IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Was having a read of this old interview with Steve Lansdown: http://www.xtratimewest.co.uk/football-other-sports-rugby/bristol-sport-steve-lansdown-explains-his-vision-revamped-ashton-gate

This quote made me laugh:

Lansdown’s Bristol antecedents are strong. He grew in Tockington and when he first went to watch football it was to stand on the Tote End at Eastville, the home of Bristol Rovers before they moved out of the city for a decade to become tenants at Bath City's Twerton Park ground.
He said: “At that time, my son was six and wanted to go to football. One of my first clients was Des Williams, who was chairman of Bristol City. He gave me a couple of tickets and so I drifted into City.”

Actually forced to watch Rovers initially - thankfully he then saw the light when given the tickets to see us.

Bet a number of Rovers fans imagine "what if" - if they actually had an owner with money...!

50 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see that the Gaps first driving lesson didn't go too well on Saturday :facepalm:

crash.jpg

But surely the Gap is our friend.

It's what keeps us apart from the Sags!

The Gap should be respected and honoured for what it does for us.

Long live the Gap!

I take very seriously the concerns raised on here about the Hani Al Qadi (Dwane Sports) ownership of BRFC (Wael Al Qadi and his Steve Hamer). But I just DO NOT KOW ANYTHING of the basis for your assertion. Who the devil is supposed to be buying the football club? Or do you think Dwane Sports will abandon BRFC and utelise the charge on the stadium on which their investment/loan is secured. Is this even possible? The people in talks to buy the mem only want to build student flats and will re open talks with UWE  to build and pay for a reduce size ground to rent to Brfc. We need answers now if not we should stage a protests eg  tennis ball on pitch next home game .

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6863/january-depart#ixzz4x1220RjY

15 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I take very seriously the concerns raised on here about the Hani Al Qadi (Dwane Sports) ownership of BRFC (Wael Al Qadi and his Steve Hamer). But I just DO NOT KOW ANYTHING of the basis for your assertion. Who the devil is supposed to be buying the football club? Or do you think Dwane Sports will abandon BRFC and utelise the charge on the stadium on which their investment/loan is secured. Is this even possible? The people in talks to buy the mem only want to build student flats and will re open talks with UWE  to build and pay for a reduce size ground to rent to Brfc. We need answers now if not we should stage a protests eg  tennis ball on pitch next home game .

Nah, they'll just bend over and take it like they always have.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

They'll have to do more than throw a tennis ball onto the pitch, in protest.

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

So they'll sign a deal which gives r*vers a new ground but none of the benefits that come with that? Crack on then! 

58 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Isn't Ed Ware's company also attempting to get planning permission for 100's of houses on the land adjacent to the land the ALQ's have bought at Almondsbury? Is this just a pure coincidence or is there some subtle link between the two

You surely can't be implying that a director/former director of BRFC could have some dirty little scheme running in conjunction with the club/owners?

I suppose with the demand for housing increasing pressure on the LA's, it's inevitable that there could be problems obtaining PP for an academy on the colonic site, and, housing would be preferable to the LA. Who could possibly gain from this?

Next up; 

Wham U-21's in the Check it out trophy.

The only link I could find to South Bristol is well known Knowle Wester Julian Dicks who is on the coaching staff at West Ham.

Now if any gashead fancies shouting 'sheeted, sheeted' to Mr. Dicks the might find that it's not only horses that get punched at the Memorial Ground :grr:

"Cam on you Irons" :chant6ez:

jd.jpg

jd2.jpg

• Haha 3