IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Gazred said:

He's done as a much as he can there. They plateaued last season and have started to slowly decline this season. Everything about the club is sub-standard given their league status, they are falling behind a lot of other clubs in this aspect. He won't get any significant backing. I think he'll be off before the season is out.

Then keep him there!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Talk on gasheads.org of more unpaid bills.

Fence, police and some staff who haven't apparently been paid for 3 months.

Might be a load of old tosh, but few are shouting down the poster who made the comment.

I'd be very surprised if the story was true and it hadn't made the press.

I'd be much more surprised if it did make the press if it was true..

Edited by GrahamC

22 hours ago, Swede said:

Why on earth would SL want to buy the Memorial Ground (I think you need four permanent sides to call it a stadium) It would be like a Rolls Royce owner asked to buy a Trabant.

If you cut the roof off of a Trabant and replace it with a tent then you have Championship ready transport for all the loyal 15ers.

• Like 1

45000+ potential fans!! Really?

This article shows the average home fan attendances of the Premier League last season.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/586985/Premier-League-attendances-home-average-2016-17-season-sportgalleries#

To save you reading it, 45k+ would place them 6th behind Liverpool, Man City, West Ham, Arsenal and Man Utd and ahead of Sunderland, Chelsea and Everton!
Leicester were defending Champions, a one team city and could only muster a paltry 32k

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

45000+ potential fans!! Really?

This article shows the average home fan attendances of the Premier League last season.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/586985/Premier-League-attendances-home-average-2016-17-season-sportgalleries#

To save you reading it, 45k+ would place them 6th behind Liverpool, Man City, West Ham, Arsenal and Man Utd and ahead of Sunderland, Chelsea and Everton!
Leicester were defending Champions, a one team city and could only muster a paltry 32k

They still quote the thousands of day trippers they took to Wembley a couple of timesthe deluded fools. Only 26000 last time though. Their core support is about 7,000 I know a few that started going again that haven’t been for decades. If the built a new ground :laughcont: the would maybe average about 12,000 too start with then it would level off . 45,000 :doh:

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Talk on gasheads.org of more unpaid bills.

Fence, police and some staff who haven't apparently been paid for 3 months.

Might be a load of old tosh, but few are shouting down the poster who made the comment.

I'd be very surprised if the story was true and it hadn't made the press.

Has the poster been called a "Gert She-Ted" yet?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They still quote the thousands of day trippers they took to Wembley a couple of timesthe deluded fools. Only 26000 last time though. Their core support is about 7,000 I know a few that started going again that haven’t been for decades. If the built a new ground :laughcont: the would maybe average about 12,000 too start with then it would level off . 45,000 :doh:

We all know he’s not the only Gashead who thinks their support is that large, it’s hilarious. We get 20k crowds and I’ve never heard a City fan suggest we’d get 45k in the Prem. 

...and they accuse us of having delusions of grandeur. :laughcont:

They’re easily the most deluded fans on the Planet.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They really are fun to read about and listen to. It's subscription-free entertainment. 

So when do we think they'll go into admin? I reckon April 1st for good measure. 

Like anyone would believe it, if it was announced on 1st April..!

I think the 2nd May would be sweet, if not, then the 3rd would do just fine! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Comedy gold.

Even a 20,000 Stadium is too big for them - unless we visited or they drew a big club in one of the cups it’d be half empty practically every game. They should be glad UWE fell through. It would be a desert of empty seats.

• Like 1

For those of you who keep dismissing all the stories of woe emanating from within our that give grave cause for concern, below is a statement from the person(s) involved in fencegate. Let’s try and not let a story get in the way of actual true facts please find below this statement, cue Lord Justice Gashead and his merry band of rose tinters to try and dissect FTG :

I will try and explain what has gone on in a sensible way without apportioning blame on any individual or company
In February The landscape company was instructed by brick to cut back hedgerows and excessive growth around the perimeter of training ground.about half way through the clearance the club realised there was no way of securing the site from vehicle and caravan access without a fence being erected
IT WENT to tender and I understand J & G were successful
Work was completed
No payment was received until July which was 3k out of £40 k plus since then there have been several more payments of 3k after a long gap and several emails J& G went legal they received another 2k this week
They also excavated the ditch that runs the entire length of the site
I have finally spoken up as I am fed up of companies who worked this site and did a good job being blamed
If you enter the site you will also see 2 huge roller shutter doors on the original agricultural sheds and new internal wall to house grass cutting machinery
So yes money is owed and steve Brookfield is trying his best to pay it is only my relationship with the club over 15 years of sponsoring all the stands and managers cars that stops me going legal
I am fully behind Daryl but the politics within the club have upset me.
I am sure I will get slaughtered for speaking up but I love this club and things aren’t right.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6887/put-facts-forward#ixzz4xgI9soVp

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

For those of you who keep dismissing all the stories of woe emanating from within our that give grave cause for concern, below is a statement from the person(s) involved in fencegate. Let’s try and not let a story get in the way of actual true facts please find below this statement, cue Lord Justice Gashead and his merry band of rose tinters to try and dissect FTG :

I will try and explain what has gone on in a sensible way without apportioning blame on any individual or company
In February The landscape company was instructed by brick to cut back hedgerows and excessive growth around the perimeter of training ground.about half way through the clearance the club realised there was no way of securing the site from vehicle and caravan access without a fence being erected
Work was completed
No payment was received until July which was 3k out of £40 k plus since then there have been several more payments of 3k after a long gap and several emails J& G went legal they received another 2k this week
I have finally spoken up as I am fed up of companies who worked this site and did a good job being blamed
If you enter the site you will also see 2 huge roller shutter doors on the original agricultural sheds and new internal wall to house grass cutting machinery
So yes money is owed and steve Brookfield is trying his best to pay it is only my relationship with the club over 15 years of sponsoring all the stands and managers cars that stops me going legal
I am sure I will get slaughtered for speaking up but I love this club and things aren’t right.

If this not paying there bills is even remotely true then thats another layer skinned off the fews argument over 82. All that stuff that local suppliers were not paid and went under due to city not being fluid back then. Probably true and nothing to be proud of but many people including myself have in the past been up poo creek paddle-less. If they can not fulfill there debts then they can not use that as a bat against us. But gaslogic will of course dictate otherwise i guess because thats the bloody way that lot are. :10_1_108:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red34 said:

From bradfordmeyerbriggs (http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10985/mem-bod-etc-merged?page=36):

Just deluded...

They think they'd get over 45k crowds in the premier league???!!!!!!! Oh dear, I just spat out my Sauvignon Blanc and laffed loud for (ironically) about 45 seconds! They've never got anywhere near a crowd like that in their history, their record crowd is 38k, which is decent, but that was 57 years ago! The world has changed....they struggle to get 8k or 9k now and they think we are deluded?! As soneone said above, I don't know any City fan who thinks we'd get 45k plus in the Prem....for what it's worth I think we'd average around 24.5k in the Prem....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They think they'd get over 45k crowds in the premier league???!!!!!!! Oh dear, I just spat out my Sauvignon Blanc and laffed loud for (ironically) about 45 seconds! They've never got anywhere near a crowd like that in their history, their record crowd is 38k, which is decent, but that was 57 years ago! The world has changed....they struggle to get 8k or 9k now and they think we are deluded?! As soneone said above, I don't know any City fan who thinks we'd get 45k plus in the Prem....for what it's worth I think we'd average around 24.5k in the Prem....

The expectations of some of their fans is truly mind boggling!  They just don't seem to understand their position at all.  That is that apart from the 1950s they have been a lower division club with just the occasional season or two in the second tier here and there. Somehow they are going to be transformed into one of the top ten clubs in the country leaving us in their wake. Delusional does not begin to describe it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Work was completed

J&G are city fans. 

Surely not relevant. 

3 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

The expectations of some of their fans is truly mind boggling!  They just don't seem to understand their position at all.  That is that apart from the 1950s they have been a lower division club with just the occasional season or two in the second tier here and there. Somehow they are going to be transformed into one of the top ten clubs in the country leaving us in their wake. Delusional does not begin to describe it!

And their gobby irritants seem to have piped down about being either 'the 6th richest club in England' or 'the second richest club after Man City...'

Meanwhile, we have kept our heads down, built a Prem-ready stadium and have slowly built a squad that can at least compete in the second tier....stuff they can only dream of....yet they boast of being 'Championship ready' when their stadium, squad and fan base are clearly miles away from being anywhere near that level....still, it makes me laugh, often when I need it most!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And their gobby irritants seem to have piped down about being either 'the 6th richest club in England' or 'the second richest club after Man City...'

Meanwhile, we have kept our heads down, built a Prem-ready stadium and have slowly built a squad that can at least compete in the second tier....stuff they can only dream of....yet they boast of being 'Championship ready' when their stadium, squad and fan base are clearly miles away from being anywhere near that level....still, it makes me laugh, often when I need it most!

From their League One existence I'm not sure they have any idea how far away they are from coping in the Championship. 

It's now a huge step up. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, we should be grateful for that last point 

:rofl2br:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

From their League One existence I'm not sure they have any idea how far away they are from coping in the Championship. 

It's now a huge step up. 

Darrell Clarke recently pointed out that there is not a great deal of difference between top half of League Two and mid table League One, whereas the gulf between League One and Championship is far greater.  I think that our more level headed fans are aware of this too.

• Like 4