IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Lots of people taking the piss out of their away support yesterday

We wont take much more to Barnsley

I think we’ll take close to 1,000 if not just over. Many will POTD and others are waiting on pay day I would imagine. Football is an expensive hobby to follow..

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

Rovers fans will be delighted to hear that the confidentiality agreement between Rovers and UWE does not apply to delegates at the Coliseum Summit which was held in London this week. And even more so to learn that the elite group of executives who attended the junket can be trusted not to reveal details of those delicate negotiations which are taking place about the redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium.

If only we were all so privileged ...

http://www.coliseum-online.com/europe-coliseum-summit-2018/conference-program/

4:10 pm 

Fallout of the breakdown of a deal

In any business, not all deals are meant to be a success. How to manage a situation when a deal doesn't go through? In this session, we will learn from the failed negotiations between Bristol Rovers and UWE, what went wrong and why the plug was eventually pulled, and how did Rovers handle the consequences and fallout of the breakdown of the deal. We'll also get a peek into the alternative action plan the club is working on at the moment.

Wael Al-Qadi
President, Bristol Rovers FC, UK 

But we already know.

Henbury Gas said that UWE wanted to keep 400% of all revenue and the club could only sell tickets to former city fans who mysteriously got injured during a fight the police say didn't happen.

Edited by Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Considering we've already sold 600 tickets, I'd imagine we'll end up taking more than double what they took to Posh.

49 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think we’ll take close to 1,000 if not just over. Many will POTD and others are waiting on pay day I would imagine. Football is an expensive hobby to follow..

Not like one of our more cynical posters to make a negative statement like that without checking the facts. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

They ask for it.

Shouldn’t keep on pretending they’re the Leeds Utd of L1 in terms of away support should they?

As for us, we’ve already sold 600 tickets for Barnsley so I don’t think it’s out the question that we’ll take double the number of fans to Oakwell than they had at Posh yesterday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hopefully we will take a lot of pay on the day. Would love to go myself but just cant.afford it sadly

Anything over 1000 would be brilliant 

Have you considered many others may be in your position and not able to afford to go? Away days can cost £100 easily! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Of course ive considered it. I dont get your point? Im not criticising our away support?

Well, you made an overly negative statement about our support without checking your facts and you've been proven wrong. Point is, don't be such a misery guts all the time! ;)

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

You just said we won't take many more than the Gas yesterday ? :blink:

I dont think we will top much more then 700-800 if im honest. 

Im not criticising our away support either. As someone rightly pointed out..a lot of people cant afford to do away games as much as they would like. I certainly cant

I love laughing at the Rovers as much as anyone...I just dont see how some people can mock their away attendances when ours isnt exactly huge. 

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Well, you made an overly negative statement about our support without checking your facts and you've been proven wrong. Point is, don't be such a misery guts all the time! ;)

Not really been proven wrong. Weve sold 600. I personally dont think we will get more then 800 up there which, considering where we are and where those peasents are...isnt a huge difference

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not really been proven wrong. Weve sold 600. I personally dont think we will get more then 800 up there which, considering where we are and where those peasents are...isnt a huge difference

Eh? You said that we wouldn't get many more to Barnsley than the 400 Gas at Peterborough. 

If we took 800 then that's double the amount. Since when is double not a huge difference? By that logic, Chelsea don't have much bigger home attendances than us! :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Eh? You said that we wouldn't get many more to Barnsley than the 400 Gas at Peterborough. 

If we took 800 then that's double the amount. Since when is double not a huge difference? By that logic, Chelsea don't have much bigger home attendances than us! :D

The point im trying to make is we are hardly pulling up trees with our away attendances. Certainly not enough to be mocking them. Shouldnt be to difficult to 'double' an attendance of 400...considering we are challenging top 6

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pompey currently beating Oxford 1-0 but making heavy weather of it. Oxford just missed a penalty and Mowat who missed it sent off for lamping Nathan Thompson who ran ten yards to goad him.

Once a Swindon arsehole, always a Swindon arsehole.

That tosser certainly likes doing that.

I remember his disgraceful antics at the county dump and him being the captain setting an example and his subsequent "no show" in the return match, probably due to running out of clean underwear.

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The point im trying to make is we are hardly pulling up trees with our away attendances. Certainly not enough to be mocking them. Shouldnt be to difficult to 'double' an attendance of 400...considering we are challenging top 6

The reason we mock them is because of the lies they tell constantly about the numbers they take away and bang on about a amazing away support they supposedly have which in reality is bollocks. Most of us know our away support is average but don’t feel the need to embellish it because of a inferiority complex . 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
On 24/03/2018 at 22:57, bert tann said:

Rovers fans will be delighted to hear that the confidentiality agreement between Rovers and UWE does not apply to delegates at the Coliseum Summit which was held in London this week. And even more so to learn that the elite group of executives who attended the junket can be trusted not to reveal details of those delicate negotiations which are taking place about the redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium.

If only we were all so privileged ...

http://www.coliseum-online.com/europe-coliseum-summit-2018/conference-program/

4:10 pm 

Fallout of the breakdown of a deal

In any business, not all deals are meant to be a success. How to manage a situation when a deal doesn't go through? In this session, we will learn from the failed negotiations between Bristol Rovers and UWE, what went wrong and why the plug was eventually pulled, and how did Rovers handle the consequences and fallout of the breakdown of the deal. We'll also get a peek into the alternative action plan the club is working on at the moment.

Wael Al-Qadi
President, Bristol Rovers FC, UK 

That must have been like getting to a cup final for him, a few successful stadium executives there, they must have been mightily impressed with the tales of a ramshackle club and its failures.  I wonder if the networking got him any funding?

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That must have been like getting to a cup final for him, a few successful stadium executives there, they must have been mightily impressed with the tales of a ramshackle club and its failures.  I wonder if the networking got him any funding?

I doubt funding will have been secured at such an event, however I hear that Wally was mighty impressed at the wonder of the on-site vending machine and will be looking into the pheasability of providing “in date” snacks & refreshments, as part of their stadium revamp in the summer. 

Good times are on the horizon. 

“Unlucky the shit!”

• Haha 1