IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I expect another factor in them choosing AG is that they get to spend time during their kids football match chatting to a Saghead on the touch line and they’ve probably thought “like **** am I letting my kids sit in a tent with you Sags on a Saturday afternoon”.

We’ve got the best of both Worlds at AG, a fantastic stadium with over a century of history. With a lot of people a quirky kit and a nickname which could suggest explains to outsiders that you stink doesn’t really cut it. Keep up the good work Wally and co.

fixed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

This makes for a decent read. One of theirs has it spot on, 'protesting because City are near the Prem'! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11269/mk-dons-brfc-crossroad

For me Bristol rovers are at a crossraod, one way will either allow us to progress to a sustainable club, or the other to our eventual extinction. I say this because we are, as much as people hate to admit it massively effected by our friends across the river. I talk in terms of future potential generations of fans. At the moment we are tinpot...yes I said it, but we do offset that by only being one league behind, plus if we had plans to build a new stadium, regardless of our league position we would capture the hearts of Bristol’s youth by having the underdog appeal. If we were in the championship but still at the Mem we would match their level thus also attracting future fans. Even if they got promoted to the prem and we stayed in league 1 but still had the prospect of a new state of the art ground, we would still recruit support. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

This makes for a decent read. One of theirs has it spot on, 'protesting because City are near the Prem'! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11269/mk-dons-brfc-crossroad

They won't get a Stadium MK, probably not even the hockey stadium Mk used to play in as THEY COST MONEY!

At least some on there realise it's not just about the seats and capacity, moreso the additional revenue streams MK (and us now) have which is probably what made the UWE a crap deal for them. Without the non matchday stuff, having the UWE would have made next to no difference to their revenues apart from having a shiny stadium, just to play in while UWE reaped the benefits.

I didn't think there was place for reasoned logic on their forum.

Anything that suggests we might, possibly, be doing okay seems to result in the poster being called a Ted before they then get banned.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

For me Bristol rovers are at a crossraod, one way will either allow us to progress to a sustainable club, or the other to our eventual extinction. I say this because we are, as much as people hate to admit it massively effected by our friends across the river. I talk in terms of future potential generations of fans. At the moment we are tinpot...yes I said it, but we do offset that by only being one league behind, plus if we had plans to build a new stadium, regardless of our league position we would capture the hearts of Bristol’s youth by having the underdog appeal. If we were in the championship but still at the Mem we would match their level thus also attracting future fans. Even if they got promoted to the prem and we stayed in league 1 but still had the prospect of a new state of the art ground, we would still recruit support. 

Personally can't think of many youngsters attracted by the underdog appeal, they want to support winners, hence the Barca and Manchester shirts that proliferate. 

Also he seems to be stuck in the idea that kids only turn up for the football, the idea that they would choose to go to a ground with no facilities, over the gate is laughable.

Maybe he hasn't seen it and has no idea how far ahead we are in standards?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Personally can't think of many youngsters attracted by the underdog appeal, they want to support winners, hence the Barca and Manchester shirts that proliferate. 

Also he seems to be stuck in the idea that kids only turn up for the football, the idea that they would choose to go to a ground with no facilities, over the gate is laughable.

Maybe he hasn't seen it and has no idea how far ahead we are in standards?

As for matching our level at the Mem? Yeah, right, of course they would! :facepalm:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

from our mate henbury

Remind me how long it took Brighton to get their new stadium..

All aspects of planning permissions and applications there of take a little thing called....... TIME

it has only being a few weeks since the UWE project was dropped and you expect results by now

The club have been active in the background  seeking opinion from both our Mayor of Bristol and the locals near the stadium. All this information plus loads of other stuff like Traffic plans etc need to resolved before a coherent plan can be put before the council

So its a case of Wait and see at the moment 

Rovers have been waiting for a new ground since 1986 or 31 years, 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

from our mate henbury

Remind me how long it took Brighton to get their new stadium..

All aspects of planning permissions and applications there of take a little thing called....... TIME

it has only being a few weeks since the UWE project was dropped and you expect results by now

The club have been active in the background  seeking opinion from both our Mayor of Bristol and the locals near the stadium. All this information plus loads of other stuff like Traffic plans etc need to resolved before a coherent plan can be put before the council

So its a case of Wait and see at the moment 

Rovers have been waiting for a new ground since 1986 or 31 years, 

Essentially, £93M helped. There's the difference in a proper football club and the methane snorters up the road! They seem to have overlooked the financial aspect. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Apart from the fact the MK ground’s possibly the most soul destroying place in the world, it makes Colchester’s look charismatic.

Yep, absolutely the most dispassionate hellhole of a stadium, lacks any sort of character. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Apart from the fact the MK ground’s possibly the most soul destroying place in the world, it makes Colchester’s look charismatic.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep, absolutely the most dispassionate hellhole of a stadium, lacks any sort of character. 

and e mentions that to be fair, his point is about all the things that go with creating external revenue streams

• Like 2

belter of the week,

No you thick lady garden we don't disperse it we laugh at it as its tiny compared to our core support you thick cock

peterhooper57
First Team

peterhooper57 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 462 posts
8 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by peterhooper57 on 8 minutes ago

We have a fantastic core support, it is the one thing we have which the S*** despise. Without our support there is no BRFC. I must admit when Waq & Nani rolled into town I thought the future would be rosy; unfortunately, what they meant by "slow evolution" is they would buy the club and its debt and then moth ball it until they can move it on at a profit, based on possible potential.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

belter of the week,

No you thick lady garden we don't disperse it we laugh at it as its tiny compared to our core support you thick cock

peterhooper57
First Team

peterhooper57 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 462 posts
8 minutes ago
Post Options

We have a fantastic core support, it is the one thing we have which the S*** despise. Without our support there is no BRFC. I must admit when Waq & Nani rolled into town I thought the future would be rosy; unfortunately, what they meant by "slow evolution" is they would buy the club and its debt and then moth ball it until they can move it on at a profit, based on possible potential.

Just when you think they can’t get any thicker,up pops another belter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Personally, there are many things about the gas that I despise but their support pales into insignificance compared to ours so it's irrelevant! Even Sky said on the tele, during the 'Boro match (I watched it again, how sad am I), that our support is loud so why would we be jealous of 7,000 people getting wet watching hoofball on a quagmire, in a sh1t stadium when we regularly have over 20,000 enjoying Championship football, on a bowling green, in luxury? :dunno:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The UWE that you wanted bad

Has gone for good, I hope your sad.

Sag into unsag

(To the tune of "It's Over" by Roy Orbison)

Sheikh Hani doesn't love you anymore.......

Goodbye to the old Tote End

There's no money left to spend

The UWE isn't happening anymore

Irene time for you to die

See Gas Scum now the end is nigh

Sheikh Hani doesn't want you anymore 

It's Over

It's time for the blue few

To drop into League Two

But oh what will you do

When Wael say's to you

That Clarke is through, we're in the poo, the poo

It's Over

It's Over

It's Over

No more highlights shown on Sky

When you kiss the league goodbye 

You won't be "coming for us" anymore 

Administration comes to call

Al-Qadi's left you with sod all

They sold your ground for houses after all 

It's Over, It's Over, It's Over,

BRISTOL ROVERS.......

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

belter of the week,

peterhooper57
First Team

peterhooper57 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 462 posts
8 minutes ago
Post Options

Where was their fantastic hard core at the last game at the dog track?

His dad should have had a five knuckle shuffle.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

belter of the week,

peterhooper57
First Team

peterhooper57 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 462 posts
8 minutes ago
Post Options

**** me, when did Nani join the Sags??????

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Couldn't find it on a search but this swedish flag from the 3 lions flag day is impressive:

8694817765_1ca7a6949c_c.jpg

Assume it's something to do with our Swedish contingent, very impressive indeed.

PS: I've run out of likes again. Anyone else having this problem all of a sudden?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Yet that stadium obviously appeals to some. Remember when England was bidding to host the World Cup? MK was placed in the South West group of grounds that would be considered as match venues. At a guess IF England had bribed more, sorry had been selected to host the World Cup, MK being in the South West would have been preferred to AG (perhaps cuz it's closer to London)

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Assume it's something to do with our Swedish contingent, very impressive indeed.

PS: I've run out of likes again. Anyone else having this problem all of a sudden?

Same

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yep, first time I've run out but I'm a miserable bugger so may have been limited for some time and not known.

Same

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

This may be true, but the only time I've been there I was with 5,000 others, so the atmosphere was OK. 
Plus , although we did stand the whole game , at my age I appreciate the availability of a comfy seat now and then #ooo,paddedseats,nice!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, but.... um.... they take more away than us and, um..... if they had a 40,000 seater stadium they’d fill it regularly. 

We’ve only had better crowds than them recently. You know, over the last 50 years or so..!

All apart from about 11 seasons, and then their bigger attendances were only by relatively small margins.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

belter of the week,

peterhooper57
First Team

peterhooper57 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 462 posts
8 minutes ago
Post Options

That’s bollocks actually, I despise nearly everything about their club not just their 5000 or so ‘die hards’.

55 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Weird one, but am I imagining a large Swedish flag with "Ikea took the Tote End" on it that used to do the rounds? If not I need to get it made!

There is/was a flag/banner with ‘Ikea took the Tote End’...can’t remember whether it was a Swedish Flag or just on a plain background.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

There is/was a flag/banner with ‘Ikea took the Tote End’...can’t remember whether it was a Swedish Flag or just on a plain background.

Knew I wasn't making it up, be good to see it out and about on matchdays more often.