IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, BS3City said:

Just wondering how many of the Blue Few will have tuned in tonight delighted to find that we were a goal down? 

Bet they weren't listening by full time - w*nkers... :yes:

Isn’t the captain of their boob cricket team also a Palace fan?

Hope he was at AG last night

Edited by 54-46
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing against the peanut huggers but i'd rather not add them. Yes the stadium had that amount but they're nothing to do with us really

Taking into account the Bristol Sport model where the clubs share commercial and back-office functions, the more money Ashton Gate makes the better off we all are so I would say they do have something to do with us

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

Taking into account the Bristol Sport model where the clubs share commercial and back-office functions, the more money Ashton Gate makes the better off we all are so I would say they do have something to do with us

In that respect yes. But if your'e looking at just football attendances , which we are by comparing with the blue few,then no they don't.

Before i get a lot of flak this post is not something I actually wanted to create but .....

Having supported the club for over 50 years I am very concerned how the club is currently functioning 

It is fact that we have achieved very little in historical terms and almost entirely lived in the shadow of city both on and off the field 

I dont agree with the stupid levels of money within football but we have to 'accept' it like most clubs  

The new owners initially gave us all hope that matters might change at long last but the absence of a plan B or plan C post UWE has left us no further forward imo .... redevelopment of the Mem is not the answer and may well never get off the ground 

DC is VERY ambitious and I really dont see him hanging around IF January sees no major cash available for transfer targets 
We are short in at least 3/4 playing areas 

People were quick to criticise Matty for leaving but city offered a better infastructure and a club run in a professional basis nevermind his personal wages increase 

It is not hard to see DC being tempted in the same way  

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6863/january-depart#ixzz4wYkqeBlu

• Like 1

A Poem by Obsessed Gas who hates the shit.....

Everybody's talking bout the shitheads

Everybody's talking bout gurt Teds

No mention of the faithful n true

It's all about 82

Nuffink about the Gas

Just the team that lost to Dean Windass 

And to top it all off FFS

They're all raving about the Snake

What a laugh when they lost against Leeds

But now everyone's talking about the Sheeds

They'll go on about it too for months

******* shithead *****!

The end.

• Haha 4

Alternatively,  "Jealousy is a Cruel MIstress"

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

A Poem by Obsessed Gas who hates the shit.....

Everybody's talking bout the shitheads

Everybody's talking bout gurt Teds

No mention of the faithful n true

It's all about 82

Nuffink about the Gas

Just the team that lost to Dean Windass 

And to top it all off FFS

They're all raving about the Snake

What a laugh when they lost against Leeds

But now everyone's talking about the Sheeds

They'll go on about it too for months

******* shithead *****!

The end.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bcdc said:

Have the Blue Few ever beaten three top division teams in one season?

Mind the gap.

We beat 15 in 78/79. And 20 in 1906/7!

Our "achievements" are modest, but it'll take Rovers a while to match them. Another gaping "gap" between us.

Next up   (on the gaps 17th Birthday) MK Dons, who laughably didn't even exist last time the R*vers were above us in the league (28/10/2000 for our younger viewers) .

The MK team  should feature ex City striker Kieran Agard and current City loanee Scott Golbourne, who no doubt will be met with a torrent of 'sheeted, sheeted, etc. from the backward looking blue few.

Good luck Scott and Kieran , slam one in each :chant6ez:

sg.png

ka.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, myol'man said:

We must have had more through the turnstiles in the last 2 games than the few have had in the last 2 months :gasmask:

Our last 5 home games - 101,224 

Their last 5 home games - 44,418 including 2 local derbies (Oxford and Plymouth)

Just our last 2 home games - 46, 336

Their highest home attendance in that period - 9879

Ours - 24,435

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 3

I've got no problem with them slagging us off on their forum, it's perfectly normal (unlike a lot of them). We are their local ( umm  rivals probably isn't the right word as you have to compete with someone to see them as a rival surely) adversaries and each hates the other, makes sense.
Where they move into clown territory is like the Tweet I saw replying to the Exiled Robin.

A.D added,

The Exiled Robin @TheExiledRobin
LJ: “Half of Bristol will be watching the draw with excitement on Thursday. Well, two-thirds of Bristol”  #mindthegap

A.D‏ @AaronD1355  15hL_o1i5AS_bigger.jpgA.D @AaronD1355  15h
  ...............Your ground wasn't even two-thirds full 

Now if my team struggled to fill a 12,000 capacity ground and averaged about 8k, I'm sure I would hesitate about trying to take the piss out of a team that has a Stadium twice as big and an average attendance over twice as much. But I guess that's why they are the gift that just keeps on giving.
Oh , and maths not a strong point either. 2/3 of 27,000 is 18,000 not 22,000.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly?

Outside the ground, a steward asked us how many fans we were bringing. I think because he was surprised to see how many supporters had already entered with an hour to go to kick off. I had a pint inside the ground, which cost £4 for a Carlsberg.

The above is taken from a review of Craven Cottage from another deluded sag head. They just can't help themselves can they.