedy gold like this on an hourly basis.

Tents, scaffolding, wooden B & Q disabled gazebo with discarded patio chairs, Santa's grotto ******* hilarious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Red34 said:
puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago

Brilliant! Think the guy must have a split personality as one minute he was talking about Shrewsbury away and in the next paragraph he was suddenly back at the Minimal! :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

No matter how shit your own day might be going these ******* idiots brighten it up with comedy gold like this on an hourly basis.

Tents, scaffolding, wooden B & Q disabled gazebo with discarded patio chairs, Santa's grotto ******* hilarious.

Puregas is a good name because the guy is clearly full of hot air!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red34 said:
puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago

Hilarious! I’ve been the the New Meadow a few times and it’s a decent, functional small stadium. It lacks the undoubted charm of the old ground but it’s more than ok and a quantum leap forward from the CH4drome.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red34 said:
puregas
Reserve Team

puregas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 310 posts
6 minutes ago

Hopefully the penny is finally dropping for the blue few. [Although I doubt it]

You really are just embarrassing. Don't take our word for it, just ask Shrewsbury's fans.

On a brighter note, lucky it was played last night as wael of fortune's favourite team Chelsea are on the telly and he won't miss that.  

tic fking toc

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just watched the highlights. Defending was poor. Now popping over to Asschat for even more hilarity. Must get myself a login for that forum, but guess I would get myself banned fairly quickly, especially if I use wendyredredrobin.  Can anyone suggest a better username?

Sorry I might be a bit late here but why not

Wendyhorsehorsepuncherer

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No mate, it's a very good ironic wind up so I thought it might have been you. 

Like Puregas! No doubt there are thousands of 'Teds' pretending to be Sags on their forum. Why not? They are supposedly 'in disguise' everywhere else!!!!

Looks like the poster got his name from their Tote End song, how does it go again?....."Bradford, Meyer, Biggs, then into the Conference under Nicky Higgs....".....Yeah, think that's how it goes?! :laughcont:

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just watched the highlights. Defending was poor. Now popping over to Asschat for even more hilarity. Must get myself a login for that forum, but guess I would get myself banned fairly quickly, especially if I use wendyredredrobin.  Can anyone suggest a better username?

11 minutes ago, Swede said:

Sorry I might be a bit late here but why not

Wendyhorsehorsepuncherer

ColinLeeGas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1