IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

The bloke is full of shit and if gasheads still believe his camel shit, they seriously need therapy.

Listening to yer average Gashead talk is like trying to work out one of them Zen Koans.

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

‘There’ meaning non league :pray:

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I like the part where he says . "In three or five years we need to be here or there" :facepalm: Obviously a man with a plan. :laughcont:

Well I am utterly shocked

Singing "is there a fire drill" at Bradford, the scene of one of the worst fires in a football stadium.

Depicting Fred West on a brfc flag, a mass murderer

& "Auschwitz gas" What idiot would take the picture let alone wear a football kit showing a complete lack of respect to the 7 million people who were systematically exterminated in places like that. 

Truly astonishing

Words fail me

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

Singing "is there a fire drill" at Bradford, the scene of one of the worst fires in a football stadium.

& "Auschwitz gas" What idiot would take the picture let alone wear a football kit showing a complete lack of respect to the 7 million people who were systematically exterminated in places like that. 

Truly astonishing

Words fail me

They are a true embarrassment to our wonderful City. 

48 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

It's the old Gareth Keenan joke from The Office but couldn't resist...

"Al-Qadi, who was born in Qatar and who is assistant to the general manager of the Arab Jordan Investment Bank"

So he is basically the secretary who worked a few favours, aye aye, found himself with a wee nest egg and had a flutter on a little football club.

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Truly astonishing

Words fail me

Unfortunately, we have just as many idiots. 

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Please point me towards the pictures of City fans with Child rapists and Mass murderers ?

Oh for goodness sake.... 

I'm not suggesting we have fans who have replicated precise actions being discussed here. 

But if you were to collate the misdemeanours of fans from both sides of the river over the years then you'd be putting all concerned into the same dustbin of humanity. 

And who's to decide which is worse? An offensive flag, being punched, kicked, verbally abused or glassed? 

Personally, I'd rather someone show me the flag so I can walk home safely afterwards. 

• Confused 1

I was having a quick browse of gaschat, or "slumming it" as I believe it to be known, and the mood has very much changed.

It seems to be yesterday's DC interview that has passed around the collective coffee which most of them have now smelt and woken up.

Little steps I know but you need that realisation phase as a first foot on the road to becoming a normal fan base that holds "Sack the Board" demos when they're being taken for a ride.

Has their fan base genuinely woken up though; or will a couple of decent wins see them drifting off again?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was having a quick browse of gaschat, or "slumming it" as I believe it to be known, and the mood has very much changed.

It seems to be yesterday's DC interview that has passed around the collective coffee which most of them have now smelt and woken up.

Little steps I know but you need that realisation phase as a first foot on the road to becoming a normal fan base that holds "Sack the Board" demos when they're being taken for a ride.

Has their fan base genuinely woken up though; or will a couple of decent wins see them drifting off again?

I read the last week as... 

DC knows there is no money there. 

The owner has no money to spend and the interview /article is to position them as an attractive takeover prospect. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The owner has no money to spend and the interview /article is to position them as an attractive takeover prospect. 

That looks to be about the size of it.  They just need to somehow prevent any potential investors who, on the strength of that article, think that they are buying the next Man City from ever visiting the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, freezer said:

Can someone please enlighten me to what the 'FTG' means, in their language. 

I am slightly aware of what it might represent in City talk?

In parts of Belfast and Glasgow, FTP is an insult at "the other side" and it is an acronym for F### The Pope. I believe FTG means Forever The Gas. Then again, they may come to their senses and replace Pope with gas. I know I do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

I am constantly surprised that they are surprised by the lack of forward thinking by whoever happens to be running the club, as it was ever thus.

Listening to the Harry Dolman special in Sound of the City, they corrected the long held belief (by me at least), that he had been basically thrown out of a board meeting for suggesting that selling Eastville to the greyhound company was a bad idea. 

Apparently it was more a case of being told by one of the other board members after the meeting that, "you might want to go down to Ashton Gate, they are a lot more ambitious". 

A clearer admission that they have always been run by shysters and charlatans you couldn't wish to find, and it came from "one of their own"

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

“Basically we were looking for a club – and this goes back to the investment return side of it – where a club was at the pure bottom,” says Al-Qadi, who was born in Qatar and who is assistant general manager of the Arab Jordan Investment Bank, which his family founded in 1978. “There was nowhere else to go and they were seconds away from going into bankruptcy. I wanted a club that I could build up from the bottom upwards, unlike most of the investors who are coming in at the top level, be it Premier League or Championship, and paying huge amounts of money.”

Rovers secured immediate promotion back to the Football League in 2015 via the play-offs and then, just months after the Al-Qadi takeover, clinched their place in League One.

The club, known as ‘The Gas’ due to their former Eastville Stadium home’s proximity to gasworks, finished a creditable 10th in League One last season and are currently 15th and into the FA Cup second round.

Al-Qadi is “quite pleased” with such encouraging progress, but stresses: “We believe we should be better than what we are right now and hopefully the team will improve. If you look at the numbers, the attendances, the revenues and all that, then yes, there has been a rise.”

Of his long-term ambition, he adds: “The ultimate goal and dream has to be to reach the Premier League and it has been done before. There are a lot of clubs in the Premier League right now who were in League One not so long ago, so it’s doable.

“But I do not like to put targets that in three years or five years, we need to be here or there. It’s a long-term investment and hopefully the success of our strategy will be reflected one day with success by reaching higher divisions.”

Leicester City’s fairytale Premier League title triumph in 2016 remains a great source of inspiration and an exemplar for clubs of Rovers’ ilk.and we are still seconds from bankruptcy but I can still sale the ground and we play for free up on the downs 

I will look after the supporters and each one can own a brick in one of the houses which will be built  only joking 

• Haha 1