IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Will @RumRed allow us to take the piss now?!

Yes, it’s the FA Cup.  Take a little time out on the naughty step to realise why one Cup you can take the piss out of them for, and the other not.

I’ll get Quentin Blake to draw you a nice picture book tomorrow to help explain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh Gaschat - how I love thee..

"In the time the Al-Qadis have owned BRFC, Lansdown has rebuilt Ashton Gate, invested in quality players and as a result City are competing for promotion to the Premier League.
Simultaneously, Wael has destroyed the last hope (UWE) of Rovers competing with them .. oh, and erected a small tent.
But he stands with the faithful on the terraces now and again, so he must be a good bloke."

:rofl2br:

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

• Admin

How appropriate this is, the pox of Bristol.........

NounEdit

gift that keeps on giving (plural gifts that keep on giving)

1. (US, idiomatic) Something with continuing consequences.
  2. (US, slang) A sexually transmitted disease.
    • 2006, Jeannie Cheatham,  Meet Me with Your Black Drawers On: My Life in Music, page 130:
      She fell for his soulful tenor playing, so she gave him the gift that keeps on giving — the clap.
    • 2007, Doug Giles,  A Time to Clash: Papers from a Provocative Pastor, page 202:
      Plus, there's about a 25% chance that you now have the gift that keeps on giving, an STD.
    • 2007, R.H.B. Jackson,  Dad and Me, page 462:
      Maybe I was lucky that we did not get together, who knows, maybe she would have given me the gift that keeps on giving.
    • 2010, Michael Salvatore,  Between Boyfriends, page 184:
      “You gave me the gift that keeps on giving!” [] “The old man gave Sebastian herpes!”

7 minutes ago, SX227 said:

"In the time the Al-Qadis have owned BRFC, Lansdown has rebuilt Ashton Gate, invested in quality players and as a result City are competing for promotion to the Premier League.
Simultaneously, Wael has destroyed the last hope (UWE) of Rovers competing with them .. oh, and erected a small tent.
But he stands with the faithful on the terraces now and again, so he must be a good bloke."

Well I never! A gashead that knows what he’s talking about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think some people are getting carried away with the speculation about BRFC and their finances.

After all, this is pure conjecture on most of our parts, with little to go on except the company accounts, Chairman's statements of running costs, physical evidence of no investment in the playing staff or the stadium (haha, stadium), rumours about why bills not paid, no plans for the colony yet, no plans for redevelopment yet, rumours about the owners Wael and family trying to sell, they could all of a sudden just announce massive investment. And some on here creaming themselves about them possibly going into administration if their losses continue. I believe we should take a step back and see how things develop before shouting too much. Fat lady and all that.

**** it, let's just have a laugh at their predicament.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think some people are getting carried away with the speculation about BRFC and their finances.

After all, this is pure conjecture on most of our parts, with little to go on except the company accounts, Chairman's statements of running costs, physical evidence of no investment in the playing staff or the stadium (haha, stadium), rumours about why bills not paid, no plans for the colony yet, no plans for redevelopment yet, rumours about the owners Wael and family trying to sell, they could all of a sudden just announce massive investment. And some on here creaming themselves about them possibly going into administration if their losses continue. I believe we should take a step back and see how things develop before shouting too much. Fat lady and all that.

**** it, let's just have a laugh at their predicament.

I don’t think we should gloat. Wait until we are able to mock, as the final nail is hammered into their coffin. Then gloat..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

How appropriate this is, the pox of Bristol.........

NounEdit

gift that keeps on giving (plural gifts that keep on giving)

1. (US, idiomatic) Something with continuing consequences.
  2. (US, slang) A sexually transmitted disease.
    • 2006, Jeannie Cheatham,  Meet Me with Your Black Drawers On: My Life in Music, page 130:
      She fell for his soulful tenor playing, so she gave him the gift that keeps on giving — the clap.
    • 2007, Doug Giles,  A Time to Clash: Papers from a Provocative Pastor, page 202:
      Plus, there's about a 25% chance that you now have the gift that keeps on giving, an STD.
    • 2007, R.H.B. Jackson,  Dad and Me, page 462:
      Maybe I was lucky that we did not get together, who knows, maybe she would have given me the gift that keeps on giving.
    • 2010, Michael Salvatore,  Between Boyfriends, page 184:
      “You gave me the gift that keeps on giving!” [] “The old man gave Sebastian herpes!”

Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene, she’s a goner ‘ere.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Perhaps we should invite him down to the Sports Bar to give an after dinner speech and buy him drinks all night.

Oh wait, that would be a totally classless thing to do.

Buying Colin Daniel a bottle of champagne is on par with them TWICE paying Dean Windass to come down and do the divvy tote end Xmas Party though. 

Weird old lot aren’t they? 

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

The reason he stands on the terraces is that he cannot afford a stand seat.

• Haha 8