IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

:facepalm:

If anyone can buy this rubbish then they need to seek medical attention and quickly. Beyond laughable. Having to think carefully about any answer given where spending money is concerned. I bet their meetings go like this.....

Project Manager: What are your plans?

Al Qadis: To rebuild the Memorial Stadium to make it self sustainable and Championship ready.

Project Manager: What is the budget?

Al Qadis: Welllllll, um these things huh, well um they take time you know, it's not easy you know, you can't put an exact price or timescale on these sorts of things, um, there is um, you know lots to consider.....

Project Manager: Can we just cut to the chase please? How much have we got in the kitty?

Al Qadis: Welllll, huh, um, what sort of price were you thinking of, and um, what is the best price you can do?

Project Manager: How much do you want to spend?

Al Qadis: Um, it's not that straightforward you see, huh, um wellllll these things take time....

Project Manager: **** off you bunch of jokers....

Al Qadis: Mr Hamer, can you show the next Project Manager in please?

Steve Hamer: Yes, well um, the next Project Manager's arrival is imminent.

(Hamer to fans)

Hamer: Talks are ongoing and we are exploring a multitude of options at the moment. These things obviously take time....

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SimonR said:

Are we absolutely certain that the al quadis are not rich City fans involved in a long complicated confidence scam to destroy the 15ers from within? Just a thought... :pray:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to kill you. And everybody who read your post. Oops :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SimonR said:

Are we absolutely certain that the al quadis are not rich City fans involved in a long complicated confidence scam to destroy the 15ers from within? Just a thought... :pray:

I sometimes think that the whole Bristol R*vers travelling medicine show is a huge long term installation project by the KLF. A bit like the mice in Hitch Hikers Guide for those who aren`t familiar with their work.

And then I think even Bill Drummond & Jimmy Cauty with their twisted imaginations couldn`t have dreamed up all the things that have gone on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I sometimes think that the whole Bristol R*vers travelling medicine show is a huge long term installation project by the KLF. A bit like the mice in Hitch Hikers Guide for those who aren`t familiar with their work.

And then I think even Bill Drummond & Jimmy Cauty with their twisted imaginations couldn`t have dreamed up all the things that have gone on.

Love that image.

Ten years' ago the Merchant Venturers in a bold move decided to turn Bristol's second football team into an exhibition of living art through creating bizarre and inexplicable scenarios in order to challenge people's preconceptions of what constitutes a football club.

Their many successes include:

Making people question the consumerist aspect of Christmas by creating a Santa's Grotto in a portable toilet.

Highlighting how ephemeral are our lives by showing how 120 years of football league history can be snuffed out in a single season.

Showing that our implicit trust in the law is misplaced by very publicly illustrating how a watertight contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

It's brilliant really; I think Banksy must have a hand in it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Love that image.

Ten years' ago the Merchant Venturers in a bold move decided to turn Bristol's second football team into an exhibition of living art through creating bizarre and inexplicable scenarios in order to challenge people's preconceptions of what constitutes a football club.

Making people question the consumerist aspect of Christmas by creating a Santa's Grotto in a portable toilet.

Highlighting how ephemeral are our lives by showing how 120 years of football league history can be snuffed out in a single season.

Showing that our implicit trust in the law is misplaced by very publicly illustrating how a watertight contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I fully expected them to win the Turner prize this year. Especially as the art was being displayed in Hull.

A team they have such a rich affiliation with.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Love that image.

It has been done before.......... reminded me of an early 60's kids ITV sci-fi serial that I loved.

The seventh episode of Pathfinders to Venus (The Valley of Monsters) was used in an academic study of children's attitudes to television viewing. The experiments included showing several on-screen mistakes which were explained at the end of the episode by onscreen-rolling captions:

The mistakes in this episode which you may have noticed are not accidental. They are part of a research project into children's perceptions which the Department of Education of Cambridge University is carrying out in co-operation with the Drama Department of A.B.C. Television.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Love that image.

Being a bit picky here, but wasn’t it 94 years of football League history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Really? I didn't realise that they missed the big one hundred.

Their accounts say 1883 and I presumed that this referred to both their foundation and attaining league status.  Very happy to be corrected!

They joined the league about 20 years after us. I think it’s was 1920 or 1921?

So yeah, they only managed something like 94 seasons of League football before that hilarious day in 2014.

We’re the only Bristol club with over 100 consecutive seasons of League football under our belts. Rovers have got 97 more years before they can reach that particular landmark.

Tick tock.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So yeah, they only managed something like 94 seasons of League football before that hilarious day in 2014.

We’re the only Bristol club with over 100 consecutive seasons of League football under our belts. Rovers have got 97 more years before they can reach that particular landmark.

Tick tock.

97 years?  By my calculations it may be all over in 97 days.

I see Henbury plum is at it again. 

Some joker posted on facebook that they would sell their City v Man Utd ticket for £1,000,000 (that's ONE MILLION POUNDS) and numbnuts started a thread criticising City fans saying they would never do that as they're 'faithful and true' (unless they're playing sh1t when they don't bother). He fell for a blatant wind up! Thick prat.

city tickets.jpg

Is the guy ill or just very, very stupid to be that gullible? I understand delusion but this is off the scale IMHO. Pillock! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Some joker posted on facebook that they would sell their City v Man Utd ticket for £1,000,000 (that's ONE MILLION POUNDS) and numbnuts started a thread criticising City fans saying they would never do that as they're 'faithful and true' (unless they're playing sh1t when they don't bother). He fell for a blatant wind up! Thick prat.

Is the guy ill or just very, very stupid to be that gullible? I understand delusion but this is off the scale IMHO. Pillock! 

That thread is hilarious from start to finish, with somebody misreading a million for a grand down to our old chum Weezord mis-spelling delete and getting corrected.

• Like 1

Oh dear, Big Jock has got us sussed.  Hopefully the rest will put him on ignore and keep pumping out the laughs anyway:

Big Jock

FFS it aint a grand - read it! Its a million ! an is a cracking wind up coz its got some of ye in a spin . Fukk sake nae wonder theys call us th gift that keeps giving lol.png

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11235/again

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Tick tock.

Let’s not forget that they finished bottom of the third division south in 1938/39 and had to go through the re-election process. The 39/40 season was abandoned after 3 games when fervent gashead Adolf Hitler invaded Poland as a diversion tactic to avoid the famous blue and white quarters being further humiliated.

By my reckoning they’ve had three spells in the football league 

1920/21 - 1938-39

1946/47 - 2013/14

2015/16 - to present date

Edited by Malago
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

city tickets.jpg

The bloke is a sad little man. 

He named the thread. They are at it again .

At what again. It was obviously a wind up which has been pointed out to the pathological liar . Saying rovers fans wouldn’t do it . But the immediate reply to him said rovers fans have done it . He really is a ***** 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lita For Congo said:

I feel a little sorry for that Henbury Gas. He’s obviously mentally ill. It’s probably due to him wiping dodgy hard drives from his Rovers mates all day sending him loopy. 

Sounds like he’s creating diversions, because if he had his own hard drive checked he’d be in trouble! (Allegedly)

Edited by BS15_RED

13 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Sounds like he’s creating diversions, because if he had his own hard drive checked he’d be in trouble! (Allegedly)

Looking at one of his posts on their site, he seems to imply he’s been to AG to fix our computers

Surely BS have our own IT team and if we didn’t would we get some two bit shop from the other side of town to come and fix it?

Wonder if he’s secretly been down seeing how things are on the other side?

4184BAF6-49D4-43FB-90E2-21870AB01BB7.jpeg

Edited by 54-46
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Looking at one of his posts on their site, he seems to imply he’s been to AG to fix our computers

Surely BS have our own IT team and if we didn’t would we get some two bit shop from the other side of town to come and fix it?

Wonder if he’s secretly been down seeing how things are on the other side?

4184BAF6-49D4-43FB-90E2-21870AB01BB7.jpeg

As if we’d use some dodgy backwater repair shop mind :laughcont:. I’m sure within the media / IT department we’d have someone  qualified to do this. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

city tickets.jpg

Ha, that’s brilliant. :rofl2br:

“Look at this, they’re trying to rip off their own mates by selling tickets for a million quid...gert ******* teds”

E1427743-314B-4EB5-AF1D-7D078015D598.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 2