Small Premiership, very far away Premiership

Small Championship, very far away Championship

Small new stadium, very far away new stadium

Small santa's grotto, errr, actually quite close santa's grotto

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Using very short and simple words...

"You see, Gashead, that is the Premiership, and it is very far away."

Immediately thought of this moment. Dougal may actually be a bit brighter than most of the blue few.

Edited by SimonR
A mystery...
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is the Home Alone movie poster just mirroring the Rovers fans when they look at the current championship table, or is it depicting anyone who might be visiting the Mem for the first time tonight..?! 

E2002F1B-8207-4BA3-88C6-DAD347D69EDF.jpeg

Typically they're "locked out", so definitely Gasheads!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, redcityman said:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Reverse Team

Member is Online

Posting Level
Next Level in 364 posts
15 minutes ago via mobile QuotePost by bradfordmeyerbiggs on 15 minutes ago
It will be 4-0 to Man Utd. Plastic supporters will be jumping up to celebrate all round Trashton Gate. All the Ted's will be totally deflated and we can seize our chance to completely take the piss out of the lady

Ah yes, take the piss all you like sat from your lofty position of 16th in league one with the most goals conceded, thrashed by a team who have only won once at home previously, still it's a chance to put a smile on your face after all one can guarantee it wont be long before your club gives us all another laugh, it's what your club does best. 

—————————————————————————————————-

Just putting this video out there for any visiting gas heads, job done, should keep em quiet:yawn:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

You mean this hasn't sold out...?!? 

How many consecutive non-sell outs is that at the Mem now? I assume the run stretches back to Colin 'God in a Rovers Shirt' Daniel's last appearance there? 

Best player Rovers ever had. Became a legend after making just one appearance!

IMG_3331.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

So they will claim the moral high ground by taking the piss out of a club, 3rd in the Championship playing in the 1/4 finals of a major cup competition against possibly the biggest club in the world at a sold out, state of the art stadium with a crowd they can only dream of, if we lose? This is in a competition in which they are the only club in history to lose in a qualifying round and weren't even allowed to enter a few years ago.

I keep trying to understand their logic but, after over 40 years, I should know it's impossible! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

You mean this hasn't sold out...?!? 

How many consecutive non-sell outs is that at the Mem now? I assume the run stretches back to Colin 'God in a Rovers Shirt' Daniel's last appearance there? 

Please tell me this is a joke ? 

This is cringeworthingly embarrassing 

Can someone please record this for posterity, or until next week when they do something even dumber 

9 hours ago, archie andrews said:

sums those bitter horsepunching ***** up in one sentence........sooner they go bust and disappear the better and **** anyone who defends them

Well said and seconded. Hope they enjoyed watching that and the refrains of “Matty Taylor is a Red.”

The real reason Marshfield Gash goes camping with those two is they share hobbies. A few years ago him, Savile and Glitter walked into a pub and an old Irish fella at the bar goes -

“Oh no! Not Yewtree again!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ForeverRed said:

What an assist by our £10M player ;)

Would Matty Taylor have ever dreamed 12 months ago and whilst living in his tiny Emersons Green house and wearing the blue quarters that a year later he would be providing the assist (and what an assist) to help his team beat the biggest (financially) team in the world, Manchester United.

Non league to premier league dreams, but perhaps all his dreams might just come true (fingers crossed) in the months to come?

• Like 3

Reality is beginning to dawn for some of the blue few....

So I will mention it. City vs Man U. I watched it. And I thoroughly enjoyed the game. It was a cracker. All great goals and City absolutely deserved it. Joe Bryan is an absolutely fantastic full back and his goal was world class. Congrats to them. Have to say LJ has got them playing and they have great momentum carrying them forward.

But the stadium is one of the key components in driving them forward. It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing but it offers everything needed to push that club forward, and full up like it was tonight with a big team, that will only draw more Bristolians to them. 

You cannot underestimate what a new stadium would absolutely do for us and we need one within 3 years minimum or I don’t think we will ever come out of the shadow of City. We will become the Notts County of Bristol, always looking over the other side of town at their ground and accomplishments. 

I really hope our owners were watching at the gate tonight to see what we need, why we need it so badly and why we need it quickly. We will miss out a whole generation of football fans. They talk about evolution, but sometimes you also need to look at and focus on the present. Presently, City have a real shout of the prem and if they achieve that, I don’t think we will ever have the same share of the spoils again. Presently we have a ramshackle of a ground with no prospects of even building one and stagnating in L1. 

A real reality check.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11303/elephant-room

18 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

The ones I know are nice enough people, but for some reason when talking about the 15ers they seem to suddenly become bumbling idiots who make one ridiculously stupid comment after another. It's a strange phenomenon, which I don't think I've come across with any other team at such a universal level. Would you agree with my assessment @The turtle?

Nail on the head!