IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They are SAVED!

Apparently they have 10,000 supporters who can contribute a regular monthly amount towards a 25million quid stadium. 

Or at least, one of them claims.

Now, unless I'm wrong, most commercial loans generally charge interest, most generally expect loans to be secured against an asset to which a charge can be made and generally, to get credit, you need to be over 18.

So, we now understand the entire fewers fans base.

All over 18.

All homeowners with no mortgage.

All happy to pay commercial rates on a 25 year commitment (regardless of their age).

All happy to lose their homes if it all goes breasts North.

Now, far be it for me to pick this convincing case apart, but.... 

Hahahahaha.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, they have been using out of date tactics and their manager is well past his “Best Before” date. 

The whole place is starting to fester, rot away from the core and needs disposing of at the local dump. 

Funny you should say that - one of the ones questioning the messiah (there are quite a few now) did say in one of his posts that a fish rots from the head down!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`re over there at delusion central banging on about the catering again - they reckon the stalls had run out of virtually everything well before kick off. That sounds to me like a company just buying in what they think they`ll get away with no allowance for extra.

Oh, and one of them said they were still selling out of date crisps.

That's definitely bad news considering the pathetically small crowd they had. Couldn't cater for 8300, that's poor planning.

Edited by Port Said Red

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

That' definitely bad news considering the pathetically small crowd they had. Couldn't cater for 8300, that's poor planning.

It is isn`t it? It`s like when you go into a shop and the shelves are half empty and two weeks later it`s boarded up.

I honestly believe things are far, far worse over there than even we can begin to imagine.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`re over there at delusion central banging on about the catering again - they reckon the stalls had run out of virtually everything well before kick off. That sounds to me like a company just buying in what they think they`ll get away with no allowance for extra.

We had a corner shop years ago that did this, bought cheap stock with just a month or 2 left before it was going out of best before date - problem is you need to buy in bulk, so they were constantly falling foul of selling stuff out of date. To be fair though, crisp etc... it's not going to matter that much if it's a little beyond best before date.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We had a corner shop years ago that did this, bought cheap stock with just a month or 2 left before it was going out of best before date - problem is you need to buy in bulk, so they were constantly falling foul of selling stuff out of date. To be fair though, crisp etc... it's not going to matter that much if it's a little beyond best before date.

Agreed. I`m constantly having to stop Mrs RRH throwing stuff like that out as it`s a week past. The thing with this is though, they were pulled up for it a few weeks back and are still doing it. I also get the impression that it`s not just a couple of weeks past it`s date - lets face it, who looks at the date on a bag of crisps unless they taste funny.

16 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Crisps that are a week or 2 out of date won’t hurt anyone. The fact they are needing to sell crisps that are out of date possibly sums up just how bad things are over there. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I honestly believe things are far, far worse over there than even we can begin to imagine.

As I've posted before; as a football fan I do not want any club to die. However as a City fan, I'll be content with Rovers becoming a mid table Western League side.

PERMANENTLY!

• Haha 3

Sad I know but had it confirmed that the club has not paid £12000 owed to my employers for 15 months work.  Something is dreadfully wrong financially, people cannot just not pay for services.  I will not divulge who I work for but can guarantee it is true.  The workforce has now been withdrawn because of non payment.  This is only the tip of the ice berg 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

This is Wetherspoons business model.

• Like 2

I can understand some foods slipping through the net being out of date that have short shelf life, but crisps FFS - go to the cash and carry and you will have at least a few months on them, within 4 or 5 home games you will know how many you roughly need to have in stock. It really ain't rocket science. Start p1ssing off your fans with lack of choice and out of date food and all they will do is spend their cash before the game elsewhere.

I am really worried about the future of this club.The lack of investment the daily run down of the club.Rising debts .Awful pitch.loss of UWE.No training ground development on the horizon.Our away form is terrible.The rumour of losing our best player in the pipeline pos going to city with his mate.
There doesn’t seem to be any good news anywhere to cheer us up.Wael and Hamer has gone really quiet giving us zero news that may be happening.I wouldn’t be surprised if the manager just walked away taking his back room staff with him- what’s here to keep him? Only his wages I feel really down thinking of the near future especially with what’s going on at City and having our noses rubbed in day in day what a great team they are I thinking of turning red .I have been supporting Rovers since 1962 I feel disalusioned at the moment.I suppose we are in league one which is a blessing but for now  div 2  awaits Sorry for being so negative but but the Alqadi family has drained me and the club as I thought they were the saviours.The £10m charge on the Mem also worries me.Why? Is this a sinister move?
We need to start winning away from home to take the pressure off DC . I can’t see where the next win is coming from. 

Yes Bristol Rob I taken this from gas chat and added some just to spice it up a bit 

well it is Christmas 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I am really worried about the future of this club.The lack of investment the daily run down of the club.Rising debts .Awful pitch.loss of UWE.No training ground development on the horizon.Our away form is terrible.The rumour of losing our best player in the pipeline pos going to city with his mate.
There doesn’t seem to be any good news anywhere to cheer us up.Wael and Hamer has gone really quiet giving us zero news that may be happening.I wouldn’t be surprised if the manager just walked away taking his back room staff with him- what’s here to keep him? Only his wages I feel really down thinking of the near future especially with what’s going on at City and having our noses rubbed in day in day what a great team they are I thinking of turning red .I have been supporting Rovers since 1962 I feel disalusioned at the moment.I suppose we are in league one which is a blessing but for now  div 2  awaits Sorry for being so negative but but the Alqadi family has drained me and the club as I thought they were the saviours.The £10m charge on the Mem also worries me.Why? Is this a sinister move?
We need to start winning away from home to take the pressure off DC . I can’t see where the next win is coming from. 

Yes Bristol Rob I taken this from gas chat and added some just to spice it up a bit 

well it is Christmas 

These things take time..........

I don't know why the Pathological Liars are worried about their finances and the £10m charge on the Mem.

As far as I know, the charge was taken out before they spruced up the carpets and curtains, installed a handful of sprinklers and added a new canopy to a doorway. Add all that together with a sprinkling of #gaslogic and the Mem is probably worth around £25m now surely?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

In commerce it is more profitable to sell out stock than to over order . If that upsets the customers then it's a bonus if those customers support the Gas. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In commerce it is more profitable to sell out stock than to over order . If that upsets the customers then it's a bonus if those customers support the Gas. 

I believe the Catering companies also provide services on the 9000 coaches that transport the Saddo's to away matches, so its no surprise that they can't keep enough stock.  :whistle2: :rofl2br:

1,103 15ers made the 89 mile trip to the very end of the M5 to see their gallant, jester-clad team battle for a 0-0 draw against the mighty, mid-table Walsall, swelling the Boxing Day crowd to a huge 5,759.

It's the unrivalled support given by the travelling 15er hoards which enable most of the clubs in League One to stay in business.

7 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

1,103 15ers made the 89 mile trip to the very end of the M5 to see their gallant, jester-clad team battle for a 0-0 draw against the mighty, mid-table Walsall, swelling the Boxing Day crowd to a huge 5,759.

It's the unrivalled support given by the travelling 15er hoards which enable most of the clubs in League One to stay in business.

To be fair that's a decent turn out to watch a shit team play another shit team in a shit ground. Even more so when your shit team play in a kit so shit you only like it if you've got shit in your eyes. Then your manager comes out and talks shit about the shit budget and the general shit going on in the shit back ground. The same shit ground that sells shit out of date food and pays its staff shit wages. And your shit owner has shit money because his job his shovelling camel shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

33 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

To be fair that's a decent turn out to watch a shit team play another shit team in a shit ground. Even more so when your shit team play in a kit so shit you only like it if you've got shit in your eyes. Then your manager comes out and talks shit about the shit budget and the general shit going on in the shit back ground. The same shit ground that sells shit out of date food and pays its staff shit wages. And your shit owner has shit money because his job his shovelling camel shit

....they get away with blue merde! 

• Like 4