IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He doesn't say net spend though, does he?

He says "in total".

Feeling under pressure, Darrell?

If he's saying 'total spend', the bloke's obviously talking utter bollocks then GC. No change there then! 

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

They’re skint as **** aren’t they!

Looks that way. Good innit? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Think almost all of their forum have now realised when their manager is saying "I'm only staying for the fans", that they've got a bottom 6 budget for salaries and that nothing is happening, there's serious problems. Almost like he's begging to be fired:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42184357

Altho some on that forum still saying:

*  "Should be discussed in private" (not realising if Hani is barely talking to Wael and Hamer there's no way he's taking to Clarke so this is his only way to get his attention)

*  "Living within our means is good" (you're losing 2m a year)

*  They've built the club up behind the scenes (yes to make it more attractive to sell, and all financed by the equity in the Mem)

Even with reality kicking them in the face delivered by their very own messiah, some are still deluded...

• Like 2

What makes this forum so fantastic is that people had predicted this exact situation with WAQ and the dog botherer. They worked out wael was a fraud, and that the UWE wasn't going to happen. I love watching their slow, helpless plight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Forgot to mention someone on there was blaming agents, trying to say Clarke's agent was making him say it to be attractive to other clubs... 

Because slating your employer is really what other employers look for! 

Their conspiracy theories get more and more outlandish, like being convinced the Merchant Venturers means SL can do what he wants in Bristol. 

No it's called actually having money, and goodwill from the city for actually spending it to improve the lives of its citizens...

Sorry guys, Wally opened his ration book and found all of his vouchers had been used up. Dopey still thinks he can conjure up a few more otherwise he would have been off to pastures new by now.

Still, at least the fence has now been paid for apparently and there is enough in the bottom of the barrel to pay next weeks wages.

• Haha 1

I`ve just had a thought how they could make a few quid. If they`re putting up big screens for their drive-in thing why don`t they show our game v Manchester on them? Thousands of their morons would turn up and pay handsomely on the off chance of seeing us get turned over.

We would need to have someone from our side filming the crowd though as we would not want to miss their reaction when we win!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve just had a thought how they could make a few quid. If they`re putting up big screens for their drive-in thing why don`t they show our game v Manchester on them? Thousands of their morons would turn up and pay handsomely on the off chance of seeing us get turned over.

We would need to have someone from our side filming the crowd though as we would not want to miss their reaction when we win!

Wouldn't that be marvellous? Let all the Sags in in their cars and then when they are ready for Love Actually the gates get locked and on comes City v Man Utd. There would be the usual  Ted shouts followed by lots of horn beeping, then fans would try to drive out. It will end up like a demolition derby at the Minimal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Wouldn't that be marvellous? Let all the Sags in in their cars and then when they are ready for Love Actually the gates get locked and on comes City v Man Utd. There would be the usual  Ted shouts followed by lots of horn beeping, then fans would try to drive out. It will end up like a demolition derby at the Minimal. 

They'd have to get moving fast - their cars will be on bricks within 5 minutes! 

Darrell Clarke as David Brent

the above is a link to Dopey’s latest interview. During said interview he talks about the three lists he’s prepared. You can see this if you skip to the 4m50s point. 

He says “I’ve got 3 lists; Waitrose, Aldi & Poundland.”

He then seemingly turns to the camera and makes a David Brent style face. And I love it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

the above is a link to Dopey’s latest interview. During said interview he talks about the three lists he’s prepared. You can see this if you skip to the 4m50s point. 

He then seemingly turns to the camera and makes a David Brent style face. And I love it. 

He’s body language is shocking, wtf I can’t unsee

• Haha 1

“I suppose I’ve created an atmosphere where I’m a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third.”

“When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer’s always the same, to me, they’re not mutually exclusive.”

“You will never work in a place like this again. It’s brilliant. Fact. And you’ll never have another boss like me, someone who’s basically a chilled-out entertainer.”

“I actually like my staff to be better than me. That keeps me on my toes. So my motto would be ‘Be careful because there’s always somebody ready to step into your shoes and do your job better than you do it.'”

“I can wake up one morning and go, ‘I don’t feel like working today. Can I stay in bed?’ ‘You’d better ask the boss.’ ‘David, can I stay in bed?’ ‘Yes, David.’ Both me. Not me in bed with another bloke called David.”

“If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain. Do you know which ‘philosopher’ said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a pair of tits.”

“You see all these white middle-class fuddy duddies going, ‘Oh, we’ve got to find the new equivalent’. They’re looking in Oxford and Cambridge. No. Dr Dre, yeah. Ice T. They’re the equivalent of Wordsworth.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

That shrug is simply stunning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Can  somebody please explain to me how encouraging them to improve the place is a good idea...?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

“Please don’t hate me. We’ve all been lied too. I wouldn’t be here now if anyone else wanted me. 

Don’t expect things to change any time soon. There is no money so we will be signing players to try and keep us in the football league next season, on free transfers and players that nobody else want. 

The one good thing from my point of view is that they can’t afford to pay up my 5 year contract to sack me, so I can pretty much say what I like. 

I’m not really looking forward to Christmas this year!”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Please don’t hate me. We’ve all been lied too

That's what he's basically saying.

He also knows that in the mind of your average Sag he can get away with murder as long as he tells them what amazing supporters he thinks they are.

They lap it up of course.

Meanwhile this kind of public 'back me or sack me' move puts more pressure on the owners and deflects the blame from him and the playing side shifting it towards the boardroom. Maybe he does feel let down, if I was the Al Qadis I'd be furious if he was suggesting it on the radio.

Hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No fan of that Jordanian bullshitter but Clarke must think gas fans are even more stupid than we do.

He said he had only spent "£135k in total since 2014" but Nichols from Peterborough (who they signed to replace Taylor this summer) was rumoured to have cost £250k alone and I doubt the Oxford player Sercombe was much less than £150k.

Of course when you have lost 9 of your last 10 you will say any old bollocks in excuses, eh?

I have watched it now and to be fair he is misquoted as he makes it very clear that is net spend, so after money brought in for Taylor, etc.

He is bloody rude though, rarely letting a question finish before interrupting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I could not sit through it, I got to about two minutes and had to switch off and go wash my hands. That was a very uncomfortable man, maybe there was a Labrador off camera...

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Please don’t hate me. We’ve all been lied too. I wouldn’t be here now if anyone else wanted me. 

Don’t expect things to change any time soon. There is no money so we will be signing players to try and keep us in the football league next season, on free transfers and players that nobody else want. 

The one good thing from my point of view is that they can’t afford to pay up my 5 year contract to sack me, so I can pretty much say what I like. 

I’m not really looking forward to Christmas this year!”

In a nutshell.

• Thanks 2