IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Bristol Post is running an exciting new competition ....

The six big questions facing Bristol Rovers in 2018

When will work begin on the training ground?
What will a redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium look like?
Can the club keep hold of its best players?
Do Rovers have realistic Championship ambitions?
Will Clarke be given money to spend?
How do Rovers replace Bodin?

1) The Car Park is already under construction. 

2) Billy Smart's Circus

3) When Crawley come calling you can't really stand in their way.

4) If their Championship ambitions are never ever then yes!

5) Yes, but he has to pay for the GoOutdoors discount card out of his own money.

6) How much are lottery tickets these days? Ironically, a Preston player might inform Billy!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/six-big-questions-facing-bristol-1026311

Answers on a postcard and you could win a free ticket to watch them play ... second prize, two free tickets ... boom boom!

The honest answers...

1. When we cut and run, there will be some lovely houses on there.

2. Don't care, we won't be here, neither will r*vers.

3. If we can't sell them, I couldn't give a monkeys. The tramp can go back to begging if that's what you mean.

4. Survival ambitions would be more apt after we strip anything of any value and go back to Jordan.

5. Redundancy? No. we'll be long gone.

6. I wouldn't worry, he won't need replacing anyway.

• Like 1

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/six-big-questions-facing-bristol-1026311

Answers on a postcard and you could win a free ticket to watch them play ... second prize, two free tickets ... boom boom!

1) When they complete the signing of Taylor. No, not Matty. Taylor Wimpy.

2) A never ending succession of plans, artist impressions and consultants designed to keep the fans happy until the family sod off back to Jordan

3) They have 'best' players? Really?

4) Any well ran club has a realistic chance of championship football so in a word, no.

5) Yes, a tenner to get a round in the supporters club bar.

6) The priorities are in date crisps, new bogs and a new pasty hut. These things take time.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ah, Cathy, one of our own, who believe it or not lives in c*** road :laugh:

Alas, no more. Her and Phil moved a couple of years ago!

No more stretch limos with young ladies in their underwear climbing out! My poor dog got tired of walking up and down C*** road!

Edited by Old Rascal
Name of road
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The costs were outstripping the earnings.....Not surprised as they had that woman with her hands in the til every 5 minutes! £176k equates to about 50 years worth of Tinpot merchandise sales. Bet365, William Hill and Ladbrokes have since issued profit warnings!

A very sad story.

I knew the woman and her children when I was younger; lovely people and obviously staunch Rovers supporters.

The woman was a volunteer worker and suffered from an addiction, as I am sure do many on this forum, and she has arranged to reimburse the Supporters Club for the financial loss suffered by selling her family home.

Without wishing in any way to excuse or condone her actions, perhaps a bit of sympathy, even empathy, might be in order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very sad story.

I knew the woman and her children when I was younger; lovely people and obviously staunch Rovers supporters.

The woman was a volunteer worker and suffered from an addiction, as I am sure do many on this forum, and she has arranged to reimburse the Supporters Club for the financial loss suffered by selling her family home.

Without wishing in any way to excuse or condone her actions, perhaps a bit of sympathy, even empathy, might be in order.

Fair shout Phil, don’t know the lady personally but do know that her addiction is a terribly destructive one which is often overlooked

They used to rent two shops on the Gloucester Rd. The directors complained that the supporters shops didn't contribute enough money for the football club. The supporters club claimed that they couldn't pay any more to the club because they were being charged something like £100k per year in rent, adjacent shops of similar size were available for £20k. Surprisingly, the shops were owned by a shifty character from only fools and horses, Boycey I think his name was, not sure if he was one of those directors.

33 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Just in case there might be a few of the few browsing this thread, this is not the Memorial Ground;

Etihad Stadium general.jpg

Well that's obvious, this is a football stadium.

The memorial ground is a rugby ground. No amount of sheds, tents or the odd cricket pavilion will ever turn it into anything else.