IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, harrys said:

It was common knowledge, it was also common knowledge that Francis (and some of the board) more than got his money back with the sale of Nigel Martin, he’s conveniently forgotten to mention that

Didn’t Francis get a percentage of the transfer fees for each player sold. (This was in the days when their players could be sold for folding money)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You’re forgetting it’s all about evolution!  Their fans don’t want instant success apparently, they are happy to slowly evolve.  Unfortunately for them they are evolving slower than life on earth!

Well, yes...that's what they're saying NOW.

That wasn't the case when the Al Qs took over. They let their true colours show on Gaschat talking about waving handfuls of fivers at Morecombe fans to show how rich they were :blink:, outspending Lansdown, 6th richest club in the country, 'mind the cash', "a new era is comin SHITHEADS" etc.

They really, really don't help themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That wasn't the case when the Al Qs took over. They let their true colours show on Gaschat talking about waving handfuls of fivers at Morecombe fans to show how rich they were :blink:, outspending Lansdown, 6th richest club in the country, 'mind the cash', "a new era is comin SHITHEADS" etc.

It really is like a comedy sketch show.

Since the AQs took over and they've been unbearably cocky about "we're getting a brand new stadium, you're just redeveloping your rubbish ground" etc., more so than they've usually been.

UWE being cancelled and the fun we've had since - any other team you might feel sorry for them, but with the stuff they come out with (and how they acted in 82) I honestly can't think of a team that deserves it more...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yer tis, in all it's deluded glory, if anyone fancies a chuckle...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5974/confirmed-al-qadi-family-takeover

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It sounds like you are still kidding yourself, somewhat. 

You have arguably THE worst, if not then certainly one of the worst grounds in the football league. Understandable, seeing as you were non league only 2 years ago..! 

Money hasn’t been “reigned in” it’s been non existent since their take over. 

Finiancial climates in the Middle East have nothing to do with their lack of input and everything to do with being lumbered with a club that has no longer has any prospect of a new stadium, very little by way of facility or infrastructure, a low level support base (historically & currently) a squad with very little value or player asset and, overall, a club that is losing money hand over fist on a monthly basis, with absolutely no strategy of rectifying the situation, let alone progressing. 

Would you be ploughing money into a failing business, with no business plan, no assets and very little stock..?

Not to mention the local competition, which is thriving and able to attract the vast majority of local support and financial backing.

It would be like taking over the delapidated local corner shop, after Waitrose have just opened a new mega store next door..! 

Apart from that everything’s alright :laughcont:

• Haha 2

@glynriley thankyou :thumbsup:

@gasheadgaz said:

Just had a quick look on otib, bitter much? Not a happy bunch.

@Briz Red

I can't see any bitter or unhappy posts on OTIB.....
We're just very happy to have a ridiculously rich, Bristolian owner

@Rovers Drive

Who has bought you nothing but success for all the hundreds of millions he's ploughed in.
#mindthegap

@nobbygas

To be fair, nothing can match your very own Comedy Club  :D

@Briz Red

You are right. I can't believe
But, if you don't get instant results and success from today's news I'd wager there will be simmerings of discontent on here too...
Mr Lansdown gets criticised so much. He can't have done much more for our club. Some managerial appointments have been disastrous but the guy has put his heart, soul and wallet into the club. He doesn't deserve the slagging.

@mariobalotelli
Billionaire owner, yet yo-yo between the Championship and League One.
Could be a important message for us, but as proven by you lot, all the money in the world doesn't guarantee success.
We've been
Ragass Rovers forever but now we finally have a chance of moving forward as a club. I think that scares a lot of City fans as you probably haven't progressed as well as you thought you would with your billions.

Edited by Tammys Scan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yer tis, in all it's deluded glory, if anyone fancies a chuckle...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5974/confirmed-al-qadi-family-takeover

Nice on Glyn, this is a belter....

'

I like the fact that we could be on similar footings and this will hopefully lead to closer league positions. Then the colour in the shape of rivalry will once again be a daily occurrence as it used to be. A future local derby with 35,000? Mouth watering. I really hope future generations of Bristolian's will not have to leave their city to see top flight football.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think Eddie might have posted a link to it before, but was taking a look at the planning application to change those 2 constraints when they bought the Colony:

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OCS0FUOKG6G00

Firstly - in the constraints tab it seems to mention a lot about flooding.  Anyone who understands the planning stuff know if that means it's likely to flood often?!

Secondly - the documents tab is fun - as well as the first document highlighting the amount of constraints they have to meet, the letters below it from those in favour are funny:

I believe this will be beneficial for the club in the long term by putting bristol on the map in the footballing world and introducing a new city to the premier league

Also one who reckons anyone disagreeing with the development should be look at with suspicion "as they might have ulterior motives" - they really are paranoid...

What I love most is the very slow drip feed of former mugs suddenly realising the truth but the more deluded mugs still finding more and more obscure excuses for this present round of revelations, like 'maybe the work was inferior' (it's for Bristol Rovers FFS of course it's ******* inferior) and my favourite a gashead who went online to check the price of fencing per metre and claiming that they were being ripped off.

From this day forward us Ted's should make sure that the gas state of the art training facility being known as the leper colony.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Love this quote by Mario Balotelli (you've got to be a bit of a dick to call yourself that, right?)

"Strange that. He gets slagged off every week on your forum.
Hopefully we can use our money a lot better than yours has, eh? "

Yep, SL has pissed his money up the wall by building a £45M stadium, and a team challenging at the top of the championship, whilst Wael of fortune.........

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5974/confirmed-al-qadi-family-takeover?page=9

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It sounds like you are still kidding yourself, somewhat. 

You have arguably THE worst, if not then certainly one of the worst grounds in the football league. Understandable, seeing as you were non league only 2 years ago..! 

Money hasn’t been “reigned in” it’s been non existent since their take over. 

Finiancial climates in the Middle East have nothing to do with their lack of input and everything to do with being lumbered with a club that has no longer has any prospect of a new stadium, very little by way of facility or infrastructure, a low level support base (historically & currently) a squad with very little value or player asset and, overall, a club that is losing money hand over fist on a monthly basis, with absolutely no strategy of rectifying the situation, let alone progressing. 

Would you be ploughing money into a failing business, with no business plan, no assets and very little stock..?

Not to mention the local competition, which is thriving and able to attract the vast majority of local support and financial backing.

It would be like taking over the delapidated local corner shop, after Waitrose have just opened a new mega store next door..! 

I bow to your superior knowledge of the financial transactions within the club, unfortunately I don't have access to such information until the official accounts are published. 

I genuinely think they will get sold again to someone else.

When that happens the same assortment of Gas belters, whoppers and numbskulls will be back on Social Media shouting about how rich they are, outspending Lansdown, “Shitheads, we’re comin fer you” etc. because they never learn.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

When that happens the same assortment of Gas belters, whoppers and numbskulls will be back on Social Media shouting about how rich they are, outspending Lansdown, “Shitheads, we’re comin fer you” etc. because they never learn.

Question is, who the **** would want to buy that shower?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Actually I can think of the Perfect owner for them, sadly he is currently pretending to be President of the United states...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

And poor old Nobbygas must be crying himself to sleep at night after this classic...

"Plus, we will get to own our own ground, and not rent it from Bristol Sport.

Happy days. "

Sadly poor old knobhead gas got everything totally wrong in his post.

1). Own the stadium.

2). You were going to rent the land from UWE, so still tenants, however in his defence tents are very easy to move quickly to find the next site after the next eviction.

3). Happy days, my arse!.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

I bow to your superior knowledge of the financial transactions within the club, unfortunately I don't have access to such information until the official accounts are published. 

It’s that kind of stubbornness that is seeing your club go down the plug hole, with little or no reaction from the supporters..!

Surely you can see that no money is being spent. The ground “improvements” are basically DIY bodge jobs, your net outlay on players is pretty much Zero. You no longer own your ground, because it’s “mortgaged” against Wally’s initial investment and the only person making any profit within the club is Wally, via his interest payments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s that kind of stubbornness that is seeing your club go down the plug hole, with little or no reaction from the supporters..!

Surely you can see that no money is being spent. The ground “improvements” are basically DIY bodge jobs, your net outlay on players is pretty much Zero. You no longer own your ground, because it’s “mortgaged” against Wally’s initial investment and the only person making any profit within the club is Wally, via his interest payments. 

thats paid for by the fans not the club

• Like 1

Some absolute belters......

IMG_3473.PNG

He isn't wrong. Looks like UWE will have a Cat 2 academy before the evolving Sags!

IMG_3474.PNG

It then climbed to 6th....Not like Sags to exaggerate things is it?

IMG_3475.PNG

Arthur Daley Hamer.....The Pompey fan warned the deluded ones...

IMG_3476.PNG

Yes, it's an "Evolving" one.

IMG_3477.PNG

This may happen very soon!

IMG_3478.PNG

Even the betting companies are well aware of how deluded Sags are!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What I love most is the very slow drip feed of former mugs suddenly realising the truth but the more deluded mugs still finding more and more obscure excuses for this present round of revelations, like 'maybe the work was inferior' (it's for Bristol Rovers FFS of course it's ******* inferior) and my favourite a gashead who went online to check the price of fencing per metre and claiming that they were being ripped off.

From this day forward us Ted's should make sure that the gas state of the art training facility being known as the leper colony.

Hahahaha ! :rofl2br: