IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

The statement was posted yesterday and buses weren't running.

It's more of a safety thing when local authorities etc are advising not to travel.

Even more of a ridiculous statement then. Requesting MK to cancel their home match because the local bus service in Bristol is not operating the day before the game.

3 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Surely with the level of debt accruing, and counteract that against the assets of the business (which is possibly becoming negligible).

Without a significant level of fresh investment, I really can't see this business as a 'Going Concern'.

One question, does the proposed Accounts include provision for interest? As this would obviously not impinge on cashflow.

Talking of cashflow, like any Football Club their Accountant must be eating/drinking and sleeping cashflow analysis (no real difference to any SME)

Just had a look at Slagchat, blimey there sure are a lot of plastic Accountants over there !

Apparently, £1.5m of the loss is the purchase of the Colony in addition to their summer expenditure on players.

PLEASE these items are both treated in the Accounts as assets and depreciated as such (ie length if contract of player) , and thus depreciation only effects the P&L of the business.

The loss or indeed profit on a player sold during his contracted period is indeed recorded in the P&L.

20 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Even more of a ridiculous statement then. Requesting MK to cancel their home match because the local bus service in Bristol is not operating the day before the game.

Not exactly the statement though, is it?

It was highlighting that the authorities had warned people not to drive/travel, and as a consequence there was no public travel in/out of Bristol - and to think of the fans.

I don't agree with thinking MK should have called it off, but do find it weird how you seem to have read a different statement than the one posted.

36 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

It was highlighting that the authorities had warned people not to drive/travel, and as a consequence there was no public travel in/out of Bristol - and to think of the fans.

I don't agree with thinking MK should have called it off, but do find it weird how you seem to have read a different statement than the one posted.

In fairness you can’t get to MK by train today going the quickest way (via Birmingham) 

49 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Warning you 15ers not to travel or drive is doing the rest of us a public service. You shouldn’t breed either - especially with your sister. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bs3 said:

I see the blue few are in melt down because their game at MK Dons is ON.

Their supporters club have issued a statement saying that the all of Bristol is in lock down and no buses and trains are running,  lie after lie .  Trains and buses are running in Bristol.

Rovers have just taken the lead at MK. Imagine the wrath from the blue few if the weather socks in and the Ref now abandons the game!

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Warning you 15ers not to travel or drive is doing the rest of us a public service. You shouldn’t breed either - especially with your sister. 

A put down that would not look out of place in an episode of Blackadder, Rudolf :clap::rofl2br:

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Image result for bristol city fans at mk dons

IMG_8904.JPG

Coming for us mind! :whistle:

Yeah but, but, but....., last season they made this game on a Tuesday night. Now they’ve only gone and arranged this season’s on a bloody Saturday. It’s just not fair..! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

On RB post match talking about making the playoffs once more 

I’m not surprised. Only 4 points off. 

If they beat Plymouth in a couple of weeks then they’ll have every chance. 

Added: I never wish them well, but the financial input needed to compete in the championship could be just about enough to send them bust, so bring it on..!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not surprised. Only 4 points off. 

If they beat Plymouth in a couple of weeks then they’ll have every chance. 

Added: I never wish them well, but the financial input needed to compete in the championship could be just about enough to send them bust, so bring it on..!

**** off, Charlton have played two less!

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

True, but they still need to win those. Hopefully they do enough to keep the Pikeys down in mid table. 

They really don’t.

They are already 2 points ahead, even two draws means they are 4 ahead having played the same number of games.

Rovers still have to play the 3 sides who came down last season & occupy three of the top four places.

How many points do you reckon they will get against Blackburn, Wigan & at Rotherham?

They have already lost 16 games!

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

They really don’t.

They are already 2 points ahead, even two draws means they are 4 ahead having played the same number of games.

Rovers still have to play the 3 sides who came down last season & occupy three of the top four places.

How many points do you reckon they will get against Blackburn, Wigan & at Rotherham?

They have already lost 16 games!

I hope you’re right! The sooner their season fizzles out the better!

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It often bodes well, when they think they can’t go down..! 

Yeah, I remember Rovers beating Plymouth at home in February 2014 (maybe even March) and listening to all the divs bang on how "a new era is coming" and how we were about to swap divisions with them as they were chasing a Play Off place.

Another grand prediction they got spectacularly wrong :laughcont:

Idiots.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Image result for bristol city fans at mk dons

IMG_8904.JPG

Coming for us mind! :whistle:

Apparently our away support is shit, whilst they think they're the Leeds Utd of the lower divisions...keeping grateful clubs in business with their massive away followings. 

Just saying....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah, I remember Rovers beating Plymouth at home in February 2014 (maybe even March) and listening to all the divs bang on how "a new era is coming" and how we were about to swap divisions with them as they were chasing a Play Off place.

Another grand prediction they got spectacularly wrong :laughcont:

Idiots.

Apparently our away support is shit, whilst they think they're the Leeds Utd of the lower divisions...keeping grateful clubs in business with their massive away followings. 

Just saying....

8240 incl 780 who trekked with dog sleds all the way from the frozen tundra of Banjo Island to establish base camp just outside of Northampton before making their final assault on well, anyone.