IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very sad story.

I knew the woman and her children when I was younger; lovely people and obviously staunch Rovers supporters.

The woman was a volunteer worker and suffered from an addiction, as I am sure do many on this forum, and she has arranged to reimburse the Supporters Club for the financial loss suffered by selling her family home.

Without wishing in any way to excuse or condone her actions, perhaps a bit of sympathy, even empathy, might be in order.

I was merely stating my opinion of why they needed to close.

Nothing against the woman, but the fact was that she was stealing from the club to fund her addiction.

It just happened to Rovers who are skint anyway and obviously can't afford to lose that sort of money and continue running the supporters club shop.

Absolutely hope that the lady can sort out her gambling issues. Addiction is immensely destructive.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Bristol Post is running an exciting new competition ....

The six big questions facing Bristol Rovers in 2018

When will work begin on the training ground?
What will a redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium look like?
Can the club keep hold of its best players?
Do Rovers have realistic Championship ambitions?
Will Clarke be given money to spend?
How do Rovers replace Bodin?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/six-big-questions-facing-bristol-1026311

Answers on a postcard and you could win a free ticket to watch them play ... second prize, two free tickets ... boom boom!

I know the answer to question two;

It will look exactly like it does now but just like with UWE, the Post will use some ridiculously far fetched, "pie in the sky" image for absolutely ages after it is ever likely to have been realistic..

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Bristol Post is running an exciting new competition ....

The six big questions facing Bristol Rovers in 2018

When will work begin on the training ground?
What will a redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium look like?
Can the club keep hold of its best players?
Do Rovers have realistic Championship ambitions?
Will Clarke be given money to spend?
How do Rovers replace Bodin?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/six-big-questions-facing-bristol-1026311

Answers on a postcard and you could win a free ticket to watch them play ... second prize, two free tickets ... boom boom!

I think question 3 was resoundingly answered in the negative last week when PNE waved their chequebook. 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I think question 3 was resoundingly answered in the negative last week when PNE waved their chequebook. 

The story was that the r*vers board were so impressed by it.

They didn`t think banks allowed football clubs to have cheque books, at least that`s what their bank manager told them. He did let Wally have a contactless payment card with a £30 limit on it though.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Shutters up already :gasmask:

xxxxxxx.JPG

Think this is the answer to their problems. Replacement shop. Even has a trough to tempt in the horses for punching. If they look hard enough they may even find a new place to train down there.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-bristol-42601750/secret-victorian-street-buried-under-the-packhorse-in-bristol

Some brilliant posts from them on their 26 page thread about how far we are above them

Apparently they are going to watch the game tonight to see us get thumped so they can laugh at us about it and apparently, according to one highly deluded sag, the difference between us isn't actually that large.... 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11303/elephant-room?page=26

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently they are going to watch the game tonight to see us get thumped so they can laugh at us about it

Just think; if after both legs an ET, the scores are tied between us and Man C, it will go to penalties.

If we win the shoot out, gasheads will claim we were lucky and it was ONLY pens. If Man C go through, they'll rejoice at City being thrashed.

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Some brilliant posts from them on their 26 page thread about how far we are above them

Apparently they are going to watch the game tonight to see us get thumped so they can laugh at us about it and apparently, according to one highly deluded sag, the difference between us isn't actually that large.... 

MIND THE F****** GAP.

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The difference between us is at least four digits.

That's 2 fingers and 2 toes that I know of.

2 hours ago philbemmygasbrfcdom, and 2 more like this
Post Options
2 hours ago philbemmygasbrfcdom, and 2 more like this
Post Options

Post by peterparker on 2 hours ago

gashead1981 Avatar
knowall Avatar
5 hours ago  knowall said:

We were closer to a stadium under Higgs than we currently are under the ALQ's.  There is no stadium at all currently.

in what way?

We never had the money to build it under NH

Is someone going to tell the poor deluded fool? There is no money at all!

Edited by Flounder

Rovers fans taking up their usual position...in the shadows, sneering at their bigger, better neighbours.

Never reached a major cup semi final themselves, I’ve a feeling they’ll enjoy tonight but we’ve done ourselves proud.

Nearly 8k City fans there tonight and another full house back at AG for the 2nd leg no matter what the score. Superb support again and fantastic stuff from our club, staff and players.

My kids will remember being part of the crowd for that Man Utd victory forever, their kids will remember watching it on telly and Daddy throwing a wobbly when Smith scored the winner in the 93rd minute.

Thank God I’m red.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

It’s the desperation I love:

All the gappers in work are just wishing we get beaten 8-0, but knowing even if we do, that we’re STILL literally decades ahead of them in every way.

There’s banter and banter, but they know they’ll never have THIS.

COYR

53 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

My kids will remember being part of the crowd for that Man Utd victory forever, their kids will remember watching it on telly and Daddy throwing a wobbly when Smith scored the winner in the 93rd minute.

Wael has spoken of having had  similar experiences with his Dad at Chelsea.

But your words are said with a much deeper sincerity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Oops said:

It’s the desperation I love:

All the gappers in work are just wishing we get beaten 8-0, but knowing even if we do, that we’re STILL literally decades ahead of them in every way.

There’s banter and banter, but they know they’ll never have THIS.

COYR

The thing is, even if we lose 10-0 on aggregate we`ve made enough money from this cup run to keep them in business for a year or more.

They know this and hate it.

3 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Wael has spoken of having had  similar experiences with his Dad at Chelsea.

But your words are said with a much deeper sincerity.

Obviously there are some Gasheads who don't want to sit in the shadows forever but as you know Bert they get called a 'shithead' if they ask any questions of the owners.