IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have watched it now and to be fair he is misquoted as he makes it very clear that is net spend, so after money brought in for Taylor, etc.

He is bloody rude though, rarely letting a question finish before interrupting.

Every answer starting with a "woah, yeah" or "yeah, woah no"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have watched it now and to be fair he is misquoted as he makes it very clear that is net spend, so after money brought in for Taylor, etc.

Agree with you about him being rude. In after match interviews he refers to his player by their surname;

"Sinclair did ok for an hour, good to see Bodin back fit again etc."

Is he living in the 50's?

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I've said this before. Always cuts off the bloke, normally by saying "Yeah, No"..!!

WTF is that about?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

That interview tells me one thing: they have diddly squat money.

Oh, two things, he's looking to shift the blame for the poor performances.

To me, that came across as a right 'pop' at WAQ TBH. It seemed to be a 'I can't make a silk purse out of a cows ear' to me. I would imagine WAQ won't like it at all.

The thing that grinds my gears is the 'how successful they've been for 3 years' crap! No, if you hadn't been utter shite beforehand, you wouldn't have dropped out of the league and all you've done is bring a lower league 1 / league 2 club back to their supposed proper position. Hardly successful, more righting the abject crap that went on beforehand.

They blatantly have problems, big problems and it all comes down to financial backing, or in their case the total lack of it.

'See you in Waitrose? More likely sat outside rattling a tin.

Hey ho, up the City! :)

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No fan of that Jordanian bullshitter but Clarke must think gas fans are even more stupid than we do.

He said he had only spent "£135k in total since 2014" but Nichols from Peterborough (who they signed to replace Taylor this summer) was rumoured to have cost £250k alone and I doubt the Oxford player Sercombe was much less than £150k.

Of course when you have lost 9 of your last 10 you will say any old bollocks in excuses, eh?

I think you will find he was using net spend, which kind of makes sense considering they sold their star player to us for £10M or there abouts.

oh wait...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To me, that came across as a right 'pop' at WAQ TBH. It seemed to be a 'I can't make a silk purse out of a cows ear' to me. I would imagine WAQ won't like it at all.

The thing that grinds my gears is the 'how successful they've been for 3 years' crap! No, if you hadn't been utter shite beforehand, you wouldn't have dropped out of the league and all you've done is bring a lower league 1 / league 2 club back to their supposed proper position. Hardly successful, more righting the abject crap that went on beforehand.

They blatantly have problems, big problems and it all comes down to financial backing, or in their case the total lack of it.

'See you in Waitrose? More likely sat outside rattling a tin.

Hey ho, up the City! :)

No automatic alt text available.

Wow, we have another 'celebrity' fan

IMG_1162.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, a psychologist would have a field day with his twitching and face rubbing..........that sort of thing shows something to hide or outright lying !

He seems drunk, really think he’s on his last legs

but saying that I’m in a job I don’t enjoy anymore, as he said he’s still there cuz of the supporters, I’m still at work cuz of my customers, till I find something better to come along I’m still in a job I despise, I don’t feel bad for him just cuz it’s Dopey

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

He seems drunk, really think he’s on his last legs

but saying that I’m in a job I don’t enjoy anymore, as he said he’s still there cuz of the supporters, I’m still at work cuz of my customers, till I find something better to come along I’m still in a job I despise, I don’t feel bad for him just cuz it’s Dopey

Yep as others have said it really is like "I'm fed up, I hate everyone above me and I'm saying whatever I like because you lot can't actually afford the money to fire me!"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Yep as others have said it really is like "I'm fed up, I hate everyone above me and I'm saying whatever I like because you lot can't actually afford the money to fire me!"

Plus, they can't sack him for speaking out as the fans love him. He's playing them as much as the board are playing the fans. All good stuff!

UP THE CITY!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Also they can’t get better, he’s done a pretty good job, but afraid has taken them as far as they and he can go

god, other than stroking off dogs, I feel the pain, dammit he really is trying to make me feel sorry for him

• Haha 1

After watching that cringeworthy interview ITV announce a new spin off to be hosted by the Chuckle brothers.

'I've been ****** over by a fake Sheik bullshitter get me out of here'.

Of course it will be have to be a very cut price version and will not be in the Australian rain forest, but at the gas's own leper colony at Almondsbury.

• Haha 5

Next up in the Stadium of sh!te;

Home to Rotherham (the game they moved to avoid clashing with our!) Guess what, we are at home too, Doh!

In the Rotherham squad (but probably on the bench, and so receiving even more abuse) ex City keeper Richard O'Donnell, or ROD as he was known in these parts.

This is their game in hand so they can't drop into the bottom 4, at least for another week! 

C'mon you Millers :chant6ez:

ROD.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I bet the gas fans are enjoying their December calendar

24273697_1538953006190372_1244192110852600342_o.jpg

You should always give generously at Christmas time. Good to see the Gasheads keeping with tradition. Two Teds on the same page....Oh the irony!!! The gift keeps on giving again and again. It's a never ending rollercoaster ride at the moment and I bet the rollercoaster is "Oblivion"?! :rofl2br:

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 5