IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Darrell Clarke recently pointed out that there is not a great deal of difference between top half of League Two and mid table League One, whereas the gulf between League One and Championship is far greater.  I think that our more level headed fans are aware of this too.

I heard that too. 

But I also read your forum. Nothing wrong with being aspirational, but it's stupid money to keep your heads above water now. There aren't many Burtons about. 

All joking aside, if the average gashead were to spend a couple of hours in and around Ashton Gate you'd realise quickly where you're at. 

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

From their League One existence I'm not sure they have any idea how far away they are from coping in the Championship. 

It's now a huge step up. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I heard that too. 

But I also read your forum. Nothing wrong with being aspirational, but it's stupid money to keep your heads above water now. There aren't many Burtons about. 

Just to emphasise the point, our last 4 home games (including Palace) 86240 fans, their last 4 home games (not counting the no one cares trophy) 36667 . Two of those games had gates "swollen" by good away support from Plymouth and Oxford respectively.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Darrell Clarke recently pointed out that there is not a great deal of difference between top half of League Two and mid table League One, whereas the gulf between League One and Championship is far greater.  I think that our more level headed fans are aware of this too.

Did he say that before or after Notts County dumped you out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Didn't he say that in the build up to the Notts County game, Netty? That's the football manager equivalent of sticking a book down your trousers to prepare from any pain which may follow.

• Haha 2

So, apparently J&G have taken legal action, and there are more companies about to do the same, brilliant..

Well it seems the club aren’t very quick to pay their debts as if you read between the lines on the OP you will see that J&G have gone legal and others that have worked the site are also yet to be paid , which either means all the contractors have not done their job correctly or the club have instructed various companies to carry out the work without having any intention of paying them or at the very least hang it out for time to pay as they haven’t got the money . My money is on the latter as other debts have come to light such as Avon and Somerset constabulary had to threaten action for last seasons Old bill bill and I’ve also heard that the hosts(ess’s) have been given their p45’s even though they haven’t been paid for 3 months.
People need to start pulling their heads out of the sand pretty sharpish .

Westcountry Gas has the right idea, we get abuse from the sags for 'complaining' about our club but that's what stops us from being a shower of sh** like them..

I made my feelings clear on here 12 months ago and was lynched, but then i put up with the same for being one of the first to call for Buckle, McGhee & Ward to go. Some of the comments on GasChat are an utter embarrassment, we deserve the club we've got when the majority are happy to accept total s***e.  

Edited by Tammys Scan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yep, I know a few of your level headed fans, realistic guys n gals who know where you are....must be embarrassing though to see You Tube vids from your fans like that guy and his drunk dad on the day Wael took over, they were crowing that you were now one of the richest clubs in England, you were gonna take over City and use Ashton Gate as a ground for your youth team, you were gonna overtake us within two years etc etc etc.

Your stadium, squad and fan base are nowhere near 'Championship ready' despite your club boasting about a new canopy over the hospitality entrance, new carpets, blinds, sprinklers etc etc....surely you can see why stuff like that makes us grin when we are sitting in a mostly new £45m stadium....and your new wheelchair viewing area is just astonishingly horrendous. 

I'm not having a go for the sake of it...my dear old Dad and Grandad were dyed in the wool gasheads...loyal and committed, yet I still think they would be cringing at what is happening now and still more about the ridiculous claims of some of your fans....but I'm probably preaching to the converted because you seem like a more level-headed gashead...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Just watching the FA Cup draw for the second round. Anyone know which number is the 15ers?

They would’ve drawn Oxford City, and the inevitable defeat would’ve been worse than throwing away a two-goal lead against a League Two side.

28 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The few I have come across just look at Sheff United and say "that could be us "  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The few I have come across just look at Sheff United and say "that could be us "  

They both sing a song about a bird (Annie, Irene) who has obviously been around the block a few times and (Blades, Pirates) have a disturbingly Freudian fixation with swords.

21 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-bristol-rovers-boss-reveals-734228

They cadge off everyone. Also look at the comments, they can see it coming..

I am sure that was common knowledge at the time HC, I thought it was Holloway that he bought?

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Comedy gold.

Even a 20,000 Stadium is too big for them - unless we visited or they drew a big club in one of the cups it’d be half empty practically every game. They should be glad UWE fell through. It would be a desert of empty seats.

Not true. If they got to the Premiership and Man U were coming.... there must be 18000 man u fans in the West country.... ?!?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They think they'd get over 45k crowds in the premier league???!!!!!!! Oh dear, I just spat out my Sauvignon Blanc and laffed loud for (ironically) about 45 seconds! They've never got anywhere near a crowd like that in their history, their record crowd is 38k, which is decent, but that was 57 years ago! The world has changed....they struggle to get 8k or 9k now and they think we are deluded?! As soneone said above, I don't know any City fan who thinks we'd get 45k plus in the Prem....for what it's worth I think we'd average around 24.5k in the Prem....

Shame on you BS4 for drinking such common muck, I'm on the chateau du pape blackthorn 2017 tonight :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

They would’ve drawn Oxford City, and the inevitable defeat would’ve been worse than throwing away a two-goal lead against a League Two side.

Stole my thunder @WessexPest, if they'd just stayed in, they would've gone out to non league opposition.....again!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They think they'd get over 45k crowds in the premier league???!!!!!!! Oh dear, I just spat out my Sauvignon Blanc and laffed loud for (ironically) about 45 seconds! They've never got anywhere near a crowd like that in their history, their record crowd is 38k, which is decent, but that was 57 years ago! The world has changed....they struggle to get 8k or 9k now and they think we are deluded?! As soneone said above, I don't know any City fan who thinks we'd get 45k plus in the Prem....for what it's worth I think we'd average around 24.5k in the Prem....

They've not managed an average home gate of more than 9,000 since the 1970s.

So 40 years and counting since anyone gave a toss about watching them in significant numbers. Pathetic. Shitehouse. The Blue Few indeed.

Go Wally Al-Khazi, do your worst.

One Team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Which counts for about 1/2% of your fanbase . In other words or shall I say gaslogic about 250,000 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure that was common knowledge at the time HC, I thought it was Holloway that he bought?

It was common knowledge, it was also common knowledge that Francis (and some of the board) more than got his money back with the sale of Nigel Martin, he’s conveniently forgotten to mention that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrys said:

It was common knowledge, it was also common knowledge that Francis (and some of the board) more than got his money back with the sale of Nigel Martin, he’s conveniently forgotten to mention that

Good point. I believe he  was also one of the first people in English football to hide his earnings by registering himself as a company, Bristol Rovers employed Gerry Francis Ltd who supplied a Manager, this is common practice now.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

we'd only get 45k in the prem if we'd won it in the 8 out of the last 10 years and had a ground big enough,

if/when we get there we'd get 33k (providing the atyeo was redeveloped for the big games but avg about 24 - 28k  

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I know a few of your level headed fans, realistic guys n gals who know where you are....must be embarrassing though to see You Tube vids from your fans like that guy and his drunk dad on the day Wael took over, they were crowing that you were now one of the richest clubs in England, you were gonna take over City and use Ashton Gate as a ground for your youth team, you were gonna overtake us within two years etc etc etc.

Your stadium, squad and fan base are nowhere near 'Championship ready' despite your club boasting about a new canopy over the hospitality entrance, new carpets, blinds, sprinklers etc etc....surely you can see why stuff like that makes us grin when we are sitting in a mostly new £45m stadium....and your new wheelchair viewing area is just astonishingly horrendous. 

I'm not having a go for the sake of it...my dear old Dad and Grandad were dyed in the wool gasheads...loyal and committed, yet I still think they would be cringing at what is happening now and still more about the ridiculous claims of some of your fans....but I'm probably preaching to the converted because you seem like a more level-headed gashead...

It is embarrassing that some fans still talk of them as billionaires who own a bank.  In fairness, I'm not aware of any of this coming from what the family said at the time of the takeover, just hype from the likes of the EP with their story about Wael's watch and some people are stupid enough to suck it up as gospel.

Our stadium isn't really League One ready - some of the away grounds we've visited are proof of that.  Things appear to have been reined in recently, I've no idea why - maybe because money is not flowing as easily as it was previously in some Middle Eastern countries?  Rovers is not their main business, and I guess that puts us down the pecking order in their portfolio with regard to financing if things are getting tough elsewhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It is embarrassing that some fans still talk of them as billionaires who own a bank.  In fairness, I'm not aware of any of this coming from what the family said at the time of the takeover, just hype from the likes of the EP with their story about Wael's watch and some people are stupid enough to suck it up as gospel.

Our stadium isn't really League One ready - some of the away grounds we've visited are proof of that.  Things appear to have been reined in recently, I've no idea why - maybe because money is not flowing as easily as it was previously in some Middle Eastern countries?  Rovers is not their main business, and I guess that puts us down the pecking order in their portfolio with regard to financing if things are getting tough elsewhere.

Boston University soccer team more important to the chief now?

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

It sounds like you are still kidding yourself, somewhat. 

You have arguably THE worst, if not then certainly one of the worst grounds in the football league. Understandable, seeing as you were non league only 2 years ago..! 

Money hasn’t been “reigned in” it’s been non existent since their take over. 

Finiancial climates in the Middle East have nothing to do with their lack of input and everything to do with being lumbered with a club that has no longer has any prospect of a new stadium, very little by way of facility or infrastructure, a low level support base (historically & currently) a squad with very little value or player asset and, overall, a club that is losing money hand over fist on a monthly basis, with absolutely no strategy of rectifying the situation, let alone progressing. 

Would you be ploughing money into a failing business, with no business plan, no assets and very little stock..?

Not to mention the local competition, which is thriving and able to attract the vast majority of local support and financial backing.

It would be like taking over the delapidated local corner shop, after Waitrose have just opened a new mega store next door..! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You have arguably THE worst, if not then certainly one of the worst grounds in the football league. Understandable, seeing as you were non league only 2 years ago..! 

Finiancial climates in the Middle East have nothing to do with their lack of input and everything to do with being lumbered with a club that has no longer has any prospect of a new stadium, very little by way of facility or infrastructure, a low level support base (historically & currently) a squad with very little value or player asset and, overall, a club that is losing money hand over fist on a monthly basis, with absolutely no strategy of rectifying the situation, let alone progressing. 

Would you be ploughing money into a failing business, with no business plan, no assets and very little stock..?

Not to mention the local competition, which is thriving and able to attract the vast majority of local support and financial backing.

It would be like taking over the delapidated local corner shop, after Waitrose have just opened a new mega store next door..! 

You’re forgetting it’s all about evolution!  Their fans don’t want instant success apparently, they are happy to slowly evolve.  Unfortunately for them they are evolving slower than life on earth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You’re forgetting it’s all about evolution!  Their fans don’t want instant success apparently, they are happy to slowly evolve.  Unfortunately for them they are evolving slower than life on earth!

Evolution is pretty much how we/SL have gone about things here. 

Not really very possible when you are likely to be in administration within a year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

investment bankers mate, 

Higgs has played a blinder,

Sold the club with a new ground on the way with a court case that's in the bag because of a watertight contract,

the 30% bankers comes in see this , see they have to put minimal effort in to build a new ground as uwe and the mem would pay for it so they have to put little money in,

once its all done, the club is more attractive and can be sold for a profit, they get their return and then some,

What's happened is, they've lost the court case, can't find outside investment to build the ground, put the charge in to protect their money

Starved off investment and once the winding up orders start coming in, they walk away with the colony and the mem two prime pieces of land for development where they can get their return

Meanwhile rovers will ether go bust and out of exsistance or do a hereford

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1