IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Radio Briz Ed Hadwin's interview skills leave a lot to be desired especially with his questions but either Darrell thought he should emulate SO'D or he had more important things on his mind. He was more dour than usual and less helpful to the interviewer when asked several yes/no (closed) questions. It made me think that the way he responded was if he'd been sacked or was leaving but couldn't share because it was embargoed.

Better question is who actually gives a ****?

Cus I don’t.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Please excuse the slightly pissed post but I've just been to a Halloween night at a diehard gas pub as a known red and got away with singing this-ish at karaoke as 'mind the gap'!

I thought I should share it. ;)

If I'm bladdered please accept my apologies. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Better question is who actually gives a ****?

Cus I don’t.

Same. But he sounded like a complete idiot. Clearly has some kind of agenda. Quiet frankly I couldn't care less what that is. 

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Small minded, petty and obsinant. Expect that from the likes of Jose Mourinho. But the manager of Moron FC... Waste of air time. My ears and a thread.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

8701 today, less than at bottom of the table Plymouth v Rochdale.

******* tinpot club.

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

225 MK fans and Teds meaning they contributed just 8,476.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only 3k more than what we took AWAY to MK Mongs a few years back. :laughcont:

I suppose it's a lot to ask local radio reporters to be completely neutral, but it's another thing to have one buy into their BS. I was listening to radio Bristol in the build up period yesterday and they had a guy interviewing people at the Mem, mainly about Geoff Dunford, but he said "it will be a huge crowd of over 9000 today to show their gratitude to Geoff". Then in the opening section of the commentary he said "It looks close to a sell out today, I don't see many gaps anyway" ! 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I suppose it's a lot to ask local radio reporters to be completely neutral, but it's another thing to have one buy into their BS. I was listening to radio Bristol in the build up period yesterday and they had a guy interviewing people at the Mem, mainly about Geoff Dunford, but he said "it will be a huge crowd of over 9000 today to show their gratitude to Geoff". Then in the opening section of the commentary he said "It looks close to a sell out today, I don't see many gaps anyway" ! 

He couldn’t see many gaps..? Not even the massive gurt huge 17 year long one as he glanced over in the direction of South Bristol..?! 

Mind The Gap! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I had a horrible nightmare last night that they made the Premier League.... Ughhh.

Sure it wasn't a Premier Inn? Nothing against them, mind, though I'd probably make my excuses & leave if the (hung, drawn) & quartered came in. Who wouldn't?

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I had a horrible nightmare last night that they made the Premier League.... Ughhh.

Could be amusing though. Remember 1993-94, that one season Swindon were in the Prem? Rovers could emulate them.

One Sunday afternoon's live televised game saw Swindon lose 5-0 at home. They managed just five league wins all season and were relegated in bottom place having conceded 100 league goals in 42 games.  P42  W5  D15  L22  F47  A100  Pts30

OMG; the delusion goes on:- http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8412/rovers-back They are mid table League 1 with gates of less than 10K aren't they?

That was the chant a few seasons ago , now we have our rovers back and going on the performances this season we are here to stay , being in the play offs at this stage about a quarter of the way through the season is nothing to crow about but its better than being in the bottom few. If we can , could we , will we be there at the end of the season who knows but it will not be from lack of trying from the boys. With the current management and squad and the just don't give up attitude backed by hoards of gas up and down the country I certainly feel we have our rovers back

It's just swings and roundabouts, some periods of time we are sh**e and some we are better, we are great at the moment but even in the bad times it was ok.

Must admit I thought this would be a holding season (might still be) but the late loan signings have given us quality that we've never had before imo and anything seems possible with this squad right now.

The Rovers we have now is totally unrecognisable from any in my Rovers supporting lifetime. On the pitch there have been comparable times eg. Promotion season squads from 73/4 -2014 but off the pitch a totally different ball game altogether.
Times do change and for a change Rovers have everything in place to move forward and not tread water and survive. Great times again.

11 minutes ago, 22A said:

OMG; the delusion goes on:- http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8412/rovers-back They are mid table League 1 with gates of less than 10K aren't they?

That was the chant a few seasons ago , now we have our rovers back and going on the performances this season we are here to stay , being in the play offs at this stage about a quarter of the way through the season is nothing to crow about but its better than being in the bottom few. If we can , could we , will we be there at the end of the season who knows but it will not be from lack of trying from the boys. With the current management and squad and the just don't give up attitude backed by hoards of gas up and down the country I certainly feel we have our rovers back

It's just swings and roundabouts, some periods of time we are sh**e and some we are better, we are great at the moment but even in the bad times it was ok.

Must admit I thought this would be a holding season (might still be) but the late loan signings have given us quality that we've never had before imo and anything seems possible with this squad right now.

The Rovers we have now is totally unrecognisable from any in my Rovers supporting lifetime. On the pitch there have been comparable times eg. Promotion season squads from 73/4 -2014 but off the pitch a totally different ball game altogether.
Times do change and for a change Rovers have everything in place to move forward and not tread water and survive. Great times again.

Wow that is weird, almost like it was written with absolutely no knowledge of their current position both on and off the pitch.

Edited by Port Said Red

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

That thread is a year old. Still he's hardly a prophet, is he.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I wonder how The Gap's birthday weekend went. 

Did he stay over in Newcastle? 

He had a sleep over at a mates house on whorefield common. Actually, his mate has no house, as the Gashead stole it, so his mate is on Whorefield common.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow that is weird, almost like it was written with absolutely no knowledge of their current position both on and off the pitch.

you answered your own post in there.

'it was written with absolutely no knowledge.........  '  well of course there was no knowledge. how many of them can write???