IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Slipped off page 1... Can't have that. 

Unfortunately in unusual circumstances it is us who giveth the gift, rather than the blue few who have had a recent uplift in fortunes. They came from 1-0 down to win yesterday and one of their "released" signings scored, whilst we threw away a 3 goal lead at home to one of the worst sides in the league and our big transfer window signing played like Bas Savage and we scored 2 own goals. Surprised this hasn't actually slipped down to page 3 or 4. Still, I am sure that this is just a temporary blip and Rovers will come me up with some gems sooner or later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Unfortunately in unusual circumstances it is us who giveth the gift, rather than the blue few who have had a recent uplift in fortunes. They came from 1-0 down to win yesterday and one of their "released" signings scored, whilst we threw away a 3 goal lead at home to one of the worst sides in the league and our big transfer window signing played like Bas Savage and we scored 2 own goals. Surprised this hasn't actually slipped down to page 3 or 4. Still, I am sure that this is just a temporary blip and Rovers will come me up with some gems sooner or later.

The world does all feel a bit surreal today. Have I missed something, or have Rovers actually gone a full week without utterly embarrassing themselves, having some form of illegal behaviour associated to them, or making some hilarious announcement about ambitious plans to re-stock the toilet rolls in the portaloos over the summer..!

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The world does all feel a bit surreal today. Have I missed something, or have Rovers actually gone a full week without utterly embarrassing themselves, having some form of illegal behaviour associated to them, or making some hilarious announcement about ambitious plans to re-stock the toilet rolls in the portaloos over the summer..!

Give it time.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We've turned a corner :)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, they havnt had a book published by a hooligan or failed to beat the bottom two clubs in their division.  Let's no get too cocky just yet.

2 hours ago, The Truth said:

Well, they havnt had a book published by a hooligan or failed to beat the bottom two clubs in their division.  Let's no get too cocky just yet.

Bugger, have we gone and lost to Burton this week as well. 

It’s been worse than I thought..! 

31 minutes ago, myol'man said:

With an easy looking home game to Rochdale tomorrow night and several of the teams above them playing each other, R*vers could be as close as 5 points from the play-offs.

Cue, much frothing at the mouth and  'were coming for you' comments in North Bristol   :gasmask:  :facepalm:  

I got told last season there wasn't any point in getting promoted due to the state of their ground/facilities (different matter if they did make it to playoffs though I imagine). I wouldn't mind them coming up at all myself, seeing how they will struggle on the pitch imo, and would love to see them try and sign some actual decent established players asking for similar wages to what Championship clubs pay - they would have to spend some serious cash which will put them in more debt, pay rises all around too I guess.

4 hours ago, The Truth said:

Yes, both of those things you mention are far more embarrassing than dropping out of the entire League and spending nearly 2 decades below your City rivals.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. :blink:

Piss off Sag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Bovver by Chris Brown.

Do a bit of research before making false claims.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Equally we haven't made a habit of losing to minnows in cup competitions.

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

With an easy looking home game to Rochdale tomorrow night and several of the teams above them playing each other, R*vers could be as close as 5 points from the play-offs.

Cue, much frothing at the mouth and  'were coming for you' comments in North Bristol   :gasmask:  :facepalm:  

I'd actually like if they snuck up via the play offs, we know how brutal this league is and that's with a genuine billionaire owner. The level of investment for the dog botherers could well see them relegated with a record low points total......:rofl2br:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Truth said:

The reason they may not have had a book published is a simple one, many of them lack the ability to write. As for you other pathetic point this league is brutal and easily the most competitive in the country.  We have 52 points so far not one of them has not been earned :gasmask:

39 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The reason they may not have had a book published is a simple one, many of them lack the ability to write. As for you other pathetic point this league is brutal and easily the most competitive in the country.  We have 52 points so far not one of them has not been earned :gasmask:

It's not their fault.  Have you ever tried to write with 6 fingers?  They will learn, but these things take time.

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The Gas announce today plans are underway for installing a brand new pitch at The Mem....

Exclusive first pics!!   

kentuckybluegrassmix1.jpg?itok=anw6DvrG

Ah yes, but just wait until they realise it’s going to take more than one packet of seed. Wally will soon be pulling the plug on his financial backing for that project..! 

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

They've already started. I had one of them telling me 'we'll be playing you next season' on Saturday night. My response was 'we've got enough points to stay up already and you really don't want to go up as you'll get ripped a new arsehole at our level'. Said methane snorter replied with 'at least we'll have 2 easy games'. :grr:

Deluded barsteward! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They've already started. I had one of them telling me 'we'll be playing you next season' on Saturday night. My response was 'we've got enough points to stay up already and you really don't want to go up as you'll get ripped a new arsehole at our level'. Said methane snorter replied with 'at least we'll have 2 easy games'. :grr:

Deluded barsteward! 

Classic:clap:  and so true

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Truth said:

:laughcont::laughcont: you got to love it :laughcont: the fan base that lies about everything calling himself the truth . ******* hell you couldn’t make it up. :laughcont:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

The Gas announce today plans are underway for installing a brand new pitch at The Mem....

Exclusive first pics!!   

kentuckybluegrassmix1.jpg?itok=anw6DvrG

New Gas song:  ...Altogether now

# We plough the field and scatter the good seed on the ground!  

But where will they get all the fertilizer they will need from?