IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Still waiting to see what they spend the millions they got from the sale of Bodin and his mate on. When the locals realise that the transfer fees quoted were lies and they were sold for peanuts, they will be revolting.

Rovers fans have always been horrible, inbred, bitter horrible people, but “revolting” is a tad harsh..!

12 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Club News

Statement:

Mem Redevelopment Update

15 January 2018

Dwane Sports are pleased to announce that Carillion plc have been appointed to oversee the redevelopment of The Memorial Stadium.

Speaking from his office on the 89th    floor of Dwane Towers St Helier  CEO Mr Hannibal Lecter explained that Carillion have an impressive track record of accumulating debt without anyone noticing and would be a good fit up for Dwane Sports. The reclusive tycoon went on to reassure Bristol Rovers supporters that the silence of the bankers was nothing to be alarmed about, a blue dragon was about to rise in the leafy suburbs of North Bristol and there was no truth in the malicious rumours about Hannibal falling.  

A full planning application will be submitted to the Bristol City County Council planning office one day and the club will be providing updates for supporters on the progress of the project via its various medical outlets.

These things take time, Bert.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Well they said they got a fair price, and more than Taylor. Seeing as well as Wael insinuated  we had over paid for Taylor "could have had him free on the summer" then I would guess that they would consider £400,000 odd rumoured as fair.

The wander off they will see it doesn't on players or if those monthly installments will be eaten up by their day to day cash flow.

£400k is the consensus figure; this gives them the cash required to see out the season without the owners having to put in any unsecured cash (everything to this point has been secured against the stadium via the £10m charge).

The "going concern" note will be interesting when the accounts to 30 June 2017 are published at the end of March.  The accounts to 30 June 2016 said "Mr H Al Qadi has confirmed his intnetion to maintain this support for a period of at least 12 months from the signing of these accounts."

They were signed 30 March 2017 so this was to 30 March 2018; the approximate date I was expecting the drawings under the loan facility to hit the £10m charge.  Bodin's sale has kicked this particular can down the road by 3 / 4 months so is there going to be another 12 months' support promised this time? 

My estimate is that the loss for the next season will be c. £1.4m (actual cash out) and £0.6m of interest accruing on the loan due to Dwane Sports but non-cash.  So from where is that £1.4m of cash going to come?  Share issue, new investor, sale of future season ticket income (I forget which club did this, not a good idea), sale and leaseback of the ground, or the whole lot goes up for sale in the summer. 

The whole going concern note is interesting to read (p4 of the accounts on the below link listing filings) as it only talks about 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons, caveats it by saying it assumes L1 status retained (okay, done that), but also refers to "expectations of future external finance as required".  That last may purely be a reference to the now defunct UWE project but the whole does not make for good reading.  And this was nearly a year ago when they'd just had two promotions on the bounce and the UWE project looked like it was going to happen.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

• Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

£400k is the consensus figure; this gives them the cash required to see out the season without the owners having to put in any unsecured cash (everything to this point has been secured against the stadium via the £10m charge).

The "going concern" note will be interesting when the accounts to 30 June 2017 are published at the end of March.  The accounts to 30 June 2016 said "Mr H Al Qadi has confirmed his intnetion to maintain this support for a period of at least 12 months from the signing of these accounts."

They were signed 30 March 2017 so this was to 30 March 2018; the approximate date I was expecting the drawings under the loan facility to hit the £10m charge.  Bodin's sale has kicked this particular can down the road by 3 / 4 months so is there going to be another 12 months' support promised this time? 

My estimate is that the loss for the next season will be c. £1.4m (actual cash out) and £0.6m of interest accruing on the loan due to Dwane Sports but non-cash.  So from where is that £1.4m of cash going to come?  Share issue, new investor, sale of future season ticket income (I forget which club did this, not a good idea), sale and leaseback of the ground, or the whole lot goes up for sale in the summer. 

The whole going concern note is interesting to read (p4 of the accounts on the below link listing filings) as it only talks about 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons, caveats it by saying it assumes L1 status retained (okay, done that), but also refers to "expectations of future external finance as required".  That last may purely be a reference to the now defunct UWE project but the whole does not make for good reading.  And this was nearly a year ago when they'd just had two promotions on the bounce and the UWE project looked like it was going to happen.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

With them 4 clear of the relegation zone (5 with goal difference, but down to 2 if Wimbledon win their game in hand), and the financial effect relegation would have, perhaps it is time @Major Isewater started selling his squeaky bum oil north of the river.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

With them 4 clear of the relegation zone (5 with goal difference, but down to 2 if Wimbledon win their game in hand), and the financial effect relegation would have, perhaps it is time @Major Isewater started selling his squeaky bum oil north of the river.

No way(sadly)will the gas go down-the current bottem two will go for sure and a few above 'em ain't much better.

Still,we live in hope.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Them being 17th, 4th points off relegation doesn't matter.. The shitheads have lost 5 in a row.. :clapping::clapping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Them being 17th, 4th points off relegation doesn't matter.. The shitheads have lost 5 in a row.. :clapping::clapping:

I remember Ian Holloway doing a post match interview when he played for that mob up the road. He’d missed a penalty which cost them the points and when he was asked how he felt about it he said something like “I’m not that bothered because City lost today..”

I kid you not, I definitely remember this, it was pathetic and even some Roverzzzzz fans were certainly not impressed....

They think we are obsessed with them, yet time and time again they prove it’s the other way around, remember the Darrell Clarke ‘Happy Days’ comment that has come back to haunt him continually.....

I'm NOT obsessed with The Gas. I've no clue who they are playing next Saturday, I've no idea where they are in League 1, I havent any idea whether or not they have forked out any cash for a transfer fee yet since Wael took over... and what's more I don't care. There are far more important things to occupy my mind than that lot across the river. **** 'em. Don't care.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'm NOT obsessed with The Gas. I've no clue who they are playing next Saturday, I've no idea where they are in League 1, I havent any idea whether or not they have forked out any cash for a transfer fee yet since Wael took over... and what's more I don't care. There are far more important things to occupy my mind than that lot across the river. **** 'em. Don't care.

This thread probably isn't for you then :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It amuses in a bored moment, but you're probably right. I have friends who are Gas (a fair portion tbh). I don't ram our recent history down their throat, and they aren't too keen either apparently

I have plenty of friends who are City (although obviously I could never count them as close mates :))

The thing is I think only real football fans get the rivalry thing. I have mellowed in my old age and don't stress so much over how City are doing but I absolutely still want them to lose every single game. It's not a jealousy thing, I don't wish I was a red or anything like that it just seems that part of loving Rovers is disliking City to me, that isn't something that was drummed into me as a kid , my dad wasn't interested in football and any of his family who were, were all Celtic, and on my mum's side they were mostly Millwall/Palace etc.

The one thing that does annoy me about Bristol rivalry is at times like now, when City are flying, you get people who have previously shown no interest, start having a pop at me (this has happened a few times over the years) for not supporting Bristol football when in actual fact I do support Bristol football and have done for 40 odd years spending my money on a relatively unsuccessful football club while they have gone shopping on a Saturday but they suddenly think football is great because a team from their home town beat Manchester United! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I have plenty of friends who are City (although obviously I could never count them as close mates :))

The thing is I think only real football fans get the rivalry thing. I have mellowed in my old age and don't stress so much over how City are doing but I absolutely still want them to lose every single game. It's not a jealousy thing, I don't wish I was a red or anything like that it just seems that part of loving Rovers is disliking City to me, that isn't something that was drummed into me as a kid , my dad wasn't interested in football and any of his family who were, were all Celtic, and on my mum's side they were mostly Millwall/Palace etc.

The one thing that does annoy me about Bristol rivalry is at times like now, when City are flying, you get people who have previously shown no interest, start having a pop at me (this has happened a few times over the years) for not supporting Bristol football when in actual fact I do support Bristol football and have done for 40 odd years spending my money on a relatively unsuccessful football club while they have gone shopping on a Saturday but they suddenly think football is great because a team from their home town beat Manchester United! 

Really ? Overstatement of the decade there Miah :laughcont:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It still hurts like hell, because I had a gas fiancée at the time (it didn’t last!) but you do realise we lost to them five times in the 1990s?!

In general we dominated them though and they didn’t last long in the championship or whatever it was called then. They haven’t been in the second tier for 25 years or so . Quarter of a century :laughcont: but according to a lot of them they’ve a divine right to be a championship club. 

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

In general we dominated them though and they didn’t last long in the championship or whatever it was called then. They haven’t been in the second tier for 25 years or so . Quarter of a century :laughcont: but according to a lot of them they’ve a divine right to be a championship club. 

That’ll be the sprinklers..! 

• Like 1