IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Bristol City are a sports franchise owned by a billionaire tax dodger. They may achieve success but id rather follow a unique family club with history and culture. They are like a chain of costa coffee bland and uninspiring. #FTG

Coming from the supporter of a club owned by Dwane Sports and who couldn't wait to jump into a franchise with UWE.

Yeh, says the man who follows a team that is like a chain of old "War on Want" shops.

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How did they react when Matty Taylor came on?

Was it as good as this gem? ....

"Just watching Sky Sports... and that syphilitic, subhuman, waste of discharge Matty Taylor has just come on for the Sh*t."

Bitter ... or what?!

Interesting selection of replies - http://gasheads.org/thread/6974/watching-sky-sports

They were just praying that he didn't score the winner. They were nail biting and it definitely increased when the snake came on.

There was a few "******* hell's" and a couple of "Turn it off" when he came on and the camera zoomed in on the name TAYLOR emblazoned across the back of a red shirt.

Like I said, the pain was very much a physical one and you could tell that they were feeling rough as **** when we scored the winner.

They are very very worried about us. They piped up this afternoon following their victory on Facebook asking why the "Ted's are so quiet after their latest victory". Perhaps it is because we played last night you thick *****?!!!

• Like 2

Has someone perhaps been getting the stuff cheap off a bloke down the pub after he salvaged it from a skip round the back of Tesco`s. I doubt it as no professionally run organisation would do that surely.

I would have thought selling out of date foodstuffs would be something Trading Standards might be interested in though.

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet...  seems the 'family club' billionaire cares so much for their own that they don't even pay them minimum wage.... 

(The Gas, the gift that keeps on giving.. except for when it comes to wages ! )

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-12-08/bristol-rovers-among-firms-named-and-shamed-for-underpaying-staff/ 

The BBC article has them relegated to league two again :cool:

9E32DE37-134F-416B-8116-8445893E705B.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Someone's been going through the bins again...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11253/pasty-hut

Food being sold to the public that is bad? Perhaps the council need to send in a cleaning inspector.

Some of the comments on that thread - wow.

edit* if anyone fancies dropping the council an email 

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/food-business/food-safety-inspections

Edited by Rocky

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Hope he gets well soon, and they catch the little ***** that did this.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

Agreed. Hope the little scrotes are rounded up quickly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Nobody deserves that.

Hope the police find them and justice is swift.

Like to think the person responsible isn't at home for Christmas.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

From the CCMB but probably the most deluded thing I have ever seen.... 

Its worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

Which I'm certain will be in the next few seasons come to think of it... 

Don't forget that football ALWAYS goes in cycles thumbup.gif

I think their wheels must have fallen off then.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Has someone perhaps been getting the stuff cheap off a bloke down the pub after he salvaged it from a skip round the back of Tesco`s. I doubt it as no professionally run organisation would do that surely.

I would have thought selling out of date foodstuffs would be something Trading Standards might be interested in though.

300x300.jpg.e7c9e8f43f94ee01bc4dcc78128d72af.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Nobody deserves that.

Holy crap! All joking aside, I wish the gashead well. It's a game after all. 

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They were just praying that he didn't score the winner. They were nail biting and it definitely increased when the snake came on.

There was a few "******* hell's" and a couple of "Turn it off" when he came on and the camera zoomed in on the name TAYLOR emblazoned across the back of a red shirt.

I’m sure we wore purple on Friday night....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:47, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe @Miah Dennehy is a he, although I am pretty sure @In the Net is a she.

Both good posters, though, and a shame that @Miah Dennehy has been absent for so long - he will undoubtedly return once the rugby starts.

Don't worry, once we have our new stadium/modified stadium/bigger tents I will be back, then you will al be sorry you took the piss :)

How are things going south of the river btw, is LJ a little more popular these days?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't worry, once we have our new stadium/modified stadium/bigger tents I will be back, then you will al be sorry you took the piss :)

How are things going south of the river btw, is LJ a little more popular these days?

Brilliant manager. We never doubted him!

• Haha 7