IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

one of the deluded who use to post here wrote,

Its hard not to notice that both marcus and now dc have hinted at issues behind the scenes at the club.
Dc also pointed out in his interview that players would have to leave before he can bring new faces in.
Difficult times it seems?

• Like 1

Wonder is this is true as well,

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm
Post Options

Post by gasincider on Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm

holmes Avatar
gasincider Avatar
Wonder if the players have been paid?

With a little outside help they were apparently as were the staff.

So I understand 

PFA Helping out with the wages at the gas?

• Haha 1

From our favourite bullshitting friend

"They way some fans go after DC has all the hallmarks of they way our 6 fingered friends went after little Lee after a few bad results last year..... look at him now !. Also was told last night that he is on Sunderland's list of replacements....

I hope he goes because i can see him getting them promoted and that would be a very bad thing for Bristol Rovers.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If I was a betting man, I'd bet they'll stick with him through the transfer window but give him nothing in the way of spending money. If the financial issues are true then they'll never sack him as that would involve a pretty hefty pay off so they'll be looking for him to walk.

I wonder how many clubs will be willing to pay a managers 5 years contract out - I really hope he has some one year compensation option or he has probably signed himself out of a move.

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Wonder is this is true as well,

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm
Post Options

Post by gasincider on Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm

holmes Avatar
gasincider Avatar
Wonder if the players have been paid?

With a little outside help they were apparently as were the staff.

So I understand 

PFA Helping out with the wages at the gas?

He has been pretty much hounded and abused for that thread. They claim he knows nothing, is lieing, guessing  etc which is all semantics as he obviously knew something had happened but was not 100% sure what, and asked whether anyone else had heard anything, when someone said yes he said he thought so, and has been hounded in the thread ever since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

I wonder how many clubs will be willing to pay a managers 5 years contract out - I really hope he has some one year compensation option or he has probably signed himself out of a move.

He has been pretty much hounded and abused for that thread. They claim he knows nothing, is lieing, guessing  etc which is all semantics as he obviously knew something had happened but was not 100% sure what, and asked whether anyone else had heard anything, when someone said yes he said he thought so, and has been hounded in the thread ever since.

theres a clause saying he's only due a years wages not all 5, apparently 

3 hours ago, daored said:

Don’t ever forget Wally lording it up on Football Focus last season

Interesting at the start, where he makes it sound like he’s correcting Garth Crooks, when he claimed that he could have bought “ANY premier league club”. By using clever exclamation, he cannily disguised the fact that he was saying he “couldn’t have bought any other club”..!

He lapped it up, thinking it was a ready made club, with a stadium deal already sorted and pretty much funded. Look at all those smiles and jovial quips from him & Dopey. 

All feels a bit different on the prospects front now lads, eh..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just watched the football focus clip , FFS.
Wael really love the limelight doesn't he. Parading around the pitch, shoulder rides down Glouc's road. Plus that little teasing answer to Garth Crooks 'you could have bought any club in the Prem' sneaky little smile and says , not any. Now people would have read that as, maybe not a top side in the Prem, what he meant was literally not ANY club in the Prem !
That is such lazy journalism , not to do the slightest background check, you expect it from the Fawning EP , but really.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

From our favourite bullshitting friend

"They way some fans go after DC has all the hallmarks of they way our 6 fingered friends went after little Lee after a few bad results last year..... look at him now !. Also was told last night that he is on Sunderland's list of replacements....

I’ve been buying the Viz for years and nearly every month they do a spoof ‘Take a Break’ style gossip magazine article.

It always features some fictional, attention seeking bullshitter making outrageous claims about things they’ve got up to with celebrities in private or boasting about inside knowledge they’ve obtained by accident whilst unblocking Brad Pitt’s bog.

Henbury Gas and his computer shop is a bit like a real life version of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just watched the football focus clip , FFS.
Wael really love the limelight doesn't he. Parading around the pitch, shoulder rides down Glouc's road. Plus that little teasing answer to Garth Crooks 'you could have bought any club in the Prem' sneaky little smile and says , not any. Now people would have read that as, maybe not a top side in the Prem, what he meant was literally not ANY club in the Prem !
That is such lazy journalism , not to do the slightest background check, you expect it from the Fawning EP , but really.

I would LOVE IT if the they introduced a “Football Focus Re-visited” feature and went back for more interviews today. 

“So Darrell, these players that you stuck with are out of all the Cups by the 2nd week in November, knocked out of 2 by lower league teams, and your inconsistent league form could land you in a relegation fight if you’ve lost control here. So, not going quite to plan ON the pitch, so, tell me how things are going on the new stadium front...?

oh sorry, I’m hearing I shouldn’t mention that..! 

Ok, so let’s look at other areas of investment that have been made since WAQ came to the club. I’ve got 2 mins left to broadcast, so if you can start with those impressively clean looking carpets over there... and hang on, those curtains weren’t there last time I was here...! 

Oh, Darrell, we are going to have to leave things there. It looks like someone is towing your car away...!”

• Haha 5

That belter BradfordMyerBriggs is up to it again :

Everywhere you go when people ask if you are from Bristol and they ask who you support and you say Rovers they are always sound, but if you say you are a Ted then chances are they won't be very accommodating. Plenty of Gas about but they don't scream and shout about it like the 82ers.

Doesn't seem to realise we don't have to be embarrassed about who we support - we're in a good league and don't have a tent city for a ground... 

And I'd imagine they do pretend to be lovely and accommodating to Gasheads, while quietly motioning to the rest of the staff to bolt everything to the floor... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Doesn't seem to realise we don't have to be embarrassed about who we support - we're in a good league and don't have a tent city for a ground... 

And I'd imagine they do pretend to be lovely and accommodating to Gasheads, while quietly motioning to the rest of the staff to bolt everything to the floor... 

It's pity , the word you're looking for is pity. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Red34 said:

people tend to be nicer and more accommodating to the mentally challenged though, until they are groped, horse is punch or car/bus window is headbutted 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh yeah I find that. Everywhere I go and I say I am a city fan everyone stop talking to me and I am shunned. Meanwhile my gashead brother in law is treated like a king.

I know, it’s such a ridiculous thing they often come out with.

I remember seeing a post where one of them said they went into a shop (cant remember where, somewhere up North) and the staff asked where he was from...he said “Bristol” and they gasped in horror, then he said “no it’s ok...I’m a Gashead” and they breathed a sigh of relief :rofl2br:

******* dumbos. I swear they believe the shit they spout.

What they don’t ever seem to take into account when reciting stories of people they’ve met who apparently hate City is human nature. If I meet a Sheffield Utd fan, I’m likely to just go along with whatever they say about Wednesday...not tell them the truth that I couldn’t give a monkeys toss about either Sheffield club and find both sets of fans as arrogant as each other.

Either that or people just feel sorry for them. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, B block said:

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

1952 was prob the last time their away support was more then ours

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B block said:

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

The year we got promoted as Champions from L1?

We averaged about 1400 away that season. Higher than they’ve ever averaged.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B block said:

I have been quoted the same by Sags I know too. They are totally obsessed with their perceived away following and assume because they are the self confessed faithful and true that their away following has to be bigger than the gurt Teds without the need to check the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve been buying the Viz for years and nearly every month they do a spoof ‘Take a Break’ style gossip magazine article.

It always features some fictional, attention seeking bullshitter making outrageous claims about things they’ve got up to with celebrities in private or boasting about inside knowledge they’ve obtained by accident whilst unblocking Brad Pitt’s bog.

Fictional? How very dare you. Kylie won't be at all happy when she gets back tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Up next;

Who put the **** into Scunthorpe?

Well I'm guessing that Dopey will put 11 of them out there on Saturday dressed in that stupid blue and white quartered clowns outfit.

Best City link I can find is that we sold them legendary horses arse Steve Torpey for what was at the time their record transfer fee of £175,000.

Up front Scunthorpe have ex Reading striker Simon Church and ex Yeovil top scorer Paddy Maddon, so they have goals in the team.

4-0 to the Iron?

Uber for Dopey?

sc.jpg

pm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I have been quoted the same by Sags I know too. They are totally obsessed with their perceived away following and assume because they are the self confessed faithful and true that their away following has to be bigger than the gurt Teds without the need to check the facts.

Mind you, if you've got a home ground like Chernobyl you probably would prefer to go away to proper stadiums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
34 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Up next;

Who put the **** into Scunthorpe?

Well I'm guessing that Dopey will put 11 of them out there on Saturday dressed in that stupid blue and white quartered clowns outfit.

Best City link I can find is that we sold them legendary horses arse Steve Torpey for what was at the time their record transfer fee of £175,000.

Up front Scunthorpe have ex Reading striker Simon Church and ex Yeovil top scorer Paddy Maddon, so they have goals in the team.

4-0 to the Iron?

Uber for Dopey?

sc.jpg

pm.jpg

@myol'man these are almost turning into official match day threads :clap:

• Haha 2

They had more than that locked out from every match.  Kent police had to implement Operation Stack (Google it if you don't know) when they played at Dover

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Am a Viz fan too. My favourite character is Mr. Gas Logic.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, B block said:

Just thought I would bring this over from Malago's Attendances thread. This shows that we are taking almost double their numbers away this season. 

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

I am sure the Gasheads will still argue the point though.

• Like 1