IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I’m starting to warm towards Rovers. I’ve always had them down as vile, horse punching cretins, with a massive chip on their shoulder - BUT... first the have the delightful Wael take charge and now @st andrews gas who is basically a genius, amongst their support. 

I’m starting to think that I’ve been wrong all along and might have to consider liking such a well loved & respected club. Globally, obviously..! 

What a conundrum..! If only St Andrews Gas were here to lend me some words of wisdom..! 

CONDENSED VERSION: 

F29F2266-C43E-4AEA-A77C-7A3B11CFBA1A.gif

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

You should meet Londoner. You and him would get on very well.

Anyone who brags about their academic achievements as a means of belittling other people isn't worth the oxygen they breathe.

I'm a Behavioural Psychologist, letters  after my name and that............. but I'm also a tw4t and proud of it!!!  :10_1_108:

28 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We are indeed blessed that one of the most brilliant minds on the planet inhabited this forum last evening and admitted that despite possessing the brainpower of a small planet, he cannot understand why  "anyone in our 'metropolis' would want to support anyone other than Rovers".

My mind is blown.

At first I was slightly disappointed that someone of his immense intelligence was wasting the evening on a Bristol City Forum having his ass handed to him for hours on end, especially when he could’ve spent that time putting his brain to good use.

Then I realised after re-reading his posts that he clearly has a drunk 10 year old relative writing them whilst he’s busy trying to build a time machine to take him back to the 90s when they actually used to play us.

Good thinking Professor SAG

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We are indeed blessed that one of the most brilliant minds on the planet inhabited this forum last evening and admitted that despite possessing the brainpower of a small planet, he cannot understand why  "anyone in our 'metropolis' would want to support anyone other than Rovers".

My mind is blown.

I didn't even know Bristol was considered a metropolis. 6 or 7 metropolitan areas in the UK and we aint one of them. But of course St Andrews gas leak knows that and was just having fun with they gurt thick teds.

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I didn't even know Bristol was considered a metropolis. 6 or 7 metropolitan areas in the UK and we aint one of them. But of course St Andrews gas leak knows that and was just having fun with they gurt thick teds.

In fairness, Stan apostrophised 'metropolis' which is his get out of jail card on this occasion. A genius would never knowingly make such an error.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It's always so nice to get a visit from Stan Drew and now we know that he's a genius with an IQ which is only two points below the 160 IQ rating attributed to Professors Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein. No doubt Stan will thus be able to explain to everyone the black hole into which his clubs finances seem to have collapsed?

Stan's IQ betters the 156 score of that other well known genius, Donald Trump - although both of them have a tendency to Fake News, as Stan's claim above evidences.

In 2004, the New York Times asked Stephen Hawking what his IQ was and he memorably replied: “People who boast about their IQ are losers.”.  If Professor Hawking had an IQ of just 158, he would never have achieved that realisation. Obviously.

Welcome back Stan.

Plus he drags the overall average IQ of the sags into double figures, although at 156, in statistical terms, he is known as an outlier and possibly as an out and out liar as well.

• Haha 2

I'd just like to confirm that I have 7 'O' levels, a couple of dodgy 'A' levels, haven't got a clue what my IQ is and have never been thanked by the Japanese (or indeed any other nation) for absolutely anything! 

Just in case anyone was interested. 

Yawn... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I'd just like to confirm that I have 7 'O' levels, a couple of dodgy 'A' levels, haven't got a clue what my IQ is and have never been thanked by the Japanese (or indeed any other nation) for absolutely anything! 

... and that's why you're only a Ted. ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BS3City said:

That’s nothing. I once won the sack race at primary school. Beat that!

neh neh neh neh neh 

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 1

It's obvious that our achievements pale into insignificance compared to those of St Andrews Sag. His knowledge and achievements now have no equal, especially considering the recent sad passing of Stephen Hawking.

I for one bow to his superior intellect. We (and several Japanese ministries) are privileged to have encountered him and have him posting on OTIB.

What a guy... :clapping:

18 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Just a query- what is it with the 'prowed' thing? don't quiz me, 158 MENSA score- yes, true- not bad for a 'prowed' gasser!

But asDanny Baker says, “Bristol Rover’s fans are pathological liars” you’ll be telling us that you have a Jim’ll fix it badge next.

49 minutes ago, harrys said:

But asDanny Baker says, “Bristol Rover’s fans are pathological liars” you’ll be telling us that you have a Jim’ll fix it badge next.

He probably just asked for one, when he was stood next to Jimmy on the terraces. 

363A3D92-0724-4B0C-94A5-E76CFEC0B6E3.png

19 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Am happy to show you my certificate anytime/anywhere of your choosing- and my commendations from  several Japanese  government ministries...

Do they appear anywhere on this list by any chance? :whistle:

https://www.geteducated.com/college-degree-mills/204-fake-agencies-for-college-accreditation

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

forgive me... I'm out of "the loop" at the moment. I hear rumours that The Bristol Arena may be transferred from it's current site to Filton. Is there any chance The Gastards could ride on the back of this and try to attract a new stadium for themselves on the same/adjacent site?

Better not mate, house prices in Little Stoke are low enough as it is 

51 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

forgive me... I'm out of "the loop" at the moment. I hear rumours that The Bristol Arena may be transferred from it's current site to Filton. Is there any chance The Gastards could ride on the back of this and try to attract a new stadium for themselves on the same/adjacent site?

I’d say it’s unlikely. There’s not much spare land going free on the old Brabazon hanger side of the A38 (where the Bristol Arena might go). Most of the site is occupied by Airbus, new offices or land earmarked for housing. The area where houses are due to be built would have to be bought by Rovers at the going rate. As Rovers would need to buy  more land for a new stadium than what they currently have, plus the cost of actually building the stadium, this would mean a £30m (?) expenditure just for something basic. The old Rolls-Royce site on the other side of the A38 is currently being filled by industrial units. 

Edited by pongo88

52 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

They haven’t got any money..! 

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

They`ll say they are in some sort of `partnership` to build something until it becomes clear that they `re expected to contribute some money whereupon they will withdraw saying that the deal on offer wasn`t in Rovers` best interests i.e they couldn`t get someone else to pay for it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I see city have done some fantastic work in various communities today . Players out and about. Fantastic. Rovers had a kick about with there disability team. Fair play. But didn’t actually go out and about. Which I thought it was all about 

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ll say they are in some sort of `partnership` to build something until it becomes clear that they `re expected to contribute some money whereupon they will withdraw saying that the deal on offer wasn`t in Rovers` best interests i.e they couldn`t get someone else to pay for it.

How does a first team scouting mission class as community work..?!