IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Genuine question. How far down the pyramid would they need to go to have the best facilities in the league?

Well, Melksham Town, who play in Level 9 of the pyramid opened a new all-singing all-dancing Stadium last season which is better than the Pisspoorial.

Incidentally, Doomed Darrell will get to see it for himself this weekend as he’s turning out for Melksham against a Man Utd legends XI.

Flapper Phillips and Gas donkeys from days of yore Haldane and Mehew also in the squad.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Well, Melksham Town, who play in Level 9 of the pyramid opened a new all-singing all-dancing Stadium last season which is better than the Pisspoorial.

Incidentally, Doomed Darrell will get to see it for himself this weekend as he’s turning out for Melksham against a Man Utd legends XI.

Flapper Phillips and Gas donkeys from days of yore Haldane and Mehew also in the squad.

The bloke is an absolute belter on Twitter.

Went from declaring Leeds would win the league one week to demanding the manager be sacked a week later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, red panda said:

They had more than that locked out from every match.  Kent police had to implement Operation Stack (Google it if you don't know) when they played at Dover

Didn’t we also have ‘don’t forget how many were in the home end and in the boxes’ when they were challenged about official numbers being at odds with theirs?

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

To be fair to Wael, he did respond: 'Well, not any football club, but....'

OK. Wael's reply was, as you say correctly, self-deprecating, but he says these things in such a warm, lovely way that you can surely understand how and why he was carried by his adoring fans down the Gloucester Road.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh yeah I find that. Everywhere I go and I say I am a city fan everyone stop talking to me and I am shunned. Meanwhile my gashead brother in law is treated like a king.

You really should take the plunge and explore life outside the confines of the Memorial Stadium. Break the shackles of your brothers' enslavement.

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

Didn’t we also have ‘don’t forget how many were in the home end and in the boxes’ when they were challenged about official numbers being at odds with theirs?

Not quite, they just decided that everyone who bought tickets in the neutral section we’re all gasheads