IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I see Mr Bamber Gasgroin has suddenly quadrupled and more Steve Lansdown's investment in city then?

'
Enjoy the 20 place gap, bought with £400 million of Lansdown's money, shame he didn't want to pay tax on it, he thought it was more important to fund a football club than pay back into the society that created his wealth. You must be so proud.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ttxdJ49

What a cock!! 

I have a mate, good bloke but of late he's been spouting the party line. I'm going to have to block him on social media !!

This sort of thing really does wined me up, I know it shouldn't but it's the hypocrisy and stupidity. He would have paid tens of millions in tax  building his fortune. He's spent millions in the local area etc etc.  
That's one thing but do they not realise their club is owned by an offshore company FFS ??
They spout shite about spending millions on a stadium and in the next breath say we should have done the UWE and if not when do we upgrade the Mem . Hypocrites every moronic one of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their latest gripe is that the media are biased in our favour, particularly over the last few days when the local new is all about City. I kid you not! 

http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west

What 'news' from the minimal I wonder would compare with the proper Bristol club taking 8,620 (according to Steve L) fans to the semi final of a major domestic cup competition against the best team in the country? Out of date crisps? New pasty supplier? New ground (I'm being silly now obviously)?

WTF did they expect? As for GGMI on the Man City forum,  what a jealous, desperate loser he comes across as. Their only real hope of success is if we fail, pretty much sums them up TBH.

A Gas acquaintance of mine was moaning like that a few days after the Man U game.

”I see the local news is as biased as ever” he said.

While it will never ever happen, does he really think the local news would ignore the 15ers if they beat Man U to reach a cup quarter final? :rofl2br:

They are always the victims.

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it, there were threats against players and their families, then Trevor went bankrupt. 

This is part of what sickens me, all that money on a vanity project, and yet I've searched the internet and can't find anything about 1982 Ltd doing anything to make sure that the people who made that sacrifice back then are OK. We even had to organise the testimonial for Peter Aitken, that was at the same time as you lot were spending fifty million pounds on your ground. You bring shame on our great City. 

Not a single redeeming feature, horrible club, nasty support base, as evidenced by your arrogance. I'm glad there's a gap, it means I don't have to worry about your lot creating mayhem once a year at our place. Now, back under your rock, S'hed."

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ur3onVn

:D:D:D 

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

So they've just signed a striker with a 1 in 5 goalscoring ratio in the conference... 

They really are coming for us

Whilst it looks likely we have signed two players from the Merseyside giants....”Bristol City, we’re coming for you...”  #TickTock

Sing along Darrell, you know this one...

40 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it, there were threats against players and their families, then Trevor went bankrupt. 

This is part of what sickens me, all that money on a vanity project, and yet I've searched the internet and can't find anything about 1982 Ltd doing anything to make sure that the people who made that sacrifice back then are OK. We even had to organise the testimonial for Peter Aitken, that was at the same time as you lot were spending fifty million pounds on your ground. You bring shame on our great City. 

Not a single redeeming feature, horrible club, nasty support base, as evidenced by your arrogance. I'm glad there's a gap, it means I don't have to worry about your lot creating mayhem once a year at our place. Now, back under your rock, S'hed."

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ur3onVn

Care in the community with an Internet connection - dangerous! 

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Can't be often that a non league player leaves for a league club, and ends up playing at a shitter ground...!

Yeh but Glyn he has been told they’ve got ‘amazing fans’  - they probably missed out the bit about the ‘boob cricket,’ racist ones who also like to punch animals and headbutt minibuses. They also probably kept from him the fact they took about 12 fans to Scunny this season and 37 to Gills...well that’s what it looked like! Meanwhile we took nearly 10k to our last two away games...

Mensah will soon wake up and smell the Gold Blend...he’s joined the minnows in the silly kit....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Bernard Mensah thanks Aldershot Town for support admitting it was a 'tough decision' to join Bristol Rovers

He's not kidding!

With a surname like that, you think he'd have a big enough IQ to stay put rather than to join the poor old sags....:facepalm:

7 hours ago, pride of the west said:

"I've heard the club has fantastic fans, that's what's been sold to me and I can't wait to play."

The gas new signing 11/1/18 :whistle:

He’ll soon change that opinion when he misses a penalty and finds out what a sin it is to have black skin, in Horfield..! 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

This media bias thing gets me. Have they forgotten PW sending a reporter to ******* Jordan to blow smoke up Wally`s ass?

Deluded *****.

It’s blatant bias!

All season they’ve been showing goals, & coverage of us scoring great goals, breaking transfer records, pushing for promotion to the Premier league, wining managerial, play, team & goal awards (even one for our kit!) and for reaching the semi finals of a major tournament, beating Man Utd on the way. 

When was the last time they gave Rovers coverage for any of these things..?

Biased!! 

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

He's been worry-free for many, many years now. Bless.

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Gash coldsore. Their fans are scum to a man, woman and child.

And it’s been so long his memory is playing tricks on him - we caused mayhem there three times in one calendar year in 1997 - 2-1, 2-1, 2-1. :D

Edited by WessexPest

On 1/10/2018 at 17:38, Sparkz 76 said:

Noticed a sag slagging us off on the Man City forum. Absolutely pathetic 

BF3697DE-CB30-4762-93D8-FF210DA21E8A.png

This is the kind of post that makes you wish those firebugs who tiptoed into Bath one evening in the 1990s had waited until their ground was full - mind you, obviously they’d’ve been waiting a long time.

Chelsea was as big as a game as they’ll ever have so bo wonder it sold out so quickly. How many season ticket holders missed out when you played Grimsby at Wembley, scum?

Our ground isn’t a library, dumps on the feeble queefing sounds those fannies at the Pisspoorial make from a great height. 

Yes, It’s the biggest game at the Gate since...30th Dec, which sold out. And then 10 days before that - which also sold out. This was always going to sell out too - although apparently there’s a time limit set by Gasshole Waste of Skin on how long tickets can take to sell - ha!

As for fickle, obnoxious c***s - I suggest he look in any reflective surface. Gastards are genuinely nasty people. I wish them nothing but misery - both for their scummy excuse for a football team and in their personal lives. 

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I find it most bizarre that they expect equal coverage in the local media.

Do Port Vale get as much airtime as Stoke?

It annoyed me when they dropped into non-league football and still got equal press as us. Should have been on the same page as Yate and Mangos 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it...

I take it from your knowledge of contracts of employment you've never had one, but that's nothing unusual north of the river.

If Tainton didn't wish to mutually terminate his contract there was nothing City could have done to persuade him otherwise. Goes without saying he would have taken the risk that City might have declared themselves bankrupt, hence he would be unlikely to have been paid further by the club. However, (at that time) his players registration, as a company asset and with value however intangible,  would have been retained. He would not have been able to seek employment elsewhere as a footballer until his registration had been sold or transferred by an administrator and this might have taken years. So whilst being requested to mutually terminate one's contract isn't great, by giving up his registration City at least allowed him to seek employment and earn a living elsewhere.

That there followed a period of financial hardship is something Mr Tainton would have to explain, just as any employer may not dictate to an employee what they do with their wages and how prudent they should be in managing financial risk. Tainton had received a comparatively decent income for many years so methinks his change of employment shouldn't immediately have brought hardship.

Of course this is wholly different from, say,  contracting for  the permanent  provision of goods and services (pies or fence panels spring to mind) and then not paying for them. That's incurred suppliers ascertained losses and left them out out pocket. An administrator would be able to explain. Perchance you might bump into one real soon.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

This is the kind of post that makes you wish those firebugs who tiptoed into Bath one evening in the 1990s had waited until their ground was full - mind you, obviously they’d’ve been waiting a long time.

Chelsea was as big as a game as they’ll ever have so bo wonder it sold out so quickly. How many season ticket holders missed out when you played Grimsby at Wembley, scum?

Our ground isn’t a library, dumps on the feeble queefing sounds those fannies at the Pisspoorial make from a great height. 

Yes, It’s the biggest game at the Gate since...30th Dec, which sold out. And then 10 days before that - which also sold out. This was always going to sell out too - although apparently there’s a time limit set by Gasshole Waste of Skin on how long tickets can take to sell - ha!

As for fickle, obnoxious c***s - I suggest he look in any reflective surface. Gastards are genuinely nasty people. I wish them nothing but misery - both for their scummy excuse for a football team and in their personal lives. 

Don’t hold back WP, tell us what you really think.

To effectively mock another, it’s all about getting the time right. 

For them to even refer to us in any derogatory term at the moment is utterly laughable. The vast majority of the country have a soft spot and admiration for us at the moment. Plaudits & praise being showered on us from all angles. That, of course, won’t last forever, but now is really not the time, you bitter Sag scum!

I have a good friend who is a Man City fan from Manchester who now lives in Spain. He congratulated me as he thought the team and the fans were an absolute breath of fresh air and a refreshing change from the same old same old trotted out by other visiting fans and teams. He was also unaware that there were still 2 Football League teams in Bristol as he thought the other lot were still Non-League. He was genuinely surprised when I told him that although we completely disregard them as rivals, they are hanging on to their League One status at the moment. Mind the ever growing massive Gap!:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3