IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, citysimmo said:

My boy used to play there for Coalpit Heath and it was a nightmare for flooding. As soon as there was any sort of rain at least two of the pitches would be unplayable

So the sags will be right at home there then. They're used to kick and rush on a bog.

1 hour ago, red'tili'mdead said:

I'm fairly certain they have had it chaps.

From the latest noises emanating from Chernobyl,  it appears to be a fire sale and if a buyer cannot be found very quickly then all subsequent options will v bad news for the Blue Few.

I genuinely believe that within 12-24 months they will end up 'back where they belong' - ground sharing with Bath City in L2.

Obv we are going to laugh long and hard in the short term, but celebrating the financial demise of any football club (even them!) leaves a bit of a nasty taste. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting we give them any 'help' (we all remember '82 etc) but should we really 'gloat' if / when the brown stuff finally hits the fan.......

er - yes!

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This 'ole Mem

Coming to a record shop near you.

Saw an eyeball peep in through a smoky cloud behind the green door (Green door)
When I said Joe sent me some one laughed out loud behind the green door (Ooh, green door)
All I want to do is join the happy crowd behind the green door (Green door)

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The thing is nobody ever goes under as in disappeared and gone.  Accrington Stanley, Bradford Park Avenue, Aldershot all still going.

So even if they imploded financially with a massive "whump": ground seized, players released from contracts, Santa's Grotto auctioned off to the highest bidder, Sinclair reclaiming his begging patch etc. then with their crowds they would get a berth in something like the Southern League Premier Division or only two leagues below where they were a couple of years' ago.  All they need to do is rally behind a reformed club founded by the Supporters Club; put some financial guarnatees in place, recruit some semi-pro players and they're off again.

There is no "end" for clubs as long as they have supporters.

The precedents are that new clubs now tend to start no higher than the equivalent of Western League Premier. Recently, that’s where reformed Aldershot, Hereford and Salisbury restarted (probably a few more but that’ll do for an example). It causes problems with away attendances but usually only for one season, if you are the best funded by miles you tend to get promoted. 

In one respect I like the way it spreads the money around, every other team in that league gets a bumper home gate. I know in Hereford’s season in the Midland League the attendance for their game at a club was invariably more than the rest of the season’s home gates combined. In other respects it’s daft, clubs with home gates of 100 usually can’t cope with (say) 500 visiting supporters (and since most games are local that can easily happen). Throw in a bit of bad behaviour from the visitors and it’s a bad recipe.

Should the implosion happen I think relocation to Twerton is very likely, followed by rapid amalgamation of the clubs should the EFL be content for Bath City to take over the sags’s EFL persona.

Edited by Bianconeri
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

The precedents are that new clubs now tend to start no higher than the equivalent of Western League Premier. Recently, that’s where reformed Aldershot, Hereford and Salisbury restarted (probably a few more but that’ll do for an example). It causes problems with away attendances but usually only for one season, if you are the best funded by miles you tend to get promoted. 

In one respect I like the way it spreads the money around, every other team in that league gets a bumper home gate. I know in Hereford’s season in the Midland League the attendance for their game at a club was invariably more than the rest of the season’s home gates combined. In other respects it’s daft, clubs with home gates of 100 usually can’t cope with (say) 500 visiting supporters (and since most games are local that can easily happen). Throw in a bit of bad behaviour from the visitors and it’s a bad recipe.

Should the implosion happen I think relocation to Twerton is very likely, followed by rapid amalgamation of the clubs should the EFL be content for Bath City to take over the sags’s EFL persona.

Oh no does that mean those pikeys might be coming to Wellington next season? :shutup: :gasmask: @Andy Horsman

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Being in Gloucestershire they may have to apply for the Hellenic League 

Hellenic Premier fits the bill, level 9, but as a Bath-based team I suppose it would be Western Premier. We can hope they end up ground squatting in somewhere like Aberdeen I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Hellenic Premier fits the bill, level 9, but as a Bath-based team I suppose it would be Western Premier. We can hope they end up ground squatting in somewhere like Aberdeen I suppose.

Hah! In the Highland League with Brora Rangers, Fort WIlliam and WIck Academy, see how many they take away then :) . 

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

4000 obviously.

I remember reading an interview with someone associated with the Wick Academy where they said that they were struggling with attendances due to the travelling distances involved, especially as they had lost their only local derby with the rise of Inverness Caledonian Thistle. It's 110 miles and 2 1/4hr drive to Inverness...... that's some "local" derby. :) 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember reading an interview with someone associated with the Wick Academy where they said that they were struggling with attendances due to the travelling distances involved, especially as they had lost their only local derby with the rise of Inverness Caledonian Thistle. It's 110 miles and 2 1/4hr drive to Inverness...... that's some "local" derby. :) 

Truro must be in that world of pain too. I think their ‘derby’ this season is with WSM, must be a 300 mile round trip.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, red'tili'mdead said:

From the latest noises emanating from Chernobyl,  it appears to be a fire sale and if a buyer cannot be found very quickly then all subsequent options will v bad news for the Blue Few.

I genuinely believe that within 12-24 months they will end up 'back where they belong' - ground sharing with Bath City in L2.

Obv we are going to laugh long and hard in the short term, but celebrating the financial demise of any football club (even them!) leaves a bit of a nasty taste. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting we give them any 'help' (we all remember '82 etc) but should we really 'gloat' if / when the brown stuff finally hits the fan.......

Yeah ****** right we should. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Truro must be in that world of pain too. I think their ‘derby’ this season is with WSM, must be a 300 mile round trip.

I know a fan who told me that their combined distance of all away games (and he goes to pretty much all of them) would actually be lower in Conference North than their current in Conference South; with all those trips to Kent, London and East Anglia.

• Haha 1

Will be another Hereford Utd!

reform as Bristol Rovers 2018 ltd and have to work their way up the football pyramid. In the meantime we capture any new local young fans and move forward as a Premier league club, ground expansion with regular 35k crowds and attractive fixtures across Europe - Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris etc.....

The vision!!!

Edited by INCRED
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Will be another Hereford Utd!

reform as Bristol Rovers 2018 ltd and have to work their way up the football pyramid. In the meantime we capture any new local young fans and move forward as a Premier league club, ground expansion with regular 35k crowds and attractive fixtures across Europe - Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris etc.....

The vision!!!

That was a deeply arousing sentence. We can dream!

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Perhaps they will reform and merge with Bath as Bristol & Bath Dons or something. Then they could steal Twerton and ditch the Bath name.

I'm sure it's crossed wally's mind to do that now he knows a new stadium isn't possible and he sitting on a gold mine in terms of housing development on the mem land.

6 hours ago, red'tili'mdead said:

YES.

Actually its, Oh Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following the last few weeks on here full of threads containing rumours/facts, I decided to email our Chairman last night.

No doubt he would have been at Geoff Dunfords funeral today but replied to my email late this afternoon.

Please see the email below and please don't shoot me I'm only a messenger and have named my source!

A Concerned Gashead.

Wed 08/11/2017 1656.

Good Afternoon David,

I appreciate your concern and in your email you highlight the reason, unsubstantiated rumours, on an internet related BRFC forum. Football clubs up and down the country are always subject to unfounded damaging leaks from either disgruntled people betraying their positions of trust whilst working within the Club and those, who might have left and wish to leave their dissatisfied mark!

I can assure you that the owners have no intention of relinquishing ownership and the steady rebuilding of the Club continues on and off the field. What we all wish for, is the team to find some more consistency on the field, which would make all of us a lot happier!

Kind regards

Steve Hamer
Chairman

Bristol Rovers Football Club

The same man who said landing lights on 

stadium will be built 

DC  to have a top six budget 

Taylor will not be sold for less than them million

the list goes on 

• Haha 1