IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I didn’t choose to be a Bristol City fan, I was born into a family of Bristol City fans...thank God.

Our owner did watch Rovers on the terraces, yet he was quite happy to take his own son to Ashton Gate and eventually plough millions into City. Doesn’t say much about Rovers does it? 

His son wanted to watch City from an early age, that pretty much makes him a lifelong City fan. He’s also heir to his dads fortune.

Im not the smartest light in the Christmas Tree, that’s correct. However I do know how to quote people correctly on this site, I know the difference between ‘siblings’ and ‘children’ and I don’t go on a rival fans forum and make myself look like a dick.

Dimwit.

Quite right you can do that on your own forum .

:yes:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

A mere 8,680 caravan dwellers against the mighty Shrews. But please remember it's our support that's shite. 

Before today they hadn’t lost since before Christmas. 

You’d think their ‘massive’ fan base would make more of an effort to go and watch their team when they’re on a good run like that?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If if anyone on here ‘chose’ to support City I can’t see how it is the ‘easier option’ - when I was growing up and going to most games home and away we were plummeting from the top division to division four in record time, then we went through the hellish times of 1982 that you just love to crow about (you know, when you tried to steal Ashton Gate from us when we were at our lowest ebb) and on top of all that I saw us fail in win in ten consecutive games against the roverzzz from 1987 to 1991 - all that certainly wasn’t ‘easy’ I can assure you...wouldn’t have missed it for the world though...

You must be my age. Could have written that myself ! Never forget the Donowa Derby though . 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Fair doos, the last time they played mighty Shrewsbury they lost 4-0, so a 2-1 reverse at least shows that the World’s self proclaimed favourite club are on an upward trajectory.

Fair play to them, now 13th in a truly tough league where Shrewsbury are 2nd place and Scunthorpe are 4th. I for one am shaking at the thought of the 15ers coming for us.

37 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Dopey interview............."I don't want to use the pitch as an excuse"      er... so he mentions it three times !

Runs in that mob’s culture, when they lost at Wembley to Tranmere in the 1990 Football League Trophy, Gerald Francis said the grass was too long!!! Why does that matter when they just hoofed it up to Devon White?! And wouldn’t they have chirped about that ‘double’ if it had happened?! Unfortunately the Birkenhead whites stuffed ‘em so they had to just creep back along the M4 and go back to being the ‘annoying nephew’ in a two team City.

My two favourite footy quotes....Sunday Times journalist around 1989 - “.....meanwhile in the 3rd division Devon White continues to prove that with a bit of luck we could all have been professional footballers...” and dear old Brian Clough - “If God meant football to be played in the clouds he’d have put grass up there...”

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2018 at 17:38, bristolmoose said:

"Dopey, I've a feeling we're not in Kingswood anymore"

Given the state of their stadium (sic), lack of funds for maintenance and a storm brewing I've an inkling we might soon be singing - What's Weal gonna do with a chimney on him?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Shrewsbury did well out there today........

muddy-football-pitch-1.jpg

Did the world famous Bristol Roverzzzz get dicked 1-2 today?! Just got in and am catching up....can’t believe that is true....after all, they are ‘coming for us’ and will ‘overtake us and be premier league within five years’ and fans of every other club in the world ‘hate Bristol City and love the gas’ and their ‘stadium’ is ‘championship ready’ because they bought a few sprinklers, curtains and carpets, not forgetting the new canopy at their ‘hospitality’ entrance and their desperate, needy fans go on Man City fans’ forums to plead for recognition and scream that the roverzzzz’ away attendances are bigger than ‘them pesky teds’ - which is utter bollox and has been for generations....their utter desperation to be recognised is so pathetic! And after all that .....I seriously can’t laugh anymore, it just hurts now....

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did the world famous Bristol Roverzzzz get dicked 1-2 today?! Just got in and am catching up....can’t believe that is true....after all, they are ‘coming for us’ and will ‘overtake us and be premier league within five years’ and fans of every other club in the world ‘hate Bristol City and love the gas’ and their ‘stadium’ is ‘championship ready’ because they bought a few sprinklers, curtains and carpets, not forgetting the new canopy at their ‘hospitality’ entrance and their desperate, needy fans go on Man City fans’ forums to plead for recognition and scream that the roverzzzz’ away attendances are bigger than ‘them pesky teds’ - which is utter bollox and has been for generations....their utter desperation to be recognised is so pathetic! And after all that .....I seriously can’t laugh anymore, it just hurts now....

Go on......You know you want to !

• Like 1

"The pitch ruined it today and probably cost us the game; it is so unpredictable for players to play on, but saying that we have been doing okay at home recently.

There was a big puddle at the Thatchers End, and on the
right hand side of the west stand towards the south, it was chewing up badly. The ball bobbles all over the place and it looks a nightmare to run with it, to be honest it’s just pretty ****ed. I worry we won’t see the best of the likes of Mensah, Bennett and even Nichols until it’s sorted, it can’t be good for your confidence playing on that and a lot of concentration required. Broadbent’s shot was wild but it bobbled before he hit it, fans round me were complaining of us hoofing it from the back, but it wasn’t easy to pass it out on the deck without the ball high fiving a lump of turf on the way through."

It must be like playing football in medieval times, amongst the rats and chickens.

• Haha 1

Blackburn and Wigan coming up .... tough opponents for City in the Championship next season especially with some pretty decent teams coming down with their parachutes!  Unlike the rest of you, I went to the Mem today.  Brilliant atmosphere ... old fashioned terrace .. unlike the now sanitised Ashton Gate as my son said.  And those who talk about the 45,000 whatever.  Remember the ground up in Whorefield is always 95% full.  

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jarman said:

Blackburn and Wigan coming up .... tough opponents for City in the Championship next season especially with some pretty decent teams coming down with their parachutes!  Unlike the rest of you, I went to the Mem today.  Brilliant atmosphere ... old fashioned terrace .. unlike the now sanitised Ashton Gate as my son said.  And those who talk about the 45,000 whatever.  Remember the ground up in Whorefield is always 95% full.  

I’m more worried about mighty Shrewsbury who beat you 4-0 and 2-1.  Big club Shrewsbury.

6 hours ago, Jarman said:

Mathematical genius alert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1