IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They'd also have 3 seasons to go all seater.. 

Can you imagine supporting a different Championship side, visiting Ashton Gate one week then that squalid dump a few weeks later?

Still, at least if they play us they might fill their ground for once.

18 hours ago, Sniper said:

**** me League 1 is absolute horseshite if a tinpot pub team like the SAGS can be thinking about the playoffs.

SSN presenter actually said something like  "Bristol Rovers reinforced their bid for a play off place with a win tonight".

So, whisper it quietly, do we think they might sneak play-off place? I think the top 5 is out of reach but that last play off place is very much up for grabs.

Plymouth could be the heroes who stop them, they've come from about 10pts down and bottom place and still have the Gas at home to come I think.

Whatever you think about them, it would be some achievement by Clarke given the background he's working against and he's had F all support from the rest of the clowns in charge.

31 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

So, whisper it quietly, do we think they might sneak play-off place? I think the top 5 is out of reach but that last play off place is very much up for grabs.

Plymouth could be the heroes who stop them, they've come from about 10pts down and bottom place and still have the Gas at home to come I think.

Whatever you think about them, it would be some achievement by Clarke given the background he's working against and he's had F all support from the rest of the clowns in charge.

No chance. They are 5 points behind the last spot, which is the only one that’ll be available. Bradford hold that spot now and have lost 6 out of 7. They’ll turn that around. 

Even if they don’t turn that around, they’ll have to make up points on Charlton, Portsmouth & Plymouth - 3 decent sides who’ll take a lot of catching. 

Rovers have 7 games left vs teams above them, including 5 against the top 7. 

Tough run-in and points gap to close. If they do it then they’ll have to pull out all the stops, and their season so far doesn’t suggest they can do that consistently enough. 

**** ‘em! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I don't think it's such a big deal tbh,  Burton and Yeovil have done it with less.

Just now, fgrsimon said:

Be good to gather some opinions. Usually when one of us goes up, the other does too... (At least in my life time).

I don't think we will, but alike 'Muff and Gillingham we've come from 15 or so points behind to be 5 off with a game in hand, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get excited about it, but I fancied our chances a lot more last season despite us being on the same points/gd at the same stage last year, only last year 6th had a game in hand on us whereas we have one on 6th this year.

If we hadn't had that very poor run around oct/nov I'd be a lot more confident, but that's football for you. We always seem to be a much stronger team the second half of the season under Clarke so it's going to be interesting.  I do wish he did his half time team talk before the game though because having to come back every game is a little stressful!

That said, it's fantastic because the 4 seasons prior to DC we only managed to comeback and win twice.

I'm just enjoying it all at the minute, the day a big, stable club comes in for DC I know we'll drop back to League 2 from wherever we are and sign a lot of shit players on 3 year+ contracts.

Edited by Seventeen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

They have lost more games than the bottom of the league :yes:

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

No chance. They are 5 points behind the last spot, which is the only one that’ll be available. Bradford hold that spot now and have lost 6 out of 7. They’ll turn that around. 

Even if they don’t turn that around, they’ll have to make up points on Charlton, Portsmouth & Plymouth - 3 decent sides who’ll take a lot of catching. 

Rovers have 7 games left vs teams above them, including 5 against the top 7. 

Tough run-in and points gap to close. If they do it then they’ll have to pull out all the stops, and their season so far doesn’t suggest they can do that consistently enough. 

**** ‘em! 

Plymouth play Bradford at home the day before we go to Cardiff. I might nip down if I can, it ought to be a cracker.

They play the sags at home on 17th March

48 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

2nd best supported team in the West country......fact

On Slagchat they’re patting themselves on the back in that w@nky way they always do because they are averaging nearly 8900 this season despite not having been higher than 11th.

Plymouth average higher than Rovers even though they were bottom of L1 as recently as December. 

Even MK Dons (currently 3rd from bottom btw) average higher home crowds. You need to be a particularly deluded set of fans to be chuffed about the size of your support despite having smaller attendances than a club that didn’t even exist 20 years ago.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4