IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Rovers fans tell me that Kingswood is Gas, Cadbury Heath is Gas, Hanham is full of shitheads, Staple Hill is Gas, Fishponds is Gas, Eastvile is Gas, Patchway is Gas, Southmead is Gas, Filton is Gas, Horfield is Gas, Ashley Down is Gas and everywhere else is Somerset and full of shitheads.

I’ll never tire at digging this visual out from the stadium planning docs of 2009......shows location of season ticket holders around Bristol. Quite clearly we are everywhere including massive numbers in the so say gas areas! Taking into account our season ticket numbers have gone up by about 40% since then, I’d confidently say the city is ours. 

F0E41202-3269-4C47-AAF5-9244AD720FC6.jpeg.063a780f74b6707c4004e10858259cc4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I’ll never tire at digging this visual out from the stadium planning docs of 2009......shows location of season ticket holders around Bristol. Quite clearly we are everywhere including massive numbers in the so say gas areas! Taking into account our season ticket numbers have gone up by about 40% since then, I’d confidently say the city is ours. 

I’ve never seen that visual before. 

It should be enough to send the Sags into meltdown!

If only it could be reproduced at today’s numbers..! 

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Be surprised if he's been hounded out of Portishead. Sounds like another one of Henbury Gas' whoppers to me. 

live in Portishead and was sat opposite  Matty with his partner in Costa on the Marina Saturday morning after Sheffield United game around  11.30am he was drinking a  Americano, seemed very relaxed, told him he made a difference coming on last night and wished him all the best for the rest of the season, he smile and said thanks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Someone once actually posted an image with Rovers support as well which showed the true gap in the levels of support

12 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Not seeing a lot of Rovers colours out and about, but I am seeing more Man City colours! Funny, that. Kid walking along the pavement by Blaise car park with his MCFC scarf yesterday. Can't for the life of me think why.......

He may have been heading for the children's play area.

• Like 1

What I find annoying/complicit with the whole sag, bitter, twisted and loyal and proved thing, is that almost every mouthy blue ******, actually doesn't attend any of their games.

Yes, I know regulars that do follow most home and a lot of away games, but they're still pretty stupid at accepting the facts.

At least they support their team. 

As for the one's that hate the shit heads and all that they are but don't actually attend games, I would like to break your umbrella then hope it rains!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think the only places I would still consider sag only are Horfield and Eastville. The rest is so City dominated its scary.

Lets not forget the barren landscape of old industrial Avonmouth; looking at Red Raw's posting of that brilliant map below we can safely say that those chemical complexes of Avonmouth are Gas lands. Literally and figuratively. They do like living up to their name it seems. 

I notice there is a Zinc Road, The Esso Terminal, a Household waste centre and even Portable Toilets Ltd off St Andrews Road so now we know. Not a single City season ticket holder in that wasteland; its all Gas.

5 hours ago, RedRaw said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harrys said:

Someone once actually posted an image with Rovers support as well which showed the true gap in the levels of support

If you mean this one then that’s not the rovers equivalent........this comes from the same planning documents and shows city’s non-season ticket fans

0333E0C8-42CD-4015-91F9-8E1F987DA691.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

this one from hugo?

Most parents I know are choosing The Franchise over us to take thier kids to their first game.

5 parents from HTYs football team have been to the Stadium of sh**e for their first ever match this year.

We are so far behind now that we will be little more than an afterthought in a couple of generations unless we do something quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

this one from hugo?

Most parents I know are choosing The Franchise over us to take thier kids to their first game.

5 parents from HTYs football team have been to the Stadium of sh**e for their first ever match this year.

We are so far behind now that we will be little more than an afterthought in a couple of generations unless we do something quickly.

Everyone knew this would happen even the gasheads, that's why they were so desperate to get the UWE.

As Much as the purists would love it to be otherwise, it's not all about the football for the 21st century fan it's about "the event" and that's where the stadium has allowed us to move streets ahead of the Gas.

38 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

this one from hugo?

"Do something quickly?"

Does Hugo not listen to Wael and Hamer?

After three, one two three:

IT TAKES TIME!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

this one from hugo?

That was indeed the one.

However the Gashead here has overlooked the fact that 5 parents equal one child. And all 6 of them live in the same house as they're all related.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Everyone knew this would happen even the gasheads, that's why they were so desperate to get the UWE.

As Much as the purists would love it to be otherwise, it's not all about the football for the 21st century fan it's about "the event" and that's where the stadium has allowed us to move streets ahead of the Gas.

I expect another factor in them choosing AG is that they get to spend time during their kids football match chatting to a Saghead on the touch line and they’ve probably thought “like **** am I letting my kids sit in a tent with you Sags on a Saturday afternoon”.

We’ve got the best of both Worlds at AG, a fantastic stadium with over a century of history. With a lot of people a quirky kit and a nickname which could suggest to outsiders that you stink doesn’t really cut it. Keep up the good work Wally and co.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

they have 5000 season ticket holders we have over 15000, ie the city ration must be 3-1 in favour of city

Yeah, but.... um.... they take more away than us and, um..... if they had a 40,000 seater stadium they’d fill it regularly. 

We’ve only had better crowds than them recently. You know, over the last 50 years or so..!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, but.... um.... they take more away than us and, um..... if they had a 40,000 seater stadium they’d fill it regularly. 

We’ve only had better crowds than them recently. You know, over the last 50 years or so..!

Indeed; you only have to look at their away following to see that actually they are the best supported club in Bristol and people only ever come to Ashton Gate after being locked out at The Memorial Ground.  In actual fact I'm only posting on here because I have been banned by Gaschat.

In other news Bristol Rovers' new club song has been announced:

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don't forget the 40,000 they took to Wembley. You know. That 40,000 - the 40,000 who all travelled and attended a game with only about 30,000 in attendance.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Indeed; you only have to look at their away following to see that actually they are the best supported club in Bristol and people only ever come to Ashton Gate after being locked out at The Memorial Ground.  In actual fact I'm only posting on here because I have been banned by Gaschat.

In other news Bristol Rovers' new club song has been announced:

I think ‘I know it’s over’ may be more appropriate.

Edit: or maybe ‘I started something I couldn’t finish’

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

This makes for a decent read. One of theirs has it spot on, 'protesting because City are near the Prem'! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11269/mk-dons-brfc-crossroad

They won't get a Stadium MK, probably not even the hockey stadium Mk used to play in as THEY COST MONEY!

At least some on there realise it's not just about the seats and capacity, moreso the additional revenue streams MK (and us now) have which is probably what made the UWE a crap deal for them. Without the non matchday stuff, having the UWE would have made next to no difference to their revenues apart from having a shiny stadium, just to play in while UWE reaped the benefits.

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

“I need a little time” by the beautiful south?

”I need a little time to think it over, I need a little time to do what’s right”

Not bad but Ill raise you...

Until the 12th of never, Johnny Mathis. 'Until the Twelfth of Never and that's a long, long time'. :)

Edited by Ska Junkie

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This makes for a decent read. One of theirs has it spot on, 'protesting because City are near the Prem'! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11269/mk-dons-brfc-crossroad

They won't get a Stadium MK, probably not even the hockey stadium Mk used to play in as THEY COST MONEY!

At least some on there realise it's not just about the seats and capacity, moreso the additional revenue streams MK (and us now) have which is probably what made the UWE a crap deal for them. Without the non matchday stuff, having the UWE would have made next to no difference to their revenues apart from having a shiny stadium, just to play in while UWE reaped the benefits.

wow some actual intelligence on that forum, its a Christmas miracle 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1