IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Funny they don’t mention their amazing support. When they take a taxi full.

It is strange.

Give them an big ex Prem ground to visit for the first time in 30 years and all of a sudden they all make an effort and everyone gushes over their ‘amazing’ support. :laughcont:

In the New Year Sky have gifted us a couple of shit journeys North for televised Friday night games where our numbers will be lower than if they’d stayed as they were. The deluded idiots will be back out in force so it’ll be worth keeping a screenshot of their 150 to Gillingham.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cityal said:

As promised I have updated the chart I made based on the excellent suggestion by @RedRaw

Attendances.thumb.jpg.3be6b1ed8587827cfd62233744378777.jpg

As with last time the main thing to be aware of is that this chart shows attendance differences expressed as a percentage of the lower attendance in any given year in the dataset.

0 on the left-hand scale means exactly equal attendances in that season (i.e. 0% percent difference)
100 means the higher club got double the average attendance of the lower club that season (i.e 100% difference of the lower club)
200 means the higher club got triple the average attendance of the lower club

The other thing I did not mention is that I believe the data maybe relates to league attendances only?

The source data used for this can be found at
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm and 
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

I was also asked by @1982 if i could express this as a pie chart - I don't think that is so relevant for attendance difference and will work better for just the raw attendance figures - If i can find good data on the division sizes over time i could multiply out the average attendance by home games that season to get an actual number of people through the turnstiles - now that would make for some fun graphics and charts. 

So, since England won the World Cup (yes, we did, kiddies, ask your granddad) the Gas have had better attendances than us precisely once. They're coming for us, right?

17 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Apart from the "they got lucky " bit,absolutely bang on.

17 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Common sense being spoken  over there........

" Truth is we may think we are rivals but, football-wise, infrastructure and all other departments APART from fan loyalty, they are so far ahead of us that they are right in having a laugh at our expense and especially when you read we are coming for you :laugh:. 
They have an owner who puts his money where his mouth is, kept his nerve in the manager and is now reaping the benefits. 
From the report today, they got lucky but we had two very lucky promotions so we know a bit about that. 
The only rivalry is from the past in reality. I may not like it but that’s the absolute truth. 

Still a lot of football to be played though but I feel we are on the cusp of the 70’s when they got to the old 1st division and we were 3rd tier. 
Faithful & true, we shall see
  "

Loyalty my arse! Attendances say otherwise. We 

7 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'd agree with most of what you say SJ, but I actually quite like Loftus Road. There are a lot of restricted views seats agreed, but I like the way everything is packed in so tight and is a ground with character, capable of creating a really hostile atmosphere.

All about opinions Rich and I respect yours. Personally, I don't think there are many worse than LR. It's uncomfortable, the view is poor from the top tier and it needs updating. That's just my opinion but I understand the 'tightness' point. In comparison to many grounds in the Championship I just think it's one of the poorer stadiums nowadays.

• Like 2

May 1982 City's last game before dropping into Div 4 was home to Chester with an attendance of 3,200.

City v York October 1983. Over 10,000 turned up at AG for a midweek Div 4 game. Last day of that season City had to send some of their own Stewards to Chester to help marshal the large crowd of travelling City fans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It is the news that the world has been waiting for ...

Rovers Gnomes Back in Stock in the Club Shop

Large

The popular Bristol Rovers Gnomes are now back on sale from the Club Shop.

Just in time for Christmas, the Gnomes are currently available in the Club Shop priced at £17.50.

All profits will go to Wael Al-Qadi's CamelWorld Adventure Park in Jordan with any money left over being spent on painting the toilets at the Mem.

The Christmas Shop at the Mem will be open until 7pm next Thursday for supporters to purchase any last minute Christmas gifts. To view the opening hours of the Club Shop over the festive period, please click HERE.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/gnomebackinstock/

If i walked past a house with one of those in the garden it might have to lose its head :whistle:

5 hours ago, 22A said:

May 1982 City's last game before dropping into Div 4 was home to Chester with an attendance of 3,200.

City v York October 1983. Over 10,000 turned up at AG for a midweek Div 4 game. Last day of that season City had to send some of their own Stewards to Chester to help marshal the large crowd of travelling City fans.

I was at Chester that day

2 minutes ago, publandlord said:

So was I, biggest memory was the Chester PA announcer inviting all city fans onto the pitch to applaud our team. Can you imagine a similar invitation in today's football?

Was there too...remember a banner saying...'so Jesus said come forth...and so we did'!  Think it was Trevor Morgan who got both goals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, publandlord said:

So was I, biggest memory was the Chester PA announcer inviting all city fans onto the pitch to applaud our team. Can you imagine a similar invitation in today's football?

What a day that was, City WERE on the way back! It was a small step I suppose but it didn't half mean a lot. 

EDIT: I was thinking of Chester away when we went up not down, at Sealand road.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Can’t copy it but has anyone seen that video placed on FB yesterday of pathetic gasheads all in Christmas jumpers singing:

”City, wherever you may be....you ain’t got no history.....you were born in 1982...that’s why no-one’s heard of you...”

It took me a long time to stop laughing, to breathe deeply and return to my merlot....then I had to watch it again, just to check I hadn’t imagined it...then I realised it was real....oh dear, oh my, oh God, they are a funny breed.....

• Haha 4

What a scummy lot the mods are on Gaschat

Some one posted this yesterday, and it's still there - Robin is a queer - FFS it's 2018 almost.

Homophobic, knuckle-dragging bunch of pond scum.

Racism every game, posters putting up homophobic 'Christmas Carols" on their website, and they have the cheek to wonder why younger people won't attend Rovers games.

Well Gaschat, it's probably because people can read the foul tripe written by your supporters and are disgusted by it.

"jingle bells
batman smells
robin is a queer
we all come from Bristol down
to wreck you ******* pier"

The above is the actual post  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11281/christmas-carols   and 48 hours later, it's still there............

If I was a club employee, I would be horrified that the main supporters site posts this kind of stuff.

Putrid people from a disgraceful club.

Shameful. The whole bloody website should be closed down, or at least the poster banned, and the mods sacked.

This crap died out years ago at AG, but no, at BRFC, homophobia, racism and Britain First still call the mem home.

The sooner that club FOAD, the better for all concerned.

The gap between the forums is as wide as the gap between the football clubs.

Sorry, but this stuff makes my piss boil....  :grr:

• Like 2