IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Kingswood Polak Avatar

I am only here for the fans! That says it all for me. He is what we used to say, putting on a lot of front & fair play to him on that front. 
It’s very obvious that he is making the most of it & that he is not getting the backing and back up from above. That is how I heard it anyway. 
He said he had 3 choices fir every position he wanted during the summer so his comments on Aldi etc aren’t something new. 
I think we have a winged manager who is just unable to get the players he really wants and there is only the owners to blame for that. 
Maybe the owners would like us to go back to paying the players wage again ? There was me thinking we already did this by going to games. 
That interview has made me feel pity for DC. He’s been stitched right up as I view it

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Dopey has 3 lists: Waitrose, Aldi and Poundland.

He gives all 3 to the board and they choose off those.

Expect to see poundland employees on the pitch from Jan in new cost cutting measure. You heard it here first.

Sorry breaking news Poundland does not fall within their budget, they have opted for another skip search in the hope that they can find another Swampy Sinclair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Dopey has 3 lists: Waitrose, Aldi and Poundland.

He gives all 3 to the board and they choose off those.

Expect to see poundland employees on the pitch from Jan in new cost cutting measure. You heard it here first.

More like bargain bucket at the St. Peter’s hospice shop. 

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This is classic Dopey speak in tonight's post.

However Rovers did release five players at the end of the previous campaign and then strengthened with eight new first team signings.

Let's hope that January brings even more 'strengthening' from Mr Clarke.

Well, if you use that definition of strengthened then their forward line will undoubtedly be when Bodin ***** off to Oxford or somewhere for about ten quid in January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

gashead txt's 20p saying they need a striker, two wingers and a defender in January all with Championship experience. Have they suddenly found £5m down the back of the sofa ?

They will end up with a couple of loans. Bodin will leave. Clarke will still be bumming the supporters. Then they will get relegated. Tick tock 

• Like 1

Despite admitting he will be trying to offload some players in January, Clarke could not fault his squad for their attitude following another defeat last time out.

"The lads are fantastic," he beamed.

"They're a great group to work for. I can't fault them for it, even the Blackburn management team came into the office and said "We've watched the match back on video and your lads gave absolutely everything but don't you think it's about time you headed back home? I mean we've hung around and watched the entire 'kin game, not just the highlights, yet you're still here. We're waiting to lock up the ground ffs."

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Despite admitting he will be trying to offload some players in January, Clarke could not fault his squad for their attitude following another defeat last time out.

"They're a great group to work for. I can't fault them for it, even the Blackburn management team came into the office and said "We've watched the match back on video and your lads gave absolutely everything but don't you think it's about time you headed back home? I mean we've hung around and watched the entire 'kin game, not just the highlights, yet you're still here. We're waiting to lock up the ground ffs."

Once a squatter...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"oh yes and the police are waiting outside so perhaps before you load the kit basket on to your coach you can give us all of our silverware, cutlery, toilet paper, soap, tea cups, corner flags, training cones, footballs, hi vis jackets and the groundsman's dog back please".

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

"oh yes and the police are waiting outside so perhaps before you load the kit basket on to your coach you can give us all of our silverware, cutlery, toilet paper, soap, tea cups, corner flags, training cones, footballs, hi vis jackets and the groundsman's dog back back please".

Apparently they were going to do a car boot the next day . 

Its obvious that dopey and the white plastic chairman don't communicate as he said only last week that January is not a good time for buying has beens or tramps so when he gets his poundland Christmas list out I think he's going to be disappointed.

Oh well never mind.

• Like 1

No fan of that Jordanian bullshitter but Clarke must think gas fans are even more stupid than we do.

He said he had only spent "£135k in total since 2014" but Nichols from Peterborough (who they signed to replace Taylor this summer) was rumoured to have cost £250k alone and I doubt the Oxford player Sercombe was much less than £150k.

Of course when you have lost 9 of your last 10 you will say any old bollocks in excuses, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No fan of that Jordanian bullshitter but Clarke must think gas fans are even more stupid than we do.

He said he had only spent "£135k in total since 2014" but Nichols from Peterborough (who they signed to replace Taylor this summer) was rumoured to have cost £250k alone and I doubt the Oxford player Sercombe was much less than £150k.

Of course when you have lost 9 of your last 10 you will say any old bollocks in excuses, eh?

So where’s the 12 million they’ve spent?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We gave them £300K for Matty though so maybe it's a net spend of £135K. We've spent loads but have a very low net spend taking into account monies received. We might even be in profit on transfers for all I know.

What I do know is they are absolutely shite, want 4 Championship players, a cat 2 training academy and a new stadium even though they haven't got a farthing to scratch their arses with. There's a slight flaw in their plan TBH.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We gave them £300K for Matty though so maybe it's a net spend of £135K. We've spent loads but have a very low net spend taking into account monies received. We might even be in profit on transfers for all I know.

What I do know is they are absolutely shite, want 4 Championship players, a cat 2 training academy and a new stadium even though they haven't got a farthing to scratch their arses with. There's a slight flaw in their plan TBH.

But Wally`s going to have a word with his brother and has no doubt that his request for further essential funds will be granted. 

He needs a bit more pocket money to do his Christmas shopping down Oxford Street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But Wally`s going to have a word with his brother and has no doubt that his request for further essential funds will be granted. 

He needs a bit more pocket money to do his Christmas shopping down Oxford Street.

.... but it's not that long ago that the family bought him a cowboy outfit for Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He doesn't say net spend though, does he?

He says "in total".

Feeling under pressure, Darrell?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Thanks 1