IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Here you go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42271522

A number of football clubs were also named on the government's list including Bristol Rovers; Wolves and Torquay in England and Motherwell; Greenock Morton and Falkirk in Scotland.

At the risk of sounding like I am defending the gas here, a lot of these businesses have fallen foul of the changes in calculating basic pay. Either because their payroll systems can't calculate it correctly, or because it has been configured incorrectly. One of the Companies on this list uses the payroll software I train on and they decided they could set it up instead of paying for us to help them, I know which would have been cheaper. 

Edited by Port Said Red

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At the risk of sounding like I am defending the gas here, a lot of these businesses have fallen foul of the changes in calculating basic pay. Either because their payroll systems can't calculate it correctly, or because it has been configured incorrectly. One of the Companies on this list uses the payroll software I train on and they decided they could set it up instead of paying for us to help them, I know which would have been cheaper. 

Just about to post the same - and there have also been new rules re holiday pay, cost of working, and as you say payroll and leap years can cause big problems. It is a lot easier to fall foul of these rules than someone would think. 

I must be honest, reading the thread (lightly) about programme sellers and half time draw sellers needing to buy a United ticket, one of my first thoughts was 'I hope the club have got advice on whether that is a deduction from salary for minimum wage'.  If they haven't, and it is, our name could be on that list and that could have been an unforeseen one-off. Detail of the error is really needed to judge them in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

However, the vast majority of companies will make the necessary adjustments once your scenario comes to light.....unfortunately others will not as it’s more likely they were looking to reduce costs by indirectly paying below minimum wage. 

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

However, the vast majority of companies will make the necessary adjustments once your scenario comes to light.....unfortunately others will not as it’s more likely they were looking to reduce costs by indirectly paying below minimum wage. 

True, but I think it's more likely that most of the Companies are being fined for historical issues and are unlikely to be deliberately flouting the law. 

In the case I was quoting though, the company thought they could manage without an HR dept or properly trained payroll staff! 

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Yes, but HMRC are very publicly auditing minimum wage now - for a lot these will be historic issues they probably had no idea existed and needed to correct. This is something even John Lewis managed to balls up and get a huge bill for - and they are renowned for being pretty good to their employees/partners. 

3 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Anybody see in the national news today that the blue few were one, of a small number of football clubs, that couldn’t muster enough cash to pay their employees the minimum wage (probably the footballing staff to be honest). Times really are hard!!! No wonder they can’t afford a stadium rebuild if they are struggling to scrape together £7.50. Definitely the gift that keeps on giving; they are a professional outfit, yea?!

[someone cleverer than me will be able to link to the bbc news article]

Seems to be referring to the old board.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They can’t calculate £7.50 per hour accurately..?! 

21 hours ago, myol'man said:

Anybody else notice the Bing Wallpaper today? :ph34r:

th.jpg

Let's be honest here, this place would be a vast improvement on any place the gas have managed to squat in, also they would have the advantage of it being fire proof, mind you saying that, with their history of attacking four legged animals I would keep the camels out of sight.

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

State of some of the whoppers they have.

both factually incorrect,

Even if you only go back as far as 82 we've won more then the gas have since 1883,

and both clubs have 39 banning orders so how that is 7th i don't know,

they are so full of horse shit 

• Like 1

An interesting article in "Private Eye" this week about dodgy football club owners.  The final paragraph reads:

"All the more reason to exercise scepticism about would-be club owners from faraway places with strange sounding names offering to finance fans' dreams."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They can’t calculate £7.50 per hour accurately..?! 

Look at 29AR's post, there are lots of variables that come into play and often it comes down to poor recording of actual time spent at work, things like "expected to stay until a task is completed" or other similar situations. It can be hard for large organisations to monitor what is happening at branch level or in some departments in are like a football club. Then there is the subject of what is considered "Normal Pay" which is used in lot of calculations including NMW.  

That's enough now, I do enough of this at work without boring everyone on this forum too. :)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Nothing they say surprises me . From top to bottom the bitterness and jealousy courses through their veins. They are so far behind us on and off the pitch. And they hate it . Growing up in the 80s and 90s the rivalry was brilliant. But we moved on but they are still stuck there. They are insignificant to us . And I can’t see it changing. If anything Bristol Rovers won’t exist in 5 years. Fingers crossed . **** um . Oh and pay the going rate you drybreads 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Still banging on about our financial difficulties 35 years ago. 

Brave....

If I was a Gashead I’d be more concerned about the financial situation at Rovers right now. Detestable dumb bastards.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

Next up ;

Saaaffend United.

They've got a few well known old boys in their squad including ex QPR Anton Ferdinand, ex Hull City Michael Turner, big old beast Marc-Antoine Fortune',

ex Reading striker Simon Cox and well known ex Swindon sex offender Vile Ranger, who missed a game earlier this season due to a tagging curfew! and has recently been dropped for "a disciplinary procedure" Hope the blue few give him some sh!t 

Their wage bill must be massive

2-1 to the Shrimpers?

nile.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Still banging on about our financial difficulties 35 years ago. 

Brave....

If I was a Gashead I’d be more concerned about the financial situation at Rovers right now. Detestable dumb bastards.

It's all they've got. Nothing about either club, since 1982 has any comparison, other than we share the name of Bristol.

Non league, tent dwelling, supporters club funds stealing, season ticket scamming, horse punching, racist incidents a plenty...

Prowed to wear da quarterzzzz......

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

It's all they've got. Nothing about either club, since 1982 has any comparison, other than we share the name of Bristol.

Non league, tent dwelling, supporters club funds stealing, season ticket scamming, horse punching, racist incidents a plenty...

Prowed to wear da quarterzzzz......

Best Boob Cricket team in Bristol though. Unbeaten in fact. Except by the magistrates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

both factually incorrect,

Even if you only go back as far as 82 we've won more then the gas have since 1883,

and both clubs have 39 banning orders so how that is 7th i don't know,

they are so full of horse shit 

Yeah saw that myself, we are above them on alphabetical order and that’s it. I’m sure there’s a list somewhere about animal cruelty and they and the manger will be top!

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Best Boob Cricket team in Bristol though. Unbeaten in fact. Except by the magistrates.

Forgot about that dick!! Palace fan as well aint he?

Hope he's enjoying the outstanding season his 2 teams are having.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

Yeah saw that myself, we are above them on alphabetical order and that’s it. I’m sure there’s a list somewhere about animal cruelty and they and the manger will be top!

Does Darrell’s favourite pass time really class as cruelty..?!

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

can someone do a compilation please of a history of events for them for 2017. every time ive heard them mentioned it has been comical. would make a good read for xmas

I don’t think the World Wide Web has enough capacity to cope with such large files. 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe, but at least those other companies, even Sports Direct, have the good grace to put their hands up and apologise. All we've had from the gas is a 'no comment'. 

I want to know whether this is their stadium staff being underpaid, or their central defenders? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Maybe, but at least those other companies, even Sports Direct, have the good grace to put their hands up and apologise. All we've had from the gas is a 'no comment'. 

I want to know whether this is their stadium staff being underpaid, or their central defenders? 

Sports Direct and especially their owner are very good at apologising aren't they? A cynical man might say they should look to putting things right in the first place.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

can someone do a compilation please of a history of events for them for 2017. every time ive heard them mentioned it has been comical. would make a good read for xmas

Maybe to the tune of 12 days of Christmas?  Here’s a start, fill in the blanks please!

12 thousand locked out

11 hopeless players

10 dogs for Darryl

9 ???

8 ???

7 ???

6 brand new sprinklers

5 horses punched

4 ???

3 ???

2 ???

And a Chairman with no money!