IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I've just read the methane sorters post about everyone around the country loving the gas. 

As I'm working in Swansea this week on a nhs project,  I got chatting to a Swans fan about football and he asked if we were rebuilding our stadium as we were doing really well in the Championship. I showed him the pics and he was well impressed and very positive about City. He then asked 'whatever happened to the other lot, did they go bust?' My reply was 'watch this space' to which he replied 'good,  they are just plain weird!'

He's just made a new friend! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just read the methane sorters post about everyone around the country loving the gas. 

As I'm working in Swansea this week on a nhs project,  I got chatting to a Swans fan about football and he asked if we were rebuilding our stadium as we were doing really well in the Championship. I showed him the pics and he was well impressed and very positive about City. He then asked 'whatever happened to the other lot, did they go bust?' My reply was 'watch this space' to which he replied 'good,  they are just plain weird!'

He's just made a new friend! ;)

Sprayed water all over my monitor, you bastard :laughcont:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sipirate Avatar
sipirate
Youth Team
about an hour ago
Topper Gas said:
sipirate said:
You really are thick, we have a very wealthy owner. everything about the club screams improvement and expenditure being at its highest.
The Al Quadi family dont need outside assistance to help pay some petty wages... get real. 

THICKLE!

I suggest you take 5 minutes to read the forum rules.  

I Suggest you use your brain.. i mean comon! The al quadi family needed an outside source to pay wages hahaha

The bloody borrow money to people from there slice of HSBC.. what on earth are you talking about?!
Edited by RumRed
Ha ha ha
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RumRed said:
sipirate Avatar
sipirate
Youth Team
about an hour ago
Topper Gas said:
sipirate said:
You really are thick, we have a very wealthy owner. everything about the club screams improvement and expenditure being at its highest.
The Al Quadi family dont need outside assistance to help pay some petty wages... get real. 

THICKLE!

I suggest you take 5 minutes to read the forum rules.  

I Suggest you use your brain.. i mean comon! The al quadi family needed an outside source to pay wages hahaha

The bloody borrow money to people from there slice of HSBC.. what on earth are you talking about?!

Wow the fact they can't even think of the word "lend" is really something. 

And they seem so sure than minority shareholders in positions of power in a bank can do as they wish, or have vast reserves of liquid cash rather than tied up in shares (see Mike Ashley's comment about struggling to invest extra money in Newcastle as good wealth is all tied up in SportsDirect shares).

And that's even if Hani is letting another penny go to that black hole of cash - which isn't the case if their forums are to be believed... 

(To be fair City were a black hole for cash too for many years - this year is the only one we might even break even due to the Man U game and high attendances, difference is our owner keeps getting richer and can liquidify cash easily)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Wow the fact they can't even think of the word "lend" is really something. 

And they seem so sure than minority shareholders in positions of power in a bank can do as they wish, or have vast reserves of liquid cash rather than tied up in shares (see Mike Ashley's comment about struggling to invest extra money in Newcastle as good wealth is all tied up in SportsDirect shares).

And that's even if Hani is letting another penny go to that black hole of cash - which isn't the case if their forums are to be believed... 

(To be fair City were a black hole for cash too for many years - this year is the only one we might even break even due to the Man U game and high attendances, difference is our owner keeps getting richer and can liquidify cash easily)

it's like me having shares in Hargreaves lansdown, that means I can use hargreaves lansdown's revenue to pay my mortgage..............cough up steve 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While stuck in traffic last night I switched the radio on to Radio Bristol. 20p was doing a show called Having a Gas! The R*vers fans he had on as guests sounded a bit down, especially about the new training ground "The weeds are sky high Geoff" !!!

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Heard A gas fan yeaterday mention the possibility of the club being taken over by a chinese consortium.  Well firstly, the chinese are more shrewd than that and secondly, they will insist on them playing in red.

it's true, Rickshaw in portishead were looking to expand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Heard A gas fan yeaterday mention the possibility of the club being taken over by a chinese consortium.  Well firstly, the chinese are more shrewd than that and secondly, they will insist on them playing in red.

It's worse than they imagine.

The Chinese saw the state of the pitch and have decided it will be fantastic for growing rice.

Uncle Ben the benevolent Gashead to the rescue!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

I really don’t understand why the EP & Radio Bristol aren’t all over the deathly silence that is coming out of Horfield, the EP seem more interested in putting out it’s usual weekly nonsense about “Rover’s fantastic fans”

They don't want to dig too deep in case it spoils their cosy relationship with the club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They don't want to dig too deep in case it spoils their cosy relationship with the club.

As has always been the case,  but as per usual, apart from the odd couple, their fans also seem so apathetic to it all, just wouldn’t happen at AG which is why they will always be in our shadow 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, harrys said:

I really don’t understand why the EP & Radio Bristol aren’t all over the deathly silence that is coming out of Horfield, the EP seem more interested in putting out it’s usual weekly nonsense about “Rover’s fantastic fans”

because the main editor of the post is a gashead, (can't you tell from the spelling mistakes)

I can garantee if it were the otherway round they'd be running hourly articles on us just to try and undermind the club (look at the handbags story this week about the 3 cardiff fans arrested for proof)

They like the majority of the swamp thing fan base are burying their heads in the sand and don't want to see theres a problem,

What ever happens (that's bad) they deserve it whole heartily for having such apathy and such blind faith, I mean whenever there's a problem at that club it's "Ted's in the away end", "It must of been ted's who travelled to oldham to cause trouble", "It's Teds that are starting all these nasty rumours"

They are the most insecure pathetic fan base going  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

oh the irony of posting that the same time as my rant.......you just summed it up for me thank you

I know. I thought exactly the same when I read your comment. So the whole Rovers debacle has been caused by the Teds has it? Were the Teds supposed to be paying for the fence and the players wages? That lot are absolutely deranged!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's worse than they imagine.

The Chinese saw the state of the pitch and have decided it will be fantastic for growing rice.

Uncle Ben the benevolent Gashead to the rescue!

Your words were, presumably, in jest, but reports indicate that their new Academy ground, The Colony, would be ideal for growing rice. 

• Haha 2

Monkeh, reading gaschat so you don't have too,

Another belter,

sipirate
Youth Team

sipirate Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 64 posts
6 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by sipirate on 6 minutes ago

I am still loving it that he said no to the stadium :) 
It is great to finally be in a position where we can say no. Thank the lord Wael came in and employed the right people to look at the minor details and seen the catastrophic flaws in the proposal. Give him freedom of Bristol right away in my opinion :) 

Pretty much with that decision alone saved us from becoming a darlington
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

because the main editor of the post is a gashead, (can't you tell from the spelling mistakes)

I can garantee if it were the otherway round they'd be running hourly articles on us just to try and undermind the club (look at the handbags story this week about the 3 cardiff fans arrested for proof)

They like the majority of the swamp thing fan base are burying their heads in the sand and don't want to see theres a problem,

What ever happens (that's bad) they deserve it whole heartily for having such apathy and such blind faith, I mean whenever there's a problem at that club it's "Ted's in the away end", "It must of been ted's who travelled to oldham to cause trouble", "It's Teds that are starting all these nasty rumours"

They are the most insecure pathetic fan base going  

Indeed, i’m told that Mike Norton who is the editor in chief used to stand on the Tote End as a boy and is still a big fan, he also fell out with Gary Johnson big time because of the negative articles the EP used to write, our owner isn’t his biggest fan either

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Not a very wise business move I would suggest.....................backing the wrong team (literally) !

• Like 1