IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Malago said:

I can’t like this post enough.  We are superior to them in every tangible way, so they invented an intangible delusion that they’re “more liked” than us.  The recent blaze of good quality PR has burst that particular illusion and as you said they’re left with absolutely nothing to hang on to.  Hence the childish tantrums and the dredging up ad nauseum of events of nearly 40 years ago.  I’d feel sorry for them if they weren’t such a dispicible rabble.

The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference and that’s what the footballing  world feels towards them.  Utter indifference.

Spot on! I’ve said it before and I’m terribly happy to say it again....that mob up the road are like an annoying nerdy nephew - you spend all year trying to ignore them but when they turn up at Christmas you instantly realise why you spent the whole year trying to ignore them...they just crave attention and when they don’t get it they trawl through our opponents’ forums seeking attention and love....they even try to satisfy their discontent by telling each other that we only beat Man Utd reserves...Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford...etc etc...hardly reserves. Then we only narrowly lost to Man City’s reserves...Sane, De Bruyne, Aguero etc etc...

It’s just hilarious but also a little bit sad....and sad is definitely what they are feeling right now...their ‘billionaire owner’ has not delivered and we’ve charged off into the distance, widening the gap every week with an awesome stadium which includes one stand that could comfortably accommodate their entire average home crowd with space to spare....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s just hilarious but also a little bit sad....and sad is definitely what they are feeling right now...their ‘billionaire owner’

They went quiet about our billionaire owner when they thought they had one too. Now that they are starting to realise their owner doesn't have the cash, they are starting to moan about SL again. 

At least once they go into administration they'll stop boring on about '82!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

They went quiet about our billionaire owner when they thought they had one too. Now that they are starting to realise their owner doesn't have the cash, they are starting to moan about SL again. 

I wish they’d stop boring on about SL being a ‘tax dodger’ because of his Channel Islands residency -  when oh when will they realise that Dwane Sports Ltd is registered in Jersey...?!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wish they’d stop boring on about SL being a ‘tax dodger’ because of his Channel Islands residency -  when oh when will they realise that Dwane Sports Ltd is registered in Jersey...?!

No they're not! That`s just a postal address. Their actual base is a council lock up down Muller Road. I know `cos Henbury Gas told me.

The family club would never stoop so low as to be owned by someone overseas. They`d rather go out of business than bow the knee to some foreign bullshitter with no money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

No they're not! That`s just a postal address. Their actual base is a council lock up down Muller Road. I know `cos Henbury Gas told me.

The family club would never stoop so low as to be owned by someone overseas. They`d rather go out of business than bow the knee to some foreign bullshitter with no money.

I wanted to ‘like’ your post but have somehow run out of the ability to react to any further posts today, how tiresome!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I bet they will still go on about it. 15ers are not the brightest people around, they will keep on and on about 1982 even if they go bust and they’ll justify it by saying that City deserved it by overspending whereas they didn’t deserve it because they had crappy owners.

#gaslogic

Edited by BS2 Red

9 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I bet they will still go on about it. 15ers are not the brightest people around, they will keep on and on about 1982 even if they go bust and they’ll justify it by saying that City deserved it by overspending whereas they didn’t deserve it because they had crappy owners.

#gaslogic

“.....and, and, and, you went bust before us so we are ‘betterer’ than you...and, and, and fans of every other team in the world love the Roverzzzzzz and our unique, quirky kit, and they all hate you because you are hooligans, and you don’t deserve nuffin’...”

Keep looking up gasheads....that’s where you’ll find us....and, mind that gap....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Oh dear lord does their paranoia know no ends?

Their latest conspiracy is that SL is going to build the UWE for Bristol rugby and the BCFC ladies team.

You know what's coming next, they'll be saying 'why not go the whole hog and build the bloody thing twice the size, change all the blue panels for red ones and then it's ready for City when they hit the Prem'? :facepalm:

I actually think SL having a stake in UWE would be a very good idea.

At present the U23 side use Failand, Twerton, Clevedon, Weston (or was that for an away fixture?)  Bristol Sport also has to accommodate any non first team rugby games, plus the Women's team (based at Stoke Gifford) are all dotted around. 

If a small, say 5000 capacity stadium was built there I think it would prove useful as a home for these sort of sides.

• Like 4

I really wouldn't put it past big Steve to build an athletics stadium at UWE mind. Start a bristol sport club athletics team to add to the portfolio and use it for some football matches. 

He'd love Olympic competitors to come out of the Bristol sport stable I'm sure. 

Edited by pride of the west
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I really wouldn't put it past big Steve to build an athletics stadium at UWE mind. Start a bristol sport club athletics team to add to the portfolio and use it for some football matches. 

He'd love Olympic competitors to come out of the Bristol sport stable I'm sure. 

I seriously wouldn't build a stable north of the river !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

At present the U23 side use Failand, Twerton, Clevedon, Weston (or was that for an away fixture?)  Bristol Sport also has to accommodate any non first team rugby games, plus the Women's team (based at Stoke Gifford) are all dotted around. 

If a small, say 5000 capacity stadium was built there I think it would prove useful as a home for these sort of sides.

And not own the land ? I f there is one thing we've learned is SL will do the best for BCFC. There is absolutely no chance he would rent land when he can own it. 

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

If the rumours are true, they may have their wish in just a few months time.

• Like 1

I seriously dont understand why they PERSIST with the fact that they have a better following than we do?

the evidence was clear like 10 pages (or more) back with the historic bar chart.

I said it before, if they claim they are barca with like 20 million people locked outside in the car park, moaning that they cannot get a new/better stadium and facilities, why not build one themselves? 

WsM fans did it in the 1980's and no one turns up to watch WsM l.ol.

(can the wording on "l.ol" just be left as "l.ol"? The emoticon doesnt work and its been that way for flipping years now, either fix it or remove the automated word. Without the dot.)

Edited by CrazyInWeston

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

And not own the land ? I f there is one thing we've learned is SL will do the best for BCFC. There is absolutely no chance he would rent land when he can own it. 

Doesn't that pre suppose Wael & the gas are being truthful re UWE?

Bristol Sport already work in partnership with the likes of Glos cricket, I'm sure a mutually beneficial deal could be struck here.

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Come on, admit it. What you mean is SL to buy the Mem, kick out the existing (and undesirable) tenants and move in the U23 side,  any non first team rugby games, plus the Women's team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

Come on, admit it. What you mean is SL to buy the Mem, kick out the existing (and undesirable) tenants and move in the U23 side,  any non first team rugby games, plus the Women's team.

He has far to much respect for members of Bristol Sport, to make any of them frequent that shithole. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“.....and, and, and, you went bust before us so we are ‘betterer’ than you...and, and, and fans of every other team in the world love the Roverzzzzzz and our unique, quirky kit, and they all hate you because you are hooligans, and you don’t deserve nuffin’...”

Keep looking up gasheads....that’s where you’ll find us....and, mind that gap....

Yep, I guarantee they will be saying things like that.

”You can tell we are better because we are a fan owned phoenix club, we might play on the Down’s but we are faithful and true and so are better”

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

UWE had already planned a 6,000 capacity stadium for students before the squatters in blue got involved.