IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

I bet the gas fans are enjoying their December calendar

24273697_1538953006190372_1244192110852600342_o.jpg

Picture the scene this morning as excited younger Gappers opened their advents calendars and then turned over their BRFC calendar singing festive songs to themselves..

"On the first day of Christmas my blue love sent to me .. 2 dirty 'Teds..."

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Feel sorry for the guy; sounds like he has been let down badly. If he goes anytime soon they will get relegated in short fashion. 

The whole club feels like a shakespearean tragedy unravelling before us. 

Aside from all the dog botherer stuff, he's done some good work to get them to where they are atm.

I'd like to see him at another, better club with a proper ground and facilities, and a fanbase with 10 fingers each.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Feel sorry for the guy; sounds like he has been let down badly. If he goes anytime soon they will get relegated in short fashion. 

The whole club feels like a shakespearean tragedy unravelling before us. 

I think he’s more likely to take them down, than someone else who might rejuvenate them. 

Having a disgruntled, frustrated manager, with no money to spend, with infighting & bitching well underway. 

It’s beautiful to watch! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Aside from all the dog botherer stuff, he's done some good work to get them to where they are atm.

I'd like to see him at another, better club with a proper ground and facilities, and a fanbase with 10 fingers each.

Do Argyle have any money? He would do well there if they did. 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he’s more likely to take them down, than someone else who might rejuvenate them. 

Having a disgruntled, frustrated manager, with no money to spend, with infighting & bitching well underway. 

It’s beautiful to watch! 

The first part of your second sentence/paragraph looks about right but are we party to knowing about the second part or are you just guessing?

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

The first part of your second sentence/paragraph looks about right but are we party to knowing about the second part or are you just guessing?

Just surmising, based on his interview. He’s not even being discreet about it. 

For me it’s a clear case of sucking up to the fans to keep them on his side, whilst challenging Wally to sack him, which he can’t afford to do! 

• Like 3

• Admin
15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

I never believed in fantasy, but if that shower of shit go under, I will be a convert!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

They`re not minted but they do seem to have more of a budget than the sags. Mind you, who doesn`t?

If he went there and kept them up he would be hero to the janners and wouldn`t be in a bad place to kick them on next season - as always with Argyle, if they`re doing well, the crowds will come.

I bet he wishes he`d left at the end of last season but on the other side of the coin he should have been able to see what all of us could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be fair. Gasheads do have ten fingers each.

It's just a shame they are on both hands.

19 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

What makes this forum so fantastic is that people had predicted this exact situation with WAQ and the dog botherer. They worked out wael was a fraud, and that the UWE wasn't going to happen. I love watching their slow, helpless plight.

Brief and powerless is Man's life; on him and all his race the slow, sure doom falls pitiless and dark.

Even a majority of gasheads, on the forums anyway, have woken up to the reality and that it wasn't just gurt teds winding them up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Every answer starting with a "woah, yeah" or "yeah, woah no"

What is that when he nearly answers every question with a "yeah, no". WTF is that all about.

Keith Millen does the same thing. That's annoying but what's more annoying with Keith is that he calls us Bristol, even when pulled up about it.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I bet the gas fans are enjoying their December calendar

24273697_1538953006190372_1244192110852600342_o.jpg

This is simply fantastic. You could not of scripted the comedy gold any better.

The gift continues unabated.

A £10m striker for less than a Tilson adorning all the saggies walls throughout the season of good will, superb.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I got the sack from a calendar factory once.

All I did was take a day off.

At a job interview last week I was asked "Well, Jacko.......where do you see yourself in three years time?".

All I could tell them was "Dunno, Mate...... I don't have 2020 vision......".

I love you all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Admin
3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

There’s an article in the local paper in Cornwall today with the chairman of Argyle talking about their ground improvements.  They are looking to replace the old grandstand and it’s going to planning soon.  His comments on ground capacity were quite revealing & refreshing compared to our friends north of the river.  He said that there was absolutely no point in looking to improve on the 18k they would have unless they were in the Premier League, which is not something they consider even possible at the current time or are even looking towards in the immediate future.  

He then went on to say that if they ever did get to the Premier League, which is very unlikely,  they MAY look to increase to 21k if necessary, but it would need a sustained period in the Premier League for them to ever consider more than that.  

He seems far more down to earth & realistic than the Gas.  I think Dodgy Darrel could do worse than end up there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

There’s an article in the local paper in Cornwall today with the chairman of Argyle talking about their ground improvements.  They are looking to replace the old grandstand and it’s going to planning soon.  His comments on ground capacity were quite revealing & refreshing compared to our friends north of the river.  He said that there was absolutely no point in looking to improve on the 18k they would have unless they were in the Premier League, which is not something they consider even possible at the current time or are even looking towards in the immediate future.  

He then went on to say that if they ever did get to the Premier League, which is very unlikely,  they MAY look to increase to 21k if necessary, but it would need a sustained period in the Premier League for them to ever consider more than that.  

He seems far more down to earth & realistic than the Gas.  I think Dodgy Darrel could do worse than end up there.

A very cautious man is James Brent. He didn`t make his money by taking stupid risks. I did wonder if he was in it for the long run at first as he seemed to have been browbeaten a bit into saving them when no-one else would and he`s not really a football fan but fair play to him, he`s delivering what he said he would. It`s just a pity the team are letting him down at the moment.

• Like 2

After seeing Dopeys interview, I think I now know why the poor 15'ers think they are the bestest, most loyal and true fans ever. It's because they keep getting told it by various owners, chairmen and managers of the G*s to try and stop them from looking at the true nature of how utterly f*cked the club are behind the scenes.

It's a massive case of blowing smoke up their arses and hoping they are so happy to (ahem) 'know' they are the best fans ever they cannot believe that their club is (and has been for years) close to going to the wall. 

I would say it's painful to watch but it's not, it's f*cking brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just surmising, based on his interview. He’s not even being discreet about it. 

For me it’s a clear case of sucking up to the fans to keep them on his side, whilst challenging Wally to sack him, which he can’t afford to do! 

Yes he's doing what he can to keep the fans on his side. 

Like when he mocked when enquiring how that lot down the road had got on.

Never forget!

Happy days indeed eh DC?

• Like 3

Unbelievably, Rotherham are actually on worse form than us over the last 5 league games, so I would predict a A hammering, a bit concerned that they have the league's top scorer in Kieffer Moore, who may enjoy playing against our defence! What we do well to hold them at 3/0 

looks like doc will be on his way after today once the fans turn against him 

as he said he's only here for the fans  if I am not wanted I will leave 

good bye 

• Haha 3

Bristol Rovers need to raise salaries if they want to keep hold of their best players, says manager Darrell Clarke.

Clarke has been frustrated by progress both on and off the pitch this season, with the club 18th in League One and plans for a new stadium stalling.

"We're still in the bottom six for the salaries we pay players," said Clarke, who confirmed Rovers are in talks with striker Billy Bodin over a new deal.

Top 6 whilst ST's were on sale, bottom 6 now they need excuses.

• Like 3