IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The great thing about rivalry is that despite you being in a league cup semi final  and having beaten one of the biggest teams in the world to get there, then very nearly getting a draw at a club that is probably currently one of the biggest teams in the world AND having a very decent chance of playing in the biggest league in the world next season, is that me mentioning the fact that we had you over a few times nearly 30 years ago still gets on yer nerves :)

Carry on believing that if it makes you feel important but in the greater scheme of things and where we are today its totally irrelevant and more importantly you know it too.

53 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Apropos nothing in particular, I noticed that the 15ers record signing, Andy Tilson was born on the very day that England won the World Cup - 30th June 1966 which means that he's now 51 years old. Our record signing, Famara Diedhiou, turned 25 in December. That's quite a difference. 

Message ends. Sorry to interrupt. Back to what you were doing.

Don't forget, Fammy is worth 14.5 Tilsons! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

1990 still gets to me. I have to admit. Beaten to the title by a bunch of misfits, non league players and journeymen. Bob Taylor injured at crucial time of the season, we'd been top all season, they beat us, stole the title, dressed up in City Div 3 Champions T-Shirts and rammed it down our throats for years (even though Martin Dobson famously came in and said "I'm gonna make Rovers into a footballing team" and promptly got relegated back to the 3rd tier emphatically).

2015 went some way to healing the wounds, but I for one will never forget how they went on and on and on and on and on about it. Which is why I now take delight at going on and on and on and on about "The Gift" in this massive thread.

I can put up with them festering, but will be totally jubilant the day they go pop.

Yet they still bang on more about 82 than 90 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I think this epitomizes Sag mentality...you enjoyed the 90's because you had the better of us for the first half of it.....even your enjoyable times need us to make them enjoyable.  We've enjoyed the last 25 years (ish) because there have been some exciting times, good promotion seasons (mixed in with some real low points admittedly), but we've enjoyed these times because of the City.  Rovers limping away from being a genuine rival and also slipping out of the league added to our enjoyment of course....but it certainly hasn't been the cause of it though.

I'd say it was the period between 1986-1991 that the Sags had their most purple patch and they only picked up results against us by trying to break our players legs (Alexander v Smith) and spending 90 minutes hoofing it out of their box and ending up with luck like you wouldn't believe. 1987 Gary Smart for me was the most unbelievable one of them all. 

Instead of breathing a sigh of relief they had the gall to give it the big one like they were some footballing giant. Honestly, they were awful, the football was dire and non league and I don't know how they could pay money week in week out to watch that shite? But somehow they beat us and it was the cure for everything shit about their own pathetic existence.

At Trumpton they were just as bad, yet they beat the shit and they were a massive club.

Everything about their club is amateur and always has been. Infrastructure, facilities, team, set up, support, success. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot.

It turned in the 1990's and the luck ran out and they found their level. Still, the odd Gloucestershire Cup success and beating us in the Johnstone Paints somehow still managed to make up for everything.

The ultimate goal of the fans is to beat the shit. Apart from that they are happy being a Ragass Ragbag Tinpot club and they get through years and years of watching downs league football with the hope that one day they will play the shit and fluke a win and then be a massive club again.

How anyone can choose to support Rovers is beyond me? Potential fans are beginning to see the light these days though with the only new fans of Rovers being forced to support them by their obsessed and green-eyed parents.

We know it's true and so do they.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I'd say it was the period between 1986-1991 that the Sags had their most purple patch and they only picked up results against us by trying to break our players legs (Alexander v Smith) and spending 90 minutes hoofing it out of their box and ending up with luck like you wouldn't believe. 1987 Gary Smart for me was the most unbelievable one of them all. 

Instead of breathing a sigh of relief they had the gall to give it the big one like they were some footballing giant. Honestly, they were awful, the football was dire and non league and I don't know how they could pay money week in week out to watch that shite? But somehow they beat us and it was the cure for everything shit about their own pathetic existence.

At Trumpton they were just as bad, yet they beat the shit and they were a massive club.

Everything about their club is amateur and always has been. Infrastructure, facilities, team, set up, support, success. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot.

It turned in the 1990's and the luck ran out and they found their level. Still, the odd Gloucestershire Cup success and beating us in the Johnstone Paints somehow still managed to make up for everything.

The ultimate goal of the fans is to beat the shit. Apart from that they are happy being a Ragass Ragbag Tinpot club and they get through years and years of watching downs league football with the hope that one day they will play the shit and fluke a win and then be a massive club again.

How anyone can choose to support Rovers is beyond me? Potential fans are beginning to see the light these days though with the only new fans of Rovers being forced to support them by their obsessed and green-eyed parents.

We know it's true and so do they.

That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Amen.

Talking of them beating us and therefore being a 'massive club', has anyone noticed that you never hear a City fan calling us 'massive' but the sad sags always accuse us of it? It's them that call us 'massive', not us. I have never heard a red say anything remotely similar as we know where we stand. More delusional bullsh1t from that lot I suppose.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, BS3City said:

The Sags are massive!!!

Massive bell ends...

I think the truth is far closer to them being pathetic cuckold’s with shrivelled little dicks, sat back watching the far better looking and well endowed neighbour, smashing one into their gorgeous (in their eyes) Mrs, who’s actually just a bit of a fat, ugly slapper..! 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the truth is far closer to them being pathetic cuckold’s with shrivelled little dicks, sat back watching the far better looking and well endowed neighbour, smashing one into their gorgeous (in their eyes) Mrs, who’s actually just a bit of a fat, ugly slapper..! 

Sorry. I am NOT taking one for the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

An extremely interesting characterisation: I must confess, I have never thought of the many Rovers fans I know in this light

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

...And also their sister...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

1990 still gets to me. I have to admit. Beaten to the title by a bunch of misfits, non league players and journeymen. Bob Taylor injured at crucial time of the season, we'd been top all season, they beat us, stole the title, dressed up in City Div 3 Champions T-Shirts and rammed it down our throats for years (even though Martin Dobson famously came in and said "I'm gonna make Rovers into a footballing team" and promptly got relegated back to the 3rd tier emphatically).

2015 went some way to healing the wounds, but I for one will never forget how they went on and on and on and on and on about it. Which is why I now take delight at going on and on and on and on about "The Gift" in this massive thread.

I can put up with them festering, but will be totally jubilant the day they go pop.

don't think we have long to wait, cant see them being around in 5 years.

• Like 2

The only thing I really miss about playing that scum is taking over there part of Bristol when we go there and if we were really lucky, giving them a good kick up the jacksy as they ran away from us - apart from that, they are history!

End of ....

Amazes me that they keep coming on OTIB - desperate or what - hanging on to our coat strings me thinks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

"Let's have a coffee"' - Ian Holloway

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That’s why they took 1100 to Blackpool. So they could bring some sand back. For there shit pitch 

Blackpool is missing an entire beach then?!!!

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

The only thing I really miss about playing that scum is taking over there part of Bristol when we go there and if we were really lucky, giving them a good kick up the jacksy as they ran away from us - apart from that, they are history!

End of ....

Amazes me that they keep coming on OTIB - desperate or what - hanging on to our coat strings me thinks!

According to them they came to Ashton Gate and took us in the KFC and we bricked it.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Made me laugh anyway! :whistle:

Image may contain: 2 people, meme and text

Sorry Darrell, my hearing isn't too good....You did say you wanted to WALK my dog didn't you?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Talking of them beating us and therefore being a 'massive club', has anyone noticed that you never hear a City fan calling us 'massive' but the sad sags always accuse us of it? It's them that call us 'massive', not us. I have never heard a red say anything remotely similar as we know where we stand. More delusional bullsh1t from that lot I suppose.

Nail on the head there Ska, the  amount of times I’ve heard them bring this one up :facepalm:

• Like 2