IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I like how they go on about 82 and how we should settle debts etc, but as far as I know, Rovers have never refunded bookies and gamblers after their keeper was found GUILTY of attempting the throw a match back in 1963.

Amazing to think that all he had to do was to let in more than they scored and he managed to **** that up!

Still managed to deliberately let in two though, generating a false result.

So, fewers - adjusted for inflation, you owe my old man millions for the acca you ruined. Where does he collect?

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

Beat them in the league cup too! Junior Bents last game 

Yes - was thinking:

March 97 - League 2-1 (Agostino, Goater, Alsop for them, Agent Beadle missed pen) 

Coca-Cola Cup Aug 97 2-1 (Taylor, Bent winner in ET, Alsop for them again) - attendance that night 5,872, pathetic from the Fewers.

Nov 97 League 2-1 (Double from The Goat, Tillson for them)

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

This is the kind of post that makes you wish those firebugs who tiptoed into Bath one evening in the 1990s had waited until their ground was full - mind you, obviously they’d’ve been waiting a long time.

Chelsea was as big as a game as they’ll ever have so bo wonder it sold out so quickly. How many season ticket holders missed out when you played Grimsby at Wembley, scum?

Our ground isn’t a library, dumps on the feeble queefing sounds those fannies at the Pisspoorial make from a great height. 

Yes, It’s the biggest game at the Gate since...30th Dec, which sold out. And then 10 days before that - which also sold out. This was always going to sell out too - although apparently there’s a time limit set by Gasshole Waste of Skin on how long tickets can take to sell - ha!

As for fickle, obnoxious c***s - I suggest he look in any reflective surface. Gastards are genuinely nasty people. I wish them nothing but misery - both for their scummy excuse for a football team and in their personal lives. 

Love your rant! But the Wolves game on Dec 30 didn’t sell out, it was still three times the average gas crowd though!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Love your rant! But the Wolves game on Dec 30 didn’t sell out, it was still three times the average gas crowd though!

It would’ve been pretty close if it didn’t. According to the BP there was only 400 tickets left 2 days before the game.

There is a big incentive to sell the Mem before April 2019 otherwise a new law could mean that an overseas / offshore based beneficial owner, such as Dwane Sports, would be liable for tax on the capital gain.

If the buyer of the Mem is sympathetic to Rovers it is possible they would provide a short term agreement allowing the team to continue playing at it's present home until a new (economy version) UWE Stadium is ready to be leased.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bert tann said:

There is a big incentive to sell the Mem before April 2019 otherwise a new law could mean that an overseas / offshore based beneficial owner, such as Dwane Sports, would be liable for tax on the capital gain.

If the buyer of the Mem is sympathetic to Rovers it is possible they would provide a short term agreement allowing the team to continue playing at it's present home until a new (economy version) UWE Stadium is ready to be leased.  

Wait till February and then register the Mem as an asset of community value, which will push them beyond that deadline!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

What really galls Scum fans is not that we are doing so well after a couple of extremely trying seasons (although obviously that doesn't help) but all the positive attention we're receiving -- our style of play, the GIFs, our passionate support, the success of the Academy, our well-run club, our celebrity supporters, the whole shebang.

Back in the day there wasn't much to choose between the clubs but we've kicked on while they've floundered on and off the pitch. 1990, laid to rest, we won the title while they finished second - in the Conference. Their saviour - who was going to at least restore parity - has turned out to be an utter charlatan.

Previously the only straw they could clutch at was that they were somehow the cuddly toy of Westcountry football, whereas we were disliked by all and sundry. I remember some clown called "Centenary Gas" talking about how "not even Millwall" invaded the pitch to attack players, like somehow our fans were the worst on the planet. Bristol City were somehow the bete noir of the whole footballing world, we've got unlimited money to spend - a gaping hole blown through that theory when we come up against a club who really do fall into that category and hold our own.

They feel some desperate need to believe, "Well, they've left us in the dust but at least we are likable." It's a prejudice they've invested everything in, and it's all come crashing down around their ears. 

I let that screed of squid ink and lies from that truly objectionable individual on the Man City forum get under my skin a bit last night, and in the cold light of day you can understand why they're so bitter. They've got nothing left, nothing.

I can’t like this post enough.  We are superior to them in every tangible way, so they invented an intangible delusion that they’re “more liked” than us.  The recent blaze of good quality PR has burst that particular illusion and as you said they’re left with absolutely nothing to hang on to.  Hence the childish tantrums and the dredging up ad nauseum of events of nearly 40 years ago.  I’d feel sorry for them if they weren’t such a dispicible rabble.

The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference and that’s what the footballing  world feels towards them.  Utter indifference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The gap really is massive now, its embarrassing how they still cling to us. Jealousy does bring the worst out in people,  perhaps that's the reason they're so bitter?

To compare us to each other is abit like a boob job gone terrible wrong.  The right side is big, firm and perky while the left side looks like it belongs to an 80 year old as its sagged so far down its wrapped itself around the knee.

Oh dear lord does their paranoia know no ends?

Their latest conspiracy is that SL is going to build the UWE for Bristol rugby and the BCFC ladies team.

You know what's coming next, they'll be saying 'why not go the whole hog and build the bloody thing twice the size, change all the blue panels for red ones and then it's ready for City when they hit the Prem'? :facepalm:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1