IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Would someone be so kind as to post Roverzzz top 10 away followings this season? Will be interesting to see how their massive 'loyal and true' away support compares to ours. 

image.png.f1a87af0a9aa1975ad8d3c5aa744a7bc.png

As you know, we list our away attendances on our official site for all matches and for each season.

As the management at Rovers are as guilty as the fans for peddling the myth that they travel everywhere in huge numbers, I imagine the information you seek will be easily found on the Gas OS. I’m sure they wouldn’t hide those figures away. 

I’ll be interested to see how many thousands they took to places like Gillingham and Bury especially as I’m constantly told that their travelling army puts our efforts to shame.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As you know, we list our away attendances on our official site for all matches and for each season.

As the management at Rovers are as guilty as the fans for peddling the myth that they travel everywhere in huge numbers, I imagine the information you seek will be easily found on the Gas OS. I’m sure they wouldn’t hide those figures away. 

I’ll be interested to see how many thousands they took to places like Gillingham and Bury especially as I’m constantly told that their travelling army puts our efforts to shame.

According to GasLogic the latest one is to take our home attendances (to suit Sags let's just say it's 26,000) and then look at the 1400 we take away, then compare that to Rovers 8000 at home and 800 away. Therefore, the percentage of how many Gasheads go away in relation to their home support is markedly better than City's meaning that City fans are fickle and just like to attend home games whilst loads of Sags go to away games which make them more faithful and true and therefore a better club. I absolutely shit you not!!!!!

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

According to GasLogic the latest one is to take our home attendances (to suit Sags let's just say it's 26,000) and then look at the 1400 we take away, then compare that to Rovers 8000 at home and 800 away. Therefore, the percentage of how many Gasheads go away in relation to their home support is markedly better than City's meaning that City fans are fickle and just like to attend home games whilst loads of Sags go to away games which make them more faithful and true and therefore a better club. I absolutely shit you not!!!!!

This isn't new mate, they've been saying it for years. All it shows is that their away support is average and their home support is shit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I have heard this on countless occasions. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Awwww.....no mention of Rovers in the same sentence as City, Angus Scott is a Ted......woe is us boo hoo.....case in point right there!

IMG_4163.thumb.PNG.d840c911476f83f0cd0458bc9249bb4d.PNG

16 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Thank goodness he didn’t get wound up by it :D

No of course because they don't care about The Shit and they are not jealous or bitter at all :thumbsup:

I'd be sick of us this season if i was one of them.

On TV everyweek, plaudits coming in from all over the football world for the way we play, taking the game to the best the Prem has to offer, multi million £ players coming in, great stadium etc, etc etc.

It's enough to make you want to hate us, then start making shit up or apply Gas logic to make yourself feel better about the ****ing huge GAP that is widening season after season.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

On TV everyweek, plaudits coming in from all over the football world for the way we play, taking the game to the best the Prem has to offer, multi million £ players coming in, great stadium etc, etc etc.

It's enough to make you want to hate us, then start making shit up or apply Gas logic to make yourself feel better about the ****ing huge GAP that is widening season after season.

They are. I bumped into the gAsshole in work this morning. He said he was so happy when he woke up on Wednesday morning that we were finally out of the cup and he didn't have to keep hearing about us "every five ******* minutes"

I reminded him our next 2 away fixtures are live on Sky...

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

They are. I bumped into the gAsshole in work this morning. He said he was so happy when he woke up on Wednesday morning that we were finally out of the cup and he didn't have to keep hearing about us "every five ******* minutes"

Just can't get enough of a good thing can they. Sky that is!

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Awwww.....no mention of Rovers in the same sentence as City, Angus Scott is a Ted......woe is us boo hoo.....case in point right there!

They probably don't realise they are owned by Jordanians, surely the Barcelona of League 2 being traded would have been global news at the time.

At least, until they took their place in 'tier 5' of the pyramid.

(Honestly - some of them have been calling it tier 5 rather than non-league or conference).

33 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Who’s the featured game on Channel 5’s highlights programme this week..? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

The gap is indeed a chasm 

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Aww diddums, 5live didn't go all gooey over 'da famous quarterz' whilst interviewing a Bristol City fan about his job....Talk about needy  :laughcont:

They didn't get a mention because nobody gives a shit. Having a Chelsea supporting owner who doesn't want to spend any money doesn't automatically make them a household name in the Middle East. 

• Like 1

I was chatting with a 21 year old relative last night and he doesn’t understand the rivalry and dislike that his elderly relatives have for Rovers, his generation are 98% City fans and he doesn’t have a single mate who watches Rovers on a regular basis, he says the rivalry for his age group isn’t there and that they are a total irrelevant, how things have changed since I was his age!!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Aww diddums, 5live didn't go all gooey over 'da famous quarterz' whilst interviewing a Bristol City fan about his job....Talk about needy  :laughcont:

They didn't get a mention because nobody gives a shit. Having a Chelsea supporting owner who doesn't want to spend any money doesn't automatically make them a household name in the Middle East. 

That'll be the same Chelsea that were knocked out of the League Cup at the same semi final stage as we were?! Poor old Wael - not having a great season is he? Still, these things take time.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

I was chatting with a 21 year old relative last night and he doesn’t understand the rivalry and dislike that his elderly relatives have for Rovers, his generation are 98% City fans and he doesn’t have a single mate who watches Rovers on a regular basis, he says the rivalry for his age group isn’t there and that they are a total irrelevant, how things have changed since I was his age!!

Hopefully, he won't ever have to suffer at the mouths of gas heads, should they do the unusual and finish above, or beat us, as some of us older supporters have had to endure.

As we know, they still try to proclaim themselves as the oldest, best, better supported club in Bristol, when all the facts, that's "all the facts" prove otherwise. Their biggest successes are actually our failures and celebrated as such.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Didn't realise you could get football stadia on Gumtree. Well done Wael, very thrifty. Even picked it up himself.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't know if it's been brought to anyone's attention but, a letter in tonight's Post, reminds us that Rovers actually beat the Busby Babes, when they were the best team that there has ever been.

A lot of older sags like to bang on about that 50s team  being the best ever in Bristol, totally ignoring our spells in the top flight of course.  #gaslogic