IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Match postponed, referee said "**** me this pitch so bad, I wouldn't even use it for camel racing "

39 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Tonights game is now officially off according to the Evil Post. Mud wrestling event is still on though.

Stock car racing is on instead apparently, reliant robins.....No-one is going, mass boycott.

It's seriously embarrassing in this day and age to be unable to plan for and mitigate cold weather.  To be honest I think clubs in the Football League pyramid should be fined if the reason not to play is a 'frozen pitch'.

Little Shrewsbury, who let's remember from previous posts on Delusion central, are way smaller than the sags, play Yeovil tonight in the Auto van windscreens paint EFL trophy. They have had their pitch covered all week and have hired space heaters in an effort to ensure the pitch remains playable and that the game can go ahead.

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It's seriously embarrassing in this day and age to be unable to plan for and mitigate cold weather.  To be honest I think clubs in the Football League pyramid should be fined if the reason not to play is a 'frozen pitch'.

Official reason is "rock hard on the surface but soft underneath".

Bit like the Tote end in the 70's then!  :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Little Shrewsbury, who let's remember from previous posts on Delusion central, are way smaller than the sags, play Yeovil tonight in the Auto van windscreens paint EFL trophy. They have had their pitch covered all week and have hired space heaters in an effort to ensure the pitch remains playable and that the game can go ahead.

They were going to hire in some heaters themselves, but there are a lot of things to discuss. Project managers are being looked at. These things take time....

• Haha 5

Hang on a second. 2 Hours ago, the BBC post this comment from Shrewsbury:

A Shrewsbury statement said the pitch at the Montgomery Waters Meadow "has been covered and is OK" - but that the pitch would freeze as soon as the covers were removed.

And then 1 hour later the BBC post this comment from the sags:

A Bristol Rovers statement said that though the pitch at the Memorial Stadium was covered, it would have frozen once the covers were removed.

Very spooky.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Surely this is some mistake and super-rich Wael has some of the most sophisticated undersoil heating in sport?

I can only assume he hasn’t so much money that he struggles to find space to put it all, so the pitch is covered in his cold, hard cash.

Remarkable, I was sure he was mega rich.

All seater stadium plus undersoil heating, presumably?

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

Match postponed, referee said "**** me this pitch so bad, I wouldn't even use it for camel racing "

Some actual quotes (maybe out of context!)

From the post report - "the pitch was not deemed up to standards"

Referee: "It wouldn't have been a good spectacle"

So why aren't all of their games postponed?

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, Super said:

Why don't they just get it re-laid like Rochdale did the other week?

They wouldn’t have called the game off if they were playing bottom of the table Rochdale....Wigan are doing quite well, oh no, it’s a bit chilly, game’s off....absolutely pathetic in this day and age....it’s minus 20 in Helsinki today, nothing bad happened, nothing stopped...

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They wouldn’t have called the game off if they were playing bottom of the table Rochdale....Wigan are doing quite well, oh no, it’s a bit chilly, game’s off....absolutely pathetic in this day and age....it’s minus 20 in Helsinki today, nothing bad happened, nothing stopped...

They play their season from april to october in finland,nothing bad happens in football matches in febuary because there arnt any.

3 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

They play their season from april to october in finland,nothing bad happens in football matches in febuary because there arnt any.

Wasn’t talking about football when I mentioned Helsinki, I just said nothing bad happened in Helsinki today and nothing stopped despite minus 20 degrees temperatures....so no reason why the gas should call off a game just because it’s a bit chilly in Bristol with pretty much no snow...

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn’t talking about football when I mentioned Helsinki, I just said nothing bad happened in Helsinki today and nothing stopped despite minus 20 degrees temperatures....so no reason why the gas should call off a game just because it’s a bit chilly in Bristol with pretty much no snow...

I wouldn't bother mate. 'Bobby Kellard was go' thinks the 'gap' between us and Cardiff is the same as the gap between us and the Gas. :facepalm:

It's pretty clear you weren't talking about football in Finland.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wouldn't bother mate. 'Bobby Kellard was go' thinks the 'gap' between us and Cardiff is the same as the gap between us and the Gas. :facepalm:

It's pretty clear you weren't talking about football in Finland.

The gap will be wider than the rovers gap if cardiff go up.

I dont get the subject really.if the pitch is unfit the ref calls the game off.

8 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

The gap will be wider than the rovers gap if cardiff go up.

I dont get the subject really.if the pitch is unfit the ref calls the game off.

Except that off-the-field we probably match Cardiff if not better them in some aspects. Whereas Rovers are lightyears behind. And on-the-field, Cardiff are unlikely to be more than 15 places ahead of us even if they go up, as long as we have a decent season next year and hover around the play-offs. In which case Rovers would be at least 18 places off us.

Not sure how you come to that logic.

• Like 1