IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Ideally the crowd would be zero.  One day we’ll end up back in that competition and the same people taking the piss will ask why those teams, and their supporters, didn’t have the guts to do something about it now.  I do wonder if some people enjoy taking the piss out of the Gas more than they enjoy football.

Hopefully, not inmy lifetime.

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I only live about 2 miles from the mem. Should've gone tonight for a fiver. Even more of a laugh than following it on OTIB. in the Swindle corner of course.  Cummon, how much entertainment for a fiver.

Slagchat in meltdown yet again thinking that L2 is beckoning for next season.

They are now s**t scared of what Scunny will do to them on Saturday.

Don't taint yourself my lovely mock from afar 

Edited by Bs11lad
  • Haha 1

Rumred, I get your position, but withour this competition, I would have had a boring evening in front of the box instead of the dustbin thread comedy I have been treated to.  It is an embarassment to British football I know, but so are that team of numpties in yhe other quarter of the city (not really half of the city any more).  More of an embarassment to Bristol football.

Just wish I realised it was a fiver and thought to become a Swindle supporter for one day only.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Rumred is spot on. I don't know how others feel but the integrity of sport is more important to me than a cheap laugh at the blue few. Well done to their fans that boycotted the game. If this competition is a success then we could well be playing Stoke City B in a league game one day. This is what they are planning and it needs to be stopped.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Rumred is spot on. I don't know how others feel but the integrity of sport is more important to me than a cheap laugh at the blue few. Well done to their fans that boycotted the game. If this competition is a success then we could well be playing Stoke City B in a league game one day. This is what they are planning and it needs to be stopped.

We beat their A team (or most of it). I don't worry too much about beating their B team.  Look at the B team we put out against Watford.

Get your point though. This competition is a joke.  Just make it a L1 and L2 competitiin like it was.

The Carebo Cup is heading in a similar direction though.

Value of the Mem?  I understand that an arcre amounts to around 15 building plots, so assuming it is around 2 acres, it can't be worth more than £8m even before development costs.  I'm not sure what it would be worth for commercial property, but if a loan of £10m has been secured on it, what kind of valuation makes it worth that?

Deduct the cost of building 30 houses on it at say 150k per house, that reduces the land value to circa £4m.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Value of the Mem?  I understand that an arcre amounts to around 15 building plots, so assuming it is around 2 acres, it can't be worth more than £8m even before development costs.  I'm not sure what it would be worth for commercial property, but if a loan of £10m has been secured on it, what kind of valuation makes it worth that?

Deduct the cost of building 30 houses on it at say 150k per house, that reduces the land value to circa £4m.

I would guess for residential development it would be £30k a plot so if you're correct with the sizing then 2 x 15 x £30k = £9m if selling to a developer so the £10m is about right IMO with another £1m for the white plastic chair mountain.

• Haha 1

Think when they've been sizing it up for their super, mega-sized stadium (the one that has to be bigger than the Gate or they're not interested) they've been estimating about 4 acres. 

Weren't Sainsburys going to pay £18m, which everyone realised was well over the top?

Most recent estimates I've heard are about £12m at most.

Your rough calculations are very close I'd imagine, just add in the infrastructure costs such as internal roads and working on a site with such poor access

• Like 1

As for the Checkatrade, I admit I don't care what their attendance was and agree about devaluing the cup as I see it as "ours" given we've won it the most times (think at 3 we should have been given it for good!) 

But the result is definitely worth the hilarity - particularly that some on there are using the dislike for the Prem U21 changes as a reason why losing was ok.

It doesn't matter that it's a crap tournament now - you still put out one of your strongest side against a 4th division club (with 7 changes who played with 10 men for a large part) and lost! 

Even their manager admits something is wrong, and fair play to some of them realising they're screwed and that DC isn't probably the main cause, but money. 

They're even using us sticking with LJ as an example which might not go down well with the more rabid red haters!

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

That’s the point! People hate the competition and are letting people know it.

They should be applauded for that (not the result, that was hilarious) but can’t people get it into their heads that the low crowds are intentional?

It really isn’t difficult to understand.

Apologies if I’m coming across as a Gas sympathiser but if we take the piss out of the 1% where they don’t deserve it then it undervalues the 99% when they do.

They’d all turn up at Wembley though if they got there. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Don’t ever forget Wally lording it up on Football Focus last season

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

Why didn’t you buy Bristol City ? !! 

Because , he couldn’t afford to was the correct answer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And that's why we have so many flats - build up and you can build more. I can imagine on a plot of land that already has a stadium you would build up to at least the same height. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

DC looks a broken man.

Team not playing for him? 

How many bad apples in changing rooms?

not many clubs will want him now should have left when had chance 

he'll get another job and deserves one to be honest, he's a good manager done wonders on a conference south budget, 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CiderJar said:

These are becoming classics in their own right "We're so inconsistent, at times" ....so sometimes they are consistent and at least they are not consistently inconsistent

Countdown (yes, I was careful to spell it correctly) with Dopey: "Going to Scunthorpe at the best of times is difficult; after our recent run, going there on Sat'day is gonna be difficulter".

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Rovers took 40,000 fans to a conference final? EHHH?? They are literally like the North Korea of football. 

It is not like them to exaggerate as we already know.....It's only Teds who are delusional and think they are a massive club remember?!

• Haha 1