IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Rovers fans tell me that Kingswood is Gas, Cadbury Heath is Gas, Hanham is full of shitheads, Staple Hill is Gas, Fishponds is Gas, Eastvile is Gas, Patchway is Gas, Southmead is Gas, Filton is Gas, Horfield is Gas, Ashley Down is Gas and everywhere else is Somerset and full of shitheads.

That's possibly correct. I can imagine that there are probably 7,799 Rovers supporters in those areas, plus one more in Henbury.

19 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

All he said was we are talking about a plan, but we dont yet have a plan.  Well they have been talking about a plan for months and will continue to talk about it for months to come.  The reason they cant come up with a plan is that they have no money.  Seems like all they are doing is moving the club shop and painting the bogs.  Later, they will improve the playing staff with a visit to Lidl as they cant afford Waitrose. He just kept saying that these imaginary plans will take time.  Sorry Wally there's not much time left.

I wonder if they have a plan to deal with insolvency.

He won't have to worry about that either, someone else will be appointed to sell off the watney cup, santa's grotto and any other bric a brac tat left.

They could start by selling off the seats as memorabilia for comedic value reminiscing on how they used to watch the ball being lumped from one end of the bog to the other  . . . oh wait, they don't have many seats

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Are you sure we don't know the same set of Sags? Blimey, they are all the same, clinging onto 1982, Windass and their away following myth. I wish I had taken a video on Friday night of the Sags faces as Flints winner went in. It was absolutely ******* priceless!!!!

same in the duke in pill, to say they were gutted would be an understatement.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

What are Sags doing in Pill?!!! That's a million miles away from Banjo Island...They are nearer Denny Island! Must have got lost!

amazingly I'm sometimes outnumbered, but not Friday, loudest rendition of stand up if you hate the gas I've ever heard, it was brilliant to see all the sags realise they were suddenly heavily outnumbered.

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

amazingly I'm sometimes outnumbered, but not Friday, loudest rendition of stand up if you hate the gas I've ever heard, it was brilliant to see all the sags realise they were suddenly heavily outnumbered.

Get em to try the Pill tradition of swimming to the Lamplighters, Shirehampton.

"Yer going in the river" :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think the only places I would still consider sag only are Horfield and Eastville. The rest is so City dominated its scary.

15 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm Horfield and definitely red :fear:

Loads of us reds in Horfield. I know one of my near neighbours is a fellow City season ticket holder, yet I'm not aware of any that go to Rovers.

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Better than being Redfield and definitely a Wh...

:clapping:

6 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Be surprised if he's been hounded out of Portishead. Sounds like another one of Henbury Gas' whoppers to me. 

He’s gone from living in a flat in Portishead to living in a house near Congesbury. Hardly been hounded out by them. As you say, Tom, another lie from the blue few. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

and Cadbury heath too........

Erm, aren't they the same place? :whistle:

I live close to BI, not in it, and there is one staunch gas boozer on the island suggesting the estate is predominantly blue. I would suggest it's one of the few blue areas left but in Barrs, next door, it's virtually ALL red and long may it continue! @Cheesleysmate lives near me so I would assume he agrees?

Kingswood was pretty blue when I was a nipper with one shining 'bastion of red' boozer. While there's still a lot of older blues, I would suggest there are an awful lot more reds in BS15 than there used to be, maybe not parity yet but it's not far off! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I live close to BI, not in it, and there is one staunch gas boozer on the island suggesting the estate is predominantly blue. I would suggest it's one of the few blue areas left but in Barrs, next door, it's virtually ALL red and long may it continue! @Cheesleysmate lives near me so I would assume he agrees?

Kingswood was pretty blue when I was a nipper with one shining 'bastion of red' boozer. While there's still a lot of older blues, I would suggest there are an awful lot more reds in BS15 than there used to be, maybe not parity yet but it's not far off! 

only going on what the bloke down the pub told me SJ ......joking aside little stoke and stoke Gifford the sort of areas youll see the lesser spotted idiot

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Agree about Kingswood SJ. Also, it does seeem to be the older lot that are staunch G*s. 

I grew up in and around there and know as many reds as I do 15'ers, if not more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The real ratio is about 3 to 1 I think.  That ties in with attendance levels too.

In truth, we can't be sure as so many are too embarassed to admit that they are gasheads these days.

I never see any blue and white shirts in the pubs in the bradley stoke area and this is well north of the river.

I used to work with a gashead, who’s son got suspended from school. 

The teachers asked the kids what their dad likes to do in his spare time, so he stood up infront of the class and said “my dad likes to go up the downs, dressed in women’s lingerie, then he follows men into the bushes and pleasures them for money”

The very unimpressed, shocked & concerned teacher ordered him straight from the classroom and, outside, asked if what he’d said was true..? “No Miss” said the young lad. “He’s a Bristol Rovers season ticket holder, but I was too embarrassed to tell the class that!” 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

only going on what the bloke down the pub told me SJ ......joking aside little stoke and stoke Gifford the sort of areas youll see the lesser spotted idiot

Pah.....excuse me! The Giff is not gas, 50/50 at worst. With the academy and women’s team playing round the corner, there is always City about