IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

29 minutes ago, 29AR said:

ah I stand corrected - I thought it went down hill when they built that monstrosity of a stadium... albeit there are bigger issues for their lack of support which I wholeheartedly support, such as those who will not return until Vincent Tan is gone.

I don’t think there are too many of those..!

whilst their crowds are below ours, they are, for Cardiff, pretty high. 

Between 2010-2015 they averaged around 21-23k, with the obvious exception of their premier league season. 

Prior to that, their average of 16.5k this season and last season is higher than at anytime since 1971. 

Being as low as 3.5k average in the late 1990’s! 

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Loyal or not. Tis human nature to want to be in a nice welcoming, warm environment with superb facilities, good food, shorter queues etc etc.. You get my point. If you build it they will come, proven time and time again.

If you build it, they will come. If you steal it, only 8,500 will bother.

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think there are too many of those..!

whilst their crowds are below ours, they are, for Cardiff, pretty high. 

Between 2010-2015 they averaged around 21-23k, with the obvious exception of their premier league season. 

Prior to that, their average of 16.5k this season and last season is higher than at anytime since 1971. 

Being as low as 3.5k average in the late 1990’s! 

They can do lower than that: two seasons between 87 and 92 where Cardiff averaged - averaged - below 3000, in other words, a 4 digit average with the first digit being "2."

Sub 3,000! And another where they got above 3000 by about a bus load every home game.

Cardiff City fans are proper deserters. 

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

I see Dings RFC are opening their new £8m stadium tomorrow. Nice to see one North Bristol sports team getting on with it 

I'm surprised as Wael say's "These things take time..."

They are like Rovers in other ways though, in so much as they don't pay their players :laughcont:

Edited by Cheesleysmate

The gifting goes on tonight. 

I’m hearing there’s been a spot of bother down there in “Sag Heartland” at the King Billy, Warmley. 

Large scale disorder so say. Some City chaps there laughing their behinds off who are describing it as “ha ha, it’s Rovers onto Rovers. And they’re arguing about City”. 

Oh my days. 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

I see Dings RFC are opening their new £8m stadium tomorrow. Nice to see one North Bristol sports team getting on with it 

It’s amazing isn’t it? A local amateur rugby team who get crowds of a hundred or so get an £8m stadium. At the same time a football team, with the 6th richest man in the world as owner, just gets new sprinklers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m hearing there’s been a spot of bother down there in “Sag Heartland” at the King Billy, Warmley. 

Large scale disorder so say. Some City chaps there laughing their behinds off who are describing it as “ha ha, it’s Rovers onto Rovers. And they’re arguing about City”. 

Oh my days. 

The things they’ll do to draw out a police horse..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Oh my days. 

Interesting. Have family who drink in there . All city . Quite a lot of City also in there . Few stand in S82 . Give my brother a ring later. :rofl2br:

16 hours ago, myol'man said:

Don't broadcast that or the gas will "offer to groundshare" and see what they can do then.

17 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sadly the new purpose built disabled section also suffered damage.

Screenshot_20180217-154450.thumb.jpg.b825a3007f38fbd039363d57ce96e5e3.jpg

What scenes of devastation, it`s truly heartbreaking when something that has taken so long to build is destroyed in an instant by the forces of nature.

Surely the council can step in and help the poor souls can`t they? It`s what we pay our council tax for after all, to provide services for those in need.

#prayforrovers

• Like 1

Delusion Personified

"We need to win today against a team in bottom four. We are behind the promotion pack and need three points to maintain progress. I’m not expecting a point today (although we are away from home) and hope that with minutes to go our fitness can see us grab a late winner. Fingers Crossed!"

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Delusion Personified

"We need to win today against a team in bottom four. We are behind the promotion pack and need three points to maintain progress. I’m not expecting a point today (although we are away from home) and hope that with minutes to go our fitness can see us grab a late winner. Fingers Crossed!"

Those Wombles, just assuming Rovers were a bottom 4 side because they have a tramp playing for them... Tut tut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1