IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They really are a weird bunch. No other football club in the entire world are like that. The word deluded gets banded around a lot when it comes to football but I can't think of a group of people more deserving of that moniker.

• Like 3

The game against Man City at Ashton Gate is our biggest game in a long time....well, yeah, it’s at least 3 weeks since we played Man Utd at the Gate.

Accuses us of lacking class but signs up to the forum of a Premiership club to beg for attention and whine about shit they don’t care about.

Standard needy Gashead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The game against Man City at Ashton Gate is our biggest game in a long time....well, yeah, it’s at least 3 weeks since we played Man Utd at the Gate.

Accuses us of lacking class but signs up to the forum of a Premiership club to beg for attention and whine about shit they don’t care about.

Standard needy Gashead.

you mean....total thick**** !

Something I noticed after we beat Man Utd and even more so after last nights result was the sheer number of posts on Social Media from fans of loads of different clubs saying how they hope we get promoted this year.

So many positive comments about our support and our team as well.

That must be really tough for Gasheads to read, especially as they desperately try to make out that everyone ******* hates us.

No wonder they’re bitter.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Judda said:

They're so far from us right now I don't even bother winding up my gas mates anymore... Kind of a shame...

Yep I hate the Gas for their behaviour in 82 and would love to see them go under (there'd no doubt be a phoenix club playing on the Downs for them to get excited about but at least we'll hopefully never see them again).

But I'm actually having to fake sympathy with a Gas colleague in work (thankfully only one in a thousand staff as far as I can tell!) because it seems cruel otherwise! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daored said:

What I don’t understand, why post on a team’s forum that has no link to either the player, buying or selling club. 

Because they are very, very unhappy, and very, very upset. Disturbed, even.

They are having to work harder and harder, and devote more time to, and go to greater and greater lengths, to maintain the unshakeable "truth" in their tiny little Banjo island minds, that Bristol "Shitty" are hated by every other club, have no atmosphere, no away support, and (etc, etc. You know the rest), as the national media love-in with all things Bristol City continues, and the evidence to the contrary of their gaslogic won't go away, and stacks up and gets ever more difficult to refute and to contest. 

It must be exhausting for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Because they are very, very unhappy, and very, very upset. Disturbed, even.

They are having to work harder and harder, and devote more time to, and go to greater and greater lengths, to maintain the unshakeable "truth" in their tiny little Banjo island minds, that Bristol "Shitty" are hated by every other club, have no atmosphere, no away support, and (etc, etc. You know the rest), as the national media love-in with all things Bristol City continues, and the evidence to the contrary of their gaslogic won't go away, and stacks up and gets ever more difficult to refute and to contest. 

It must be exhausting for them.

Are they all still threatening to boycott Sainsbury's and leave their filled up trollies near the check-outs :) that has been my favourite of theirs through the years...and, oh my, I imagine that it hit Sainsbury's where it hurts #ProfitWarning

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Standard needy Gashead.

I told my Rovers mates about this crayon drawing Gashead and they denied that he is anything to do with Rovers, he's just a Ted WUM in disguise as a faithful and truer.

Then they told me to **** off, turned on me and wanted a fight, saying that I just said what I said to them about GGMI just to wind them up about the Man City game.

Typical shithead**** they said.

Standard!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I told my Rovers mates about this crayon drawing Gashead and they denied that he is anything to do with Rovers, he's just a Ted WUM in disguise as a faithful and truer.

Then they told me to **** off, turned on me and wanted a fight, saying that I just said what I said to them about GGMI just to wind them up about the Man City game.

Standard!!!!!!

You could challange them to a bout under Queensbury rules. But then I don't suppose they would be able to get all those fingers into a boxing glove.:yawn:

6 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Standard!!!!!!

With "mates" like that, who needs enemas?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red7 said:

Realistically none of them have the skills needed to navigate a trolley around Sainsbury.

This is why their "relentless in the pursuit of excellence" - or, as they put it: "we're cumming for you" - thing, is taking a while longer than many of the Few first hoped

Edited by Jack Dawe

48 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

With "mates" like that, who needs enemas?

They can mention and joke about the "shit" to me, but I can't mention anything that they perceive could be taken the wrong way and get all uber defensive and aggressive.

This is standard behaviour of many Gasheads that I come across.

Even the odd compliment from some are through very gritted teeth and as soon as you are gone they unleash all their venom amongst their own patting each other on the back reassuring each other how much it is all the fault of Ted's and that they are the better and more loved Bristol team by neutrals the world over.

Their level of insecurity is astonishing.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

Their latest gripe is that the media are biased in our favour, particularly over the last few days when the local new is all about City. I kid you not! 

http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west

What 'news' from the minimal I wonder would compare with the proper Bristol club taking 8,620 (according to Steve L) fans to the semi final of a major domestic cup competition against the best team in the country? Out of date crisps? New pasty supplier? New ground (I'm being silly now obviously)?

WTF did they expect? As for GGMI on the Man City forum,  what a jealous, desperate loser he comes across as. Their only real hope of success is if we fail, pretty much sums them up TBH.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their latest gripe is that the media are biased in our favour, particularly over the last few days when the local new is all about City. I kid you not! 

What 'news' from the minimal I wonder would compare with the proper Bristol club taking 8,620 (according to Steve L) fans to the semi final of a major domestic cup competition against the best team in the country? Out of date crisps? New pasty supplier? New ground (I'm being silly now obviously)?

WTF did they expect? As for GGMI on the Man City forum,  what a jealous, desperate loser he comes across as. Their only real hope of success is if we fail, pretty much sums them up TBH.

That Bamber Gasgroin sounds like GGMI on the Man City forum, whinging and crying like a little brat.

Says he’s never seen so many football fans excited about losing a game before. He was probably one of the countless Gasheads who confidently predicted we’d get slaughtered 7 or 8 nil :laughcont:

Its not excitement about getting beat you ******* moron, it’s called PRIDE in the fact we held the best team in this country (one of the best in Europe) for 92 minutes when no one gave us a hope. 

Look at all the compliments our club and fans are getting in the media from people in the game and other clubs supporters, must be absolutely gutting for a Gashead to read it. Even if we get thumped in the home leg we’ve had a great time and done ourselves proud. 

Sad jealous Gashead.:rofl2br:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A rare moment of honesty on that thread:

I doubt David Garmston is even a football fan. City are doing well,they got the bigger following. So they're news.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53sk6gQbJ

I don't generally take any interest in what Rovers are up to. Yes, they were rivals of ours back in the day but we've not been in the same division for years and I'm not sure a team classes as a "rival" if

a) you never play them.

b) it's pretty evident you're a better team.

It's a bit like Salford United presenting themselves as rivals to Man United. It doesn't really make sense and I'm sure most Man United fans pay little attention to Salford do. 

However a Rovers fan who I went to school with, and who seems to have added me as a Facebook friend at some pointm, keeps sharing posts from the amazingly named "Bristol Rovers Banter page".

Take a look at this top quality "banter". Can't decide if it reminds me more of a seven year old in a playground or Gareth from the Office. Can't be arsed scrolling through their posts but I can only assume there is one suggesting we smell of wee as well...

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Haha 1

"People being all nice about 1982 obviously haven't done any research at all on their horrible record of violence, it's still the 1970's in and around that stadium on match days. Wonder how that Wolves supporter is who was hospitalised back in April? Will never apologise for saying this so often, it's a disgrace that they are allowed to use the crest of our City."

Ummm, Racism, boob cricket,horse punching,attacking opposition players,headbutting vans,attacking women and children ,,,,, shall i go on ?
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The Bristol Rovers Hall Of Fame

Dean Windass - Entered 2008

Sergio Aguero - Entered 2018

Leon Knight - Entered 2004

Wicky Lambert - Entered 2007

Wade Elliott (Player Removed) - Entered 2013, Removed 2015

Any Others?

Wael Al Quadi. Entered 2016. Removed 2017...?! 

• Like 1