IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

What does this term "fan base" mean. If D.C. means potential fans then I suppose they do have a "massive" one. If he is referring to those who can be bothered to turn up, it's pathetic for a city this size.

I guess when you look at who he has played for and managed in his career, it must seem huge to him in comparison.

There is a lot of talk about the poor state of the Rovers’ pitch, but I think this is to their advantage. The mud and bumps prevent good teams playing football and bring them down to Rovers level. This may be a cunning plan 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be honest I think we are spoilt by the quality of our pitch these days. I watched some bits of a couple of Belgian games on Freesports yesterday, which were both of a good level Genk V Anderlecht and Antwerp V Brugge and both of those pitches were very poor quality too.

But wasn’t that Antwerp pyro summat else! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lita For Congo said:

I know I’m on thin ice with libel situations and wouldn’t want the forum in trouble. However, true to form, expect their fans to grass and it all be out in the open. 

I am in no way making an accusation against any employee of BRFC but I thought read on the Gas Forum that the Stadium manager was on Gardening Leave. Thought it was due to the pitch though from what they said on there.

29 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They had the gall to ridicule the defeat last night. You have got to laugh at them for the outpouring of total an utter green eyed jealousy. They must be so relieved that their torture is now over?!

Are we out of the promotion race then? Until we are they’ll continue to feel the pain!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Are we out of the promotion race then? Until we are they’ll continue to feel the pain!

No, but it's the insane jealousy that they have. This game was all over the national news and in all of the papers. Everywhere they look it's all about the gurt Teds and they just want to blank it all out but they can't.

To add to their pain the pundits are dropping in compliments galore about Bristol City which leave the sad Sags seething with rage. How can anyone compliment The Shit and not compliment the Sags as well?! In the mind of a Narcissistic Sag a compliment towards Bristol City is a direct attack on Bristol Rovers. They are plebs, tools, goons, neanderthals.

This was direct focus on the Teds and they hated every second of it.

Where promotion is concerned we are one of many clubs in the hunt. It's not "all about the shit" and how they are "Premier League club in waiting"....Oh **** me they really hated that one!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

No, but it's the insane jealousy that they have. This game was all over the national news and in all of the papers. Everywhere they look it's all about the gurt Teds and they just want to blank it all out but they can't.

To add to their pain the pundits are dropping in compliments galore about Bristol City which leave the sad Sags seething with rage. How can anyone compliment The Shit and not compliment the Sags as well?! In the mind of a Narcissistic Sag a compliment towards Bristol City is a direct attack on Bristol Rovers. They are plebs, tools, goons, neanderthals.

This was direct focus on the Teds and they hated every second of it.

Where promotion is concerned we are one of many clubs in the hunt. It's not "all about the shit" and how they are "Premier League club in waiting"....Oh **** me they really hated that one!

Sad in both senses of the word. To be fair, genuine Gasheads I've met have ben nothing but complimentary.

• Like 1

There is more garbage in the Post today about Rovers’ efforts in trying to sign players in the January transfer window. Apparently, Rovers are unable to compete partly due to the salary cap. How strange considering that 3 of the top 6 teams have lower attendances than Rovers and Wigan, who are top, only averages approx 300 per game more than Rovers. Shrewsbury, who are third, average approx 2,500 less and Scunthorpe, who are forth, average 4,500 less! 

This awful salary cap must apply to all teams, so it’s obvious that not much of Rovers income is going on players. Average attendance for League 1 teams below:

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2017-2018/1/

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Would someone be so kind as to post Roverzzz top 10 away followings this season? Will be interesting to see how their massive 'loyal and true' away support compares to ours. 

image.png.f1a87af0a9aa1975ad8d3c5aa744a7bc.png

We took 1.5k to Sunderland???

Don't remember that. Fair ******* play if we did.